• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

Cepheus

Hi everyone! I'm new here, and I'm so happy that there's a fur scene here. :) My 'sona's a Maine Coon Cat (though you could probably tell by my avatar).

Tyeforce

It's been awhile since I've posted in here, but I've finally gotten around to making a fursona, and I'm nearly done designing it. Here's what I've got so far~

pLnot8O.png

Tye the tanuki, or Tyenuki for short (I know, it's terrible, but I couldn't think of anything better, lol).

Cepheus

Thanks! :3 I need to hurry up and finish it so I can get some art commissioned, lol.

I understand. I don't really have a full ref for mine yet. I'm trying to learn to draw so I can do it myself and make it exactly how I envision him. I must warn you, though, getting commissions is a slippery slope. You get one and then you can't stop getting more and more. That's part of the reason why I don't have any yet, though I'll have to get at least a headshot done sometime because I need something to go on my badge for Confuzzled next year.

Hmm... anyone seen interesting/creative takes on furry designs? I'm thinking of that since, well, I'm feeling pretty bored lately and just kind of want to see new things that I might have been missing out on.

MayMay

Banned
Hi everyone! I'm new here, and I'm so happy that there's a fur scene here. :) My 'sona's a Maine Coon Cat (though you could probably tell by my avatar).

Hey!

I drew this fan art piece of Sly Cooper a couple of days ago, larger version in the DeviantArt page: http://mykegreywolf.deviantart.com/art/Catch-Me-If-You-Can-640161836

I posted it in the videogame fan art thread, but it got no reaction at all. :/

Lots more furry/pony pieces there, if anyone is interested.

Oy, that's pretty good~

Kater

Banned
He's real! And Popplio evo looks tragic, imo. It's like a seal at the circus.

nCT9fi7.png
Poor cat though, he got no neck to speak of.

His hands looks comically large too.

Not a fan of that design. I liked the final evolution of the XY fire starter a lot better.

Cepheus

Not a fan of that design. I liked the final evolution of the XY fire starter a lot better.

I didn't notice the large hands until you pointed it out... Now I'm not really digging the design either.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

I didn't notice the large hands until you pointed it out... Now I'm not really digging the design either.

time to convince these folks that the champion of the masses is stylin'

fkiudg.gif
akgonw.gif
rwpbsg.gif

aqgoit.gif

Wulfric

Lol, you got a point. I don't think null ghost ever drew Chief Bogo. I would love to see that. :/

Art by garousuki. Bowser is spilling water everywhere. (;¬_¬)
mUxqR5f.jpg

Kater

Banned
That's a big ass on that cat.

Business cat and big bat girl look cool. I usually like more detail but I'm okay with this. And the drawing of lundi's character is nice too. I almost thought lundi actually did that portrait of their character themselves, but then I noticed how it's lacking the trademark soft lines they use.

The bara cat looks ugly imo. Its hands are huge.
Imagine he'd hug you from behind, his hands on your chest like this

tumblr_lxif9hzyRz1r0qgec.png

Jokes aside, I kinda thought they'd make the final evo quadrupedal instead of bipedal. It's funny though, with Pokemon you simply never know what they'll become. Meowth is bipedal at first and then becomes this big badass quadrupedal Pokemon. I prefer that sort of design since there's already so many bipedal Pokemon.

This is all more or less an academic conversation for me btw since I don't play Pokemon. I played a bit of XY at the time but before that only the GBC and GBA ones. I am still interested to see what new designs they come up with for newer games however.

Hmm... anyone seen interesting/creative takes on furry designs? I'm thinking of that since, well, I'm feeling pretty bored lately and just kind of want to see new things that I might have been missing out on.

Hmm. I can think of a few cool/unique/interesting designs off the top of my head.

First one is dovne's fursona.

You don't see a lot of avian characters and theirs is really well designed, I think.

The next character is the one created by an artist named Natalie de Corsair, called Heather.
Kind of cool and creepy looking. I like it. And she also has bird legs, because imagination is free and you can do whatever you want.

Next is Ely's characters; these pictures are of just two of them but she has way more. Ely (the goatdog) is her fursona. Rita is the dragon with the kickass pompadour.
There's not much art of her other characters.

The last character I'm going to talk about (because tumblr is about to make my browser crash!) is Hensa's fursona. A cool, interesting, and distinctive design with a great color scheme make Hensa's fursona one of the best I've ever seen, and she's super cute too!

I've noticed that a lot of furries seem to be limiting their fursona designs to something you can easily make into a fursuit, and I think this is a bad trend. It limits creativity.
Now I guess that's easy for me to say as someone that doesn't ever intend to actually go to a furry convention but still.
The bara cat looks ugly imo. Its hands are huge.
Yeah as much as I want to like Incineroar's design the fucking yaoi hands take a lot away from it.

Breads

Banned
People actually limit it to something people can relate to, and... well... something that's easy to get surprise fanart for.

The fursuit aspect is actually an extreme minority for artists.

Wulfric

So, did anyone see this Dorkly video? I got a decent chuckle out of it. I don't know about you all, but I've been on both sides of this divide. You would think two very niche hobbies would be more open minded. Anime fans seem to think poorly of furry fans, and vice versa. Just one of those things I've noticed whenever the topic of furry happens to come up IRL. Usually it's me and one other person saying it's not all that bad.

And I'm sure some people have strong opinions about this... whatever that thing is supposed to be.

DGCmcLf.jpg

Cepheus

So, did anyone see this Dorkly video? I got a decent chuckle out of it. I don't know about you all, but I've been on both sides of this divide. You would think two very niche hobbies would be more open minded. Anime fans seem to think poorly of furry fans, and vice versa. Just one of those things I've noticed whenever the topic of furry happens to come up IRL. Usually it's me and one other person saying it's not all that bad.

And I'm sure some people have strong opinions about this... whatever that thing is supposed to be.

DGCmcLf.jpg

I've seen that too. I thought it was funny as well... Most of my friends are anime fans, though they don't know I'm a furry and I'd like to keep it that way.

Wulfric

Well this is awkward and hilarious. Someone pointed out to me that a Pokemon used my Braviary image for "Top 10 Most Handsome Pokemon".

I don't mind the pic being used, I just don't know what to feel lol

Lol, copyright claim their video and get the ad money? Not sure if that works if you're outside the US.

/s

For real though, congrats? That's so random. I would find it really weird if someone did that with my art.

Boss Doggie

Lol, copyright claim their video and get the ad money? Not sure if that works if you're outside the US.

/s

For real though, congrats? That's so random. I would find it really weird if someone did that with my art.

yeah exactly, I dunno what to feel, just that awkward feel I guess XD

Message them and ask for accreditation in the video description

nah it doesn't really bother me, hell I'd rather not be pointed out lol

Breads

Banned
Man... I lost count of the amount of times people used my drawings in things.

My favorite ones though are the times my drawings were used in actual homestuck updates.

Art Showcase Featuring kaitycuddle

I think I'll try to make these art dump posts a weekly thing.

I drew some furry. Not my character though.

I figure it's safe enough to post here...
I love it!
I've seen that too. I thought it was funny as well... Most of my friends are anime fans, though they don't know I'm a furry and I'd like to keep it that way.
I'm in the exact same situation. :/

Wulfric

Art Dump Post

Artist: kaitycuddle

tumblr_nrssmoJEwP1tq9390o1_1280.png

I think I'll try to make these art dump posts a weekly thing.

That armor is soooo impractical. lol

Definitely do the art post thing, this thread needs more activity. Tbqh I'd rather post here instead of FA or 621.

Omg, kenket is doing another print sale... not sure I need more smut prints though xD

Cepheus

I'm in the exact same situation. :/

I wish that I didn't have to be so secretive about it, but that's just how it is. The only time I can really feel like I can talk about this stuff IRL is at meets, though they only happen in my area about once a month. I'm having to hide going to them from my friends too, though I've done a good job of it so far.

Wulfric

I wish that I didn't have to be so secretive about it, but that's just how it is. The only time I can really feel like I can talk about this stuff IRL is at meets, though they only happen in my area about once a month. I'm having to hide going to them from my friends too, though I've done a good job of it so far.

Why be secretive about it? I'll send people pics or a link to a funny comic sometimes. One part of the fandom existing doesn't mean having to avoid telling people about the other cool stuff that's out there.

Cepheus

Why be secretive about it? I'll send people pics or a link to a funny comic sometimes. One part of the fandom existing doesn't mean having to avoid telling people about the other cool stuff that's out there.

I'm worried about them seeing me differently after I tell them, and judging me. I don't really need any more of that. Maybe when I learn to draw, or get a proper headshot commission done, I'll make it my avatar on Steam and see how they react.

Kater

Banned
I mean, it's a small thing, saying that you like anthro art, smut or no. It's nowhere near as big as a coming out would be as LGBT. Though, I'd say it's not really an important thing to know about people usually, it's as relevant as saying that you collect bugs to most. Odd, some would say. But not really worth mentioning to anyone. If I were in a relationship with someone for example and I wasn't sure if they'd find Khajiit warriors hot then I wouldn't mention it even to them. :p

Boss Doggie

I don't think people will mind at all if they see you enjoying anthro stuff. Usually the ones people have problems with are the ones "pushing" their interest when they don't really care.

Cepheus

I've been on the receiving end of people from other fandoms trying to shove what they're into in my face, trying to 'convert' me before so I know how unpleasant that is, and I'll try not to do that to my friends. I won't outright say that I'm into anthro stuff to them out of the blue, but if it ever comes up in conversation, I'll tell them the truth.

Boss Doggie

Just tell them they bother you about that.

Also glad this thread is back alive. Always knew private chat groups tend to kill discussion in both ways.

Cepheus

Also glad this thread is back alive. Always knew private chat groups tend to kill discussion in both ways.

I already did tell the person that used to do that what I felt about him and I ended up cutting him off, but for different reasons. I've still got other people I can talk to, though, so it's all good.

I'm happy about this thread activity too. Was there a FurryGAF private chat group, then?

Wulfric

I've been on the receiving end of people from other fandoms trying to shove what they're into in my face, trying to 'convert' me before so I know how unpleasant that is, and I'll try not to do that to my friends. I won't outright say that I'm into anthro stuff to them out of the blue, but if it ever comes up in conversation, I'll tell them the truth.

*shrug* It is what it is. I don't expect to talk about furry stuff IRL, but if they seem open to the idea, I might sneakily mention it.

Ya, it's great. There's not too many people here, so the activity kinda comes and goes. I try to keep an eye on it. Although I think Pokemon SuMo will help in keeping this thread more active. ⌒(o^▽^o)ノ

Boss Doggie

I already did tell the person that used to do that what I felt about him and I ended up cutting him off, but for different reasons. I've still got other people I can talk to, though, so it's all good.

I'm happy about this thread activity too. Was there a FurryGAF private chat group, then?

thrice

they all keep dying or becoming so isolated/far off from original intent while this thread keeps itself alive

Top Bottom