• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Further NA Zelda Symphony dates revealed (Vancouver, Phoenix, etc) [ON SALE NOW]

CloakBass

ORLANDO: Groupon has tickets for sale for $52 and $78.

Thanks! I bought my tickets the day the concert was announced, but I had to settle for the cheap seats. Really wish I would've waited now, but the thought of not being able to get a seat was mortifying. Hopefully I can get a friend to tag along with this though.

Officially going to the show on the 25th in Pennsylvania! Me and 2 friends bought our tickets today, we're fucking pumped. We've been listening to the soundtrack that came with Skyward Sword for months now, we're ecstatic to finally hear it for real. We're getting orchestra seats and I'll be sure to post impressions once I see it. I am ready for a hell of a show.

bumpkin

I managed to score tickets for me and a handful of my friends for the Boston show in October. Pretty psyched, I must say! I'm really expecting my 3DS to spontaneously combust with all of the street pass tags I get; or I sure as fuck hope it does! The area I live in, I only get passes at GameStop (the employees). I'm really hoping I get a shit-ton at the show. :)

I've been to two of these and while the StreetPass tags are plentiful, there's just too little time to actually get much out of them.

Cons and trade shows are much better.

DarkWish

So this concert is tomorrow in Vienna, VA... anyone else going? I am! Gonna bring my 3DS as well to get lots of StreetPass hits hopefully.

EDIT: By the way, I'll be wearing this Legend of Zelda shirt from the Nintendo World store. So if anyone from GAF sees me, say hi.

IrishNinja

still waiting on these miami tickets to go on sale...i dont think arsht center's ever done a groupon so im gonna try to get mine early, see if we can do another meetup!

JABEE

Went to see the Orchestra play tonight in Philadelphia. Really awesome show. Link to the Past and the dungeons medley were my favorite parts.

Three new dates/locations

Dec 08, 2012 8:00 PM
West Palm Beach, FL
Kravis Center (on sale 10/6)

Dec 09, 2012 8:00 PM
Miami, FL
Arsht Center (pre-sale now)

Dec 14, 2012 8:00 PM
San Jose, CA
San Jose Civic

TommyT

Hey Texas! Want to purchase your tickets for The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses early and at 15% off? Log in to club.nintendo.com to claim your exclusive discount code to the show in Dallas on October 12th. Not a Club Nintendo member? Tickets go on sale to the general public Friday, August 24th.

Don't know if it's a new date or not:

Oct 12, 2012 8:00 PM Dallas TX Annette Strauss Square

Back to Dallas it comes! BYOB too!

Special Event happening at the Nintendo World Store next Friday

In celebration of the tour, the Nintendo World store in Rockefeller Plaza in New York City will host a special event on Friday, September 14 from 6:00pm to 9:00pm. From 6:00pm through 6:45pm, Ocarina expert David "Docjazz" Ramos will lead an interactive workshop, introducing fans and newcomers to the history of the instrument. From 7:00pm to 8:00pm, an intimate mini-concert will be performed, featuring new arrangements heard only at this event. From 8:00pm to 9:00pm, attendees can interact with David Ramos and the concert musicians. Event attendees can also take photos with Link cosplay model Li Kovacs and purchase official "Symphony of the Goddesses" merchandise. The first consumers to enter the event will receive a special concert pack that includes a t-shirt, poster, and an ocarina to use during the Ocarina workshop.

zroid

Banned
Looks like Toronto is sold out now. This is going to be sooo goooood. I better get TONS of StreetPasses. Taking both my systems. :D

Codeblue

I want to go again... but the tickets to this one are so expensive.

No joke, the first showing had seats starting at $19.

I don't think it'd be worth going again unless they added a Skyward Sword movement. That's probably the only thing that could get me to go short of Kondo playing some tunes himself.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Looking forward to seeing this show when it comes around to San Antonio, tickets are ridiculously expensive though >_<

fmpanda

So, is anyone going to the Dallas one Tomorrow? Would be nice to meet up with other Gaffers if possible.

