• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

G-Unit - "The Beauty Of Independence" EP (50 Cent Reunites G-Unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game better than G-Unit?? , coming from a guy who got his screen name from a lyrical gem of an album?

Come on man, all game did was name drop, when his first album dropped, there was a tally/count out, dude said Dre like 500 times, he is far from lyrical.
i loled at the dre part. documentary is a classic though and the next two were great albums.

Quick

Banned
Everyone was dropping bombs back then. I still remember listening to Banks Hunger For More. Good lord that had some jams.

Just listened to "Don't Push Me" for the first time in forever. Ohmyyyy.

Hunger for More was pretty good. Probably my favourite debut album between Lloyd Banks, Young Buck, and Tony Yayo.

They reunited at Hot 97's Summer Jam this year and put there issues aside. 50 still doesn't like Game.

Well, that's good. He's a big part of G-Unit, but also probably the least memorable.

Game didn't join til later on, I think he made cameos in the Stunt 101 video I could be wrong

I know about Game's history with G-Unit. I just thought I'd make a quick comment on his absence from this reunion.

I liked The Documentary, but I didn't really follow Game after that.

BokehKing

Banned
Damn I remember when the premier groups in NY were Gunit, Dipset and Dblock

Edit forget rock a fella
I remember when the premier groups were

Wu-tang Clan
Mobb Deep
Boot Camp Click (smif n wessun/OGC/Heltah Skeltah)
Def Squad (epmd/Redman/Keith Murray)
Gangstarr
de LA soul
lords of the underground
And
ill and Al Scratch

When hip hop was good, the 90's

Wu-tang Clan
Mobb Deep
Gangstarr
de LA soul
lords of the underground
And
ill and Al Scratch

I'm 26 so I don't go that way back.. But mobb deep on their prime my gawd quiet storm uff special shoutout to bone thugs n harmony they get overlooked a lot

Hip Hop

Wu-tang Clan
Mobb Deep
Gangstarr
de LA soul
lords of the underground
And
ill and Al Scratch

I've always been good bruh

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Wu-tang Clan
Mobb Deep
Gangstarr
de LA soul
lords of the underground
And
ill and Al Scratch

Don't forget

blackstar.jpg

It sad when I think about Cassidy kid had so much promise, he had his small moment but he should've been a top Mc in the game by this time.

Lol at people calling game betrer than anyone.

Dude jacks rapper's styles on songs he's on with them, can't carry his own album, and has to name drop 15 people on each song. Dude is trash.
Had a better debut album than any other G-Unit member.

Quick

Banned
Had a better debut album than any other G-Unit member.

The Documentary felt like it had a lot more work put into it than the others, but it's a shame he didn't really follow it up. At the time, it felt like Game was going to be the next big thing with that album.

The Documentary felt like it had a lot more work put into it than the others, but it's a shame he didn't really follow it up. At the time, it felt like Game was going to be the next big thing with that album.
doctors advocate was great.not each album is going to be a classic.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Body Bags > Stop Crying. And I like both guys. Can't believe people think Game can't rap because he has a lot of references in his songs on Documentary when the whole album was supposed to be about 'west coast Resurrection,' so of course he'll name drop. Plenty of shitty rappers who name drop that can't make a hit.

daffy

Banned
The hell if i care
I'm just here to get my cash
You boujie ass bitches
you can kiss my ass

50 straight slobbered on that track

daffy

Banned
Changes is pretty bad. I'm not feeling it in general. Young Buck with the bombaclot impression made me want to dissassemble and remove the speaker out of my mp3 player.

Haha, because the generation I came from was so far/above and beyond what has been out since the G-Unit days, it's hard for me to give props to rappers people look up to today, they just don't stack up (imo)

I love my hip hop grimey, in the projects
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk716eRPYes&sns=em
Go to GAF hop pls and ask for recommendations. Don't sleep on how amazing hip hop is right now by shit taking it in a g unit thread.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=864446&page=1

Man, it's sometimes easy to forget just how huge G-Unit was. Motherfuckers were running to swap meets to buy fake G-Unit chains.

Is 50 Cent signed to Interscope/Aftermath/Shady anymore? What about Lloyd Banks, Yayo, Young Buck?

gogosox82

Wu-tang Clan
Mobb Deep
Gangstarr
de LA soul
lords of the underground
And
ill and Al Scratch

Yep this. And you didn't even mention A Tribe called Quest and Black Starr. Hell, I even liked Capone 'n Noreaga when they were together.
Man, it's sometimes easy to forget just how huge G-Unit was. Motherfuckers were running to swap meets to buy fake G-Unit chains.

Is 50 Cent signed to Interscope/Aftermath/Shady anymore? What about Lloyd Banks, Yayo, Young Buck?

I would also like the answer to this. What the hell happened to all of them?

Acorn

Nah 50 finally got out of interscope this year after they sat on his final contractual release for like 3 years. Jimmy Iovine continues to be a shady sob.

The rest were dropped a long time ago.

It's so obvious that this is nothing more than a last ditch effort by 50 to generate buzz for his dead career. Once he feels he has rebuilt his movement he'll drop the group like nothing, just watch. He doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself.

The music is trash.

Game is annoying but I enjoyed him when he was rapping with g-unit members. Some legit nice songs. Hate it or Love it was amazing. Also when the chips are down. Also any other song he may have done with shady/aftermath and co like the song with eminem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom