• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Further NA Zelda Symphony dates revealed (Vancouver, Phoenix, etc) [ON SALE NOW]

Kunan

So damned pumped. I got a kickass seat for the Montreal show tonight! Got my 3DS charged and ready :D

After this, my E3 hype will be unbearable lol

Kunan

Jesus that concert was amazing! It's an absolute must see/hear for everyone.

Our set list was:

Overture
Dungeon Medley
Ocarina Song Medley
Song of the 3 Goddesses
Movement 1: Ocarina of Time
Movement 2: Windwaker

Intermission

Song of the Great Fairy <- Amazing
Movement 3: Twilight Princess
Movement 4: Link to the Past
Encore 1: Ballad of the Windfish
Encore 2: Gerudo Valley
Encore 3: Majora's Mask Medley

Pretty sure there was a short Main Theme Medley in there, but it wasn't the OP one on the CD.

EDIT: Almost forgot! They had a ton of video cameras taping everything. Perhaps they will finally make a DVD?? :D

Tigel

Jesus that concert was amazing! It's an absolute must see/hear for everyone.

Our set list was:

Overture
Dungeon Medley
Ocarina Song Medley
Song of the 3 Goddesses
Movement 1: Ocarina of Time
Movement 2: Windwaker

Intermission

Song of the Great Fairy <- Amazing
Movement 3: Twilight Princess
Movement 4: Link to the Past
Encore 1: Ballad of the Windfish
Encore 2: Gerudo Valley
Encore 3: Majora's Mask Medley

Pretty sure there was a short Main Theme Medley in there, but it wasn't the OP one on the CD.

I was there too in Montreal. What a kickass concert. The musicians were phenomenal, the playlist was fantastic and the sound simply amazing.

I had a good place too, 4th row on the front.
This is a show you don't want to miss.

aparisi2274

I have tickets for the LA show next week during E3. Zelda Williams is emceeing it, and so I hope they put on a really good show.

Kunan

I was there too in Montreal. What a kickass concert. The musicians were phenomenal, the playlist was fantastic and the sound simply amazing.

Yea it was so freaking good. I swear I teared up a few times. I felt genuinely like I was that kid years ago playing Link to the Past for the first time.

Nothing better than a fantastic concert. I'm ashamed that I didn't see the Distant Worlds one now.

I was there too! Fucking awesome! There was a hot-ass Lady Link cosplayer that had high-heeled boots! I was too scared to talk to her!

The music was awesome too!

AleeN634

The concert definitely was an experience. I was really happy they did a Majora's Mask medley, its one of my favorite Zelda games.

Tigel

Yea it was so freaking good. I swear I teared up a few times. I felt genuinely like I was that kid years ago playing Link to the Past for the first time.

Nothing better than a fantastic concert. I'm ashamed that I didn't see the Distant Worlds one now.

Yeah let's hope that they come to Montreal someday. The closest they' ve come is to Toronto :/

The concert definitely was an experience. I was really happy they did a Majora's Mask medley, its one of my favorite Zelda games.
Yes! That medley was awesome! Actually, I don't think there was any weak mouvement. It was pretty much a perfect concert in my book.

suikodan

I saw two FF concerts and two VGLs and in terms of orchestra quality, this one rose the bar.

And again, Montreal proved that it has the best crowd of them all.

isny

napkin dispenser
I have the audio from the concert last night that I'll be uploading shortly, along with a bunch of photos from the show.

Llyranor

Yeah, concert was awesome. Orchestration (though there were some parts where my choice of brass would have been slightly different; some of it felt maybe a little off - but I'm completely nitpicking minor quibbles) was surprisingly good. Good balance of strings, winds, and brass (perhaps a tad too much percussion? if such a thing exists, maybe - though, I did feel like it slighly overpowered the rest a bit too much at times). The parts with the concertmaster violin solos were great and awesomely integrated into the pieces, rather than feeling forced. Gerudo Valley was awesome. My favorite bit was Dark World (YEAH!). The beginning of the Ballad of the Wind Fish was surprisingly amazing; the strings almost sounded like something that Sibelius (my favorite composer) would have written for some of his tone poems. But really, everything was awesome. Not one bad piece.

Loud Montreal crowd is awesome (except when they're encouraged to be loud during the music - what the crap, VGL?). Guy next to me was yelling like crazy, haha.

I wished they had used the new symphonic hall (the acoustics, oh my gosh, the acoustics), but the room isn't as big as this one :(

New dates announced! Chicago, Pittsburgh, Boston, and New York City!

Can a mod update the thread title please?

(Los Angeles, CA) June 5, 2012 - Based on one of the most popular and beloved video game series of all time, "The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses" is a spectacular concert tour featuring live orchestral performances of theme music from Nintendo's The Legend of Zelda franchise. The concert is touring North America and is coming to Los Angeles, CA on June 6, 2012 at 8:00pm at the Greek Theatre. The L.A. show will coincide with E3, the world's premier trade show and exhibit for computer and video games and related products, taking place June 5-7, 2012 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Meant to be a very special engagement for E3 goers and Los Angelenos alike, "The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses" will be hosted by avid franchise fan and Zelda community darling, Zelda Williams, who actually was named after the legendary franchise by her father, renowned actor and comedian Robin Williams.

The name "Symphony of the Goddesses" refers not only to the concert program but also to the new four-movement symphony recounting the classic storylines from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. The concert also will highlight orchestral renditions of music from other series games, including The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Eímear Noone will conduct the full orchestra with arrangements by music director Chad Seiter.

Since first appearing in 1986, The Legend of Zelda game series has sold more than 69 million units worldwide. The most recent entry in the series is The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, which launched exclusively for the Wii console in November 2011.

"Bringing this unique Zelda concert to Los Angeles during E3 is a tremendous opportunity," notes Jason Michael Paul, CEO of Jason Michael Paul Productions, which is producing the concert tour. "The response last year for the 25th Anniversary Symphony at The Pantages Theatre in L.A. was unparalleled, so it's exciting to return with a brand new experience for both loyal and new fans. Plus, the effervescent and charismatic Zelda Williams will host the evening, making this a truly extraordinary event for fans and music enthusiasts alike."

Additional Zelda tour dates are planned for Pittsburgh at Heinz Hall on July 27 and 28, Boston at The Wang Theatre on October 18, Chicago at The Chicago Theatre on October 25, and New York City at The Theater at MSG on November 28; beyond these concerts, even more dates will be announced soon. Fans can view a complete tour schedule with ticketing information, and also sign up for a regularly updated digital newsletter, at http://zelda-symphony.com. For more information about The Legend of Zelda video game series, visit http://zelda.nintendo.com.

About Jason Michael Paul Productions, Inc.
Jason Michael Paul Productions, Inc. is an independent full service entertainment and concert promotion agency dedicated to creating branded experiences for artists, and corporations for touring, temporary and permanent environments worldwide. From the people who brought concerts around the world like The Three Tenors, Luciano Pavarotti, Dear Friends- Music from FINAL FANTASY, More Friends- Music from FINAL FANTASY, and PLAY! A Video Game Symphony to mass audiences, Jason Michael Paul Productions, Inc. presents the finest in performing arts and family entertainment.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister

The people who attended the concert were again pushing the geek stereotype at its extreme. Don't people know how to act in a crowd?

Tigel

The people who attended the concert were again pushing the geek stereotype at its extreme. Don't people know how to act in a crowd?
Sure there was quite a few geeks running arround with their 3DS or cosplaying, but it was to be expected I guess. Beeing a Zelda concert and all.

Lexxon

Oh shit, they're coming to Boston!

http://www.citicenter.org/zelda/

Pre-sale starts today at 10AM with a special code (that's super secret...PM me for the code as I don't know how exclusive it's supposed to be, and I don't want lurkers stealing my tix!)

EDIT: I now see this is "old news" posted above, but, still...excited! Any idea how fast these shows sell out? I want to get tix immediately but I also want to check with some friends first, not leave them out, etc.

Jarlaxle

Got myself two tickets to the NYC show. It's about time.

I just wish it wasn't the week after Thanksgiving. It makes it harder to get the time off for my wife but we'll figure it out.

Tookay

Went to the one yesterday in LA. Although I didn't care for the venue (amphitheater acoustics weren't the greatest and mics were a little too hot initially), the concert was still great.

Second half of the concert was pretty much flawless, from TP's movement to the ALTTP movement, which might have been the best of the four movements they've created.

And, while I would have liked some more MM love, the medley they created was effective enough to cover most of the ground they needed to. People went nuts hearing that they were going to cover it after all.

Also the video montages were excellent, flowed well, and sold that warm nostalgic feeling.

BY2K

Membero Americo
We might just get a CD of the whole thing after the tour is done.

Jonny: I did have one special request to ask you. At the end of this tour, will you release a new CD with all the new content that wasn't on the Skyward Sword disc?

JM: All I can say is… that's something that we're working on at this time. Because the disc with Skyward Sword has been so close to release, Nintendo doesn't want to move forward quite yet. But send them your request; I think they listen. So you bug them enough, maybe there will be something. I would love to do that.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/interview/30770

I still have my fingers crossed for an STL date. There was a Chicago date announced, but it's unfortunately on a Thursday - I just wouldn't be able to make it.

Meier

So excited about tonight's show! I'm positively giddy. I've been to VGL and Dear Friends (Final Fantasy), but this one has me particularly excited. Tonight is gonna be amazing!

HylianTom

Banned
Just got back. This was a friggin' religious experience, well worth the nine hours I spent on the road to get here.

I never found anyone here to take my extra ticket. So I got to the Long Center ~15 minutes early and beelined to the box office, just in time to hear the salesperson telling a lovely young woman that they only had nosebleed seats left, each for $90. This was too much for her to afford. So I chirped-up, took the ticket out of my pocket, and handed it over to her, saying, "here, take this. I ended-up with an extra ticket. Front row, center."

She looked like she was going to cry. It was a great moment. "Oh my god - you've made my day, my week.. my month! Wow! I can't take this!" She was beaming.

I insisted, "Noooo.. c'mon, let's go hear some Zelda music! It's gonna be great - a once-in-a-lifetime thing, maybe!"

Instant friends, we found our seats and talked like schoolgirls until the show began. It was, like I said, a holy experience. I must've cried three or four times, thinking of old memories, getting straight Fs in college during the semester following Ocarina's release, playing marathon sessions with my dog by my side, hearing him howl back at Wolf Link's singing, fighting to get that 1500 points on horseback archery, etc. And it was over all too soon.

If you have a chance to go, GO. I cannot state this emphatically enough.
Hell, I might go again. :)

Hylian7

I was at the Austin show as well. Definitely worth it!

I'll put this in spoiler tags in case they do it at future shows:
That Majora's Mask medley. GOD DAMN!

Zhengi

So here was the thread about the Zelda Symphony. I went to the concert here in Los Angeles on June 6th. It was pretty freaking awesome. People definitely need to go and experience the music.

rothgar

I was at the Austin show as well. Definitely worth it!

I'll put this in spoiler tags in case they do it at future shows:
That Majora's Mask medley. GOD DAMN!

Awesome show indeed! I was there last night too. Highly recommeded for everybody.
Gerudo Valley!

Top Bottom