I'm going with a few other peeps who are going to be chilling in the Lawn Seat area (I bought my ticket when they first went on sale, so I'm more up near the front). Also, I would park near the Plaza of the Americas, they have $3 Parking nearby and are only a 5 minute walk away from the ATTPAC. Better than paying mucho $$ for Lexus Parking as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully it doesn't rain torrentially tomorrow night.

I'm going with a few other peeps who are going to be chilling in the Lawn Seat area (I bought my ticket when they first went on sale, so I'm more up near the front). Also, I would park near the Plaza of the Americas, they have $3 Parking nearby and are only a 5 minute walk away from the ATTPAC. Better than paying mucho $$ for Lexus Parking as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully it doesn't rain torrentially tomorrow night.

Oh, thanks for the parking tip. Yeah I bought some Lawn seats since they were the cheapest. Kinda felt like I should've gone with the Rear Row instead now. Oh well.

bumpkin

So tonight is the show taking place at the Wang (heh heh) Threatre down in Boston. Is anyone here attending? I'll have my 3DS on me, so if you have one too, perhaps we'll get our tag on.

dyreschlock

The Pabst Theater System in Milwaukee announced on Monday that the Symphony of the Goddesses series is coming to Riverside in downtown Milwaukee. This date and location isn't up on the Symphony of Goddesses website.

If you weren't able to get into the Chicago one, or wanted a cheaper alternative, now's your chance!

The Pre-sale tickets just went up at: http://pabsttheater.org/show/zelda2013
(password: Link)

The Club Nintendo discount works, too.

Just got home
Any Zelda fan needs to go.

They did the medley of all the games, then ocarina of time, then wind waker, then twilight princess, then link to the past

Then as encores they did ballad of the wind fish, then gerudo valley, and finally ended with majoras mask

I must have been sitting next to a gaffer because during the twilight princess portion he just played on his phone. And it's not like we were in the cheap seats.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
It was a great concert. I laugh at the fools who fell for the "encore" trick and left early.

Also: SO. MANY. NERDS.

I was pretty disappointed Kakariko Village, Gerudo Valley, Great Fairy's Fountain, WW Movement, and TP movement were exactly the same as the Skyward Sword CD. Incredible to listen to live but still.

One of the harp players was fucking up real good. Quite evident during the Great Fairy's Fountain theme duet.

And lots of neck beards oh my goodness...

But overall excellent night. ALttP movement was godly especially the end credits song. I was also glad the crowd reactions during the music was at a minimum (or at least in the front rows).

PDk8K.jpg

I also saw Groose

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Just came back from the San Antonio showing, man what a night. I was literally in the back though, like the backmost, left side of the theater. So I could only see 1/3rd of the screen, which didn't bother me anyways because I could still tell what was going on, and mainly I could still hear the symphony just fine.

Anyways, concert was great. I'll admit I had high expectations for what they were going to play, unfortunately I realized that it was unrealistic to play every single theme, but from what they played it was still amazing just to hear the live orchestrated versions. Also, I thought it was pretty lame for people to be laughing during the symphony. Sure there is some situational humor going on on screen but it kinda kills the mood.

I feel very fortunate, they said they added another piece to this (and i'm sure a few previous) concerts. I won't spoil it but it definitely cheered me up (that it felt like the concert was never going to end).

In the end, got my t-shirt and my poster ($35!), and I'm very fortunate to have the opportunity to witness such an amazing experience.

Also I got 50 streetpasses. I already have all the puzzles so I felt bad that I didn't have anything to do (other than that annoying secret quest of find mii 2).

Any word on whether or not more dates will be announced?

If this is it, I am HIGHLY considering making the drive from St. Louis to Milwaukee just to see this concert.

Bought my tickets today (around lunch time) for the Atlanta show using the presale code: Koji

We are having a group/3DS/friend meet up to eat dinner before the show if anyone is interested in conversation and streetpasses :) here's the page for the event. Hope to see some of you at the Atlanta event!

Top Bottom