• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Further clarification by Capcom on DMC5:SE: Series S will not have RT. Xbox Series X will get Direct X Ray Tracing Patch at a later date

What is the reason why the Xbox Series S is missing RT?

• Total voters

Neo_game

Why not give RT support to PC also?

Further, I don't need to "help out" Series S, it's already confirmed to have RT for some titles even at launch. It's not a case of can't, it's a case of Capcom won't.

This is only a console upgrade for now. Not sure why you are bringing PC in this discussion. Are you suggesting Sony paid Capcom for timed exclusive RT and not have this implemented on SS, PC ?

Further, I don't need to "help out" Series S, it's already confirmed to have RT for some titles even at launch. It's not a case of can't,
Being theoretically capable to do something and being practically able to do it within reasonable performance and quality parameters are 2 pairs of shoes...
A 2060 6TF turing card with its tensor cores is pretty much too little for RT already.......and people expect a 4tf box without any dedicated hardware to pull something like that off------

ridiculous, really.

Last edited:
Why aren't you guys comparing the PS5 to Series X instead of S? Series X at 499 is a far better value than the PS5 tech wise.

Because Sony fanboy logic is as follows:

XsX has more TFLOPS... "ITS NOT JUST ABOUT THE TFLOPS"

XsS is priced at 299: "THATS TOO MUCH THATS $50 A FLOP"

PS5 is priced at 499: "ITS NOT JUST ABOUT THE TFLOPS"

Its laughable at this point.

Zelent

I'm glad I grew up during an era where it was impossible to end up with the "shit" version of a console.
I can understand the Series S having lower FPS and resolution... but missing an entire graphical feature is depressing.

What an underwhelming "next-gen"...

Top Bottom