• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

G20 Hamburg Summit - Hype Thread!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
AgYkrhr.png

*Record Scratch*

*Freeze Frame*

"Yeah...that's me. You're probably wondering how I got into this situation. Well it's a funny story actually..."

Downtown Hamburg was like a ghost town today. No cars and a lot less people. Really relaxing experience. Should be like that every day only without the helicopter and police noise.

Its interesting from what I see , Most local news in the US in my area is maaking the protest about Trump. My favorite has to be CGTN(The Chinese Communist Party news rebrand from CCTV) .Which is both discussing what Xi is wanting out of the G20 while also somewhat praising the protest due to it's anticapitalist and Communist leanings.

KDR_11k

Not sure why you'd allow the protest if you stop it after 500m anyway. This has been known for weeks and hamburg police is known for escalating shit.

Because German law is like "if you stop it before it happens it's censorship but if you punish it afterwards everything is fine!"

So this was happening even with Obama????
I'm confused what do they want exactly?

This is against the whole G20, not just the US leadership and a lot of the rioters are anarchists and communists who want capitalism as a whole gone.

Xando

Because German law is like "if you stop it before it happens it's censorship but if you punish it afterwards everything is fine.
Again, they had no problem disallowing other protests.
The one called Welcome to hell which is announced as the biggest black bloc ever is allowed without any restrictions.

Anyway chopper has been circling above my home all night and riots are starting again (at 7am)

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Kthulhu

Its interesting from what I see , Most local news in the US in my area is maaking the protest about Trump. My favorite has to be CGTN(The Chinese Communist Party news rebrand from CCTV) .Which is both discussing what Xi is wanting out of the G20 while also somewhat praising the protest due to it's anticapitalist and Communist leanings.

Talk about contradiction.

Because German law is like "if you stop it before it happens it's censorship but if you punish it afterwards everything is fine!"

This is against the whole G20, not just the US leadership and a lot of the rioters are anarchists and communists who want capitalism as a whole gone.

They seem to be doing a bang up job /s

Xando

Crazy stuff today.

Lots of cars burning already (heard atleast 30) and i saw some black bloc guys start a burning barricade on the street when i went to work

PnCIa

I can hear sirens all the time, and i dont live near the action.

What really bothers me is that those violent assholes (black bloc) are fucking up demonstrations for everyone else. What really ought to happen is that everyone else needs to push them out of the demonstration, single them out so they can´t fuck it up.

Dehnus

Poland is a very conservative, traditionalist country so there's a fair share of people over here who actually root for Trump, and those who don't either don't care, are a minority or simply belong to a large group of people who are very much scared of Russia and desperate for assurances from the USA(regardless of who is currently running the country) about a constant presence of American troops in Poland - this is quite ironic considering Trump would be probably the first one to make a deal with Russia over everyone's heads.

I did hear that they bussed them in from all over the country, which just shows how far the PiS party will go.

All these people shout about eachother, Erdogan to Trump, Trump to Xi, Xi to Putin, etc,etc...All the populists behave the same while using the other populist to create an "enemy" out of whole groups and populations. It would be funny if it weren't so serious.

I"ve been trying to follow Poland for a while, and what I read is tragic. I just don't quite understand why Polish people are voting for these idiots. Okay, maybe the church tells them too, but come on.. PiS is getting dangerously close to the Soviets in oppression. The main guy, Jarosław Kaczyński, even has a "hitlist" of people that wronged him in some way. People he wishes to smear or take care of. The party white washes history, especially regarding the second world war, and has actively made measurements to make it impossible to fight him or his party on decisions made. From changes to the constitution to changing the Polish Supreme court.

Heck, right wingers around here keep telling me it's "Democracy, he was selected, when will you learn that not everybody likes to accept gay people and blablablabla", but what they forget to mention is: Pis became the majority with a minority in votes! 37.58 percent of the vote, 51 % of the seats in parliament!

So why do the Polish people not rise up against this fecker? I mean the hyper religious "I vote for everybody that the pastor tells me too" people are a lost cause, but there has to be more than them. He even tried, and has succeeded partly, to shut up public broadcasters or frame them as "Communist remainders!".

Mendrox

Streets are burning infront of my office. Nobody is allowed to come to work today. Really crazy and this is just the begining of that shit.

Dehnus

This isn't just about trumps politic behaviour.

Nope, it's the usual posturing and riots back and forth. Plus the media only giving attention to the idiots, making this an impossible venue to get your message across. Infact it might even be a negative image.

Fritz

I did hear that they bussed them in from all over the country, which just shows how far the PiS party will go.

All these people shout about eachother, Erdogan to Trump, Trump to Xi, Xi to Putin, etc,etc...All the populists behave the same while using the other populist to create an "enemy" out of whole groups and populations. It would be funny if it weren't so serious.

I"ve been trying to follow Poland for a while, and what I read is tragic. I just don't quite understand why Polish people are voting for these idiots. Okay, maybe the church tells them too, but come on.. PiS is getting dangerously close to the Soviets in oppression. The main guy, Jarosław Kaczyński, even has a "hitlist" of people that wronged him in some way. People he wishes to smear or take care of. The party white washes history, especially regarding the second world war, and has actively made measurements to make it impossible to fight him or his party on decisions made. From changes to the constitution to changing the Polish Supreme court.

Heck, right wingers around here keep telling me it's "Democracy, he was selected, when will you learn that not everybody likes to accept gay people and blablablabla", but what they forget to mention is: Pis became the majority with a minority in votes! 37.58 percent of the vote, 51 % of the seats in parliament!

So why do the Polish people not rise up against this fecker? I mean the hyper religious "I vote for everybody that the pastor tells me too" people are a lost cause, but there has to be more than them. He even tried, and has succeeded partly, to shut up public broadcasters or frame them as "Communist remainders!".

National delusion of grandeur that he is catering to.

Dehnus

This today?

He really hates women doesn't he.

Merkel seems to make a "silly clown face" almost as if amazed that "WoW, no hand battle this time, and I actually received a handshake. LULZ!".

What vibrant times we live in :p.

Milchjon

Fuck this protester scum. Seriously, what a bunch of cunts.

There's a very cunty subset of protesters, but even yesterday, the majority was peaceful.

TBH, the whole demo yesterday seems to have been set up to be as combustible as possible. Completely disproportionate reactions, which gave the cunty minority what they wanted...

GAMEPROFF

Banned
There's a very cunty subset of protesters, but even yesterday, the majority was peaceful.

TBH, the whole demo yesterday seems to have been set up to be as combustible as possible. Completely disproportionate reactions, which gave the cunty minority what they wanted...

Problem is, the media is focussing on the idiots who cause trouble.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I don't see much reporting on the police, so I'd have to disagree.

Black Bloc idiots invading our city, destroying other peoples' peaceful demonstrations through escalation via bottles and molotovs and destroying completely random cars, buildings and windows has nothing to do with demonstrating. I'm perfectly fine with them being watergunned out of Hamburg. We don't want your "help" if it looks like this.

This is doing way more harm towards the image of anti-capitalism then it helps, and completely removes any visibility of countless well-managed, cooperative demonstrations across the city (with, suprising no one, no police brutality at all)..

Peaceful protest, fuck that. You gonna go gently into that good night whilst you get bent over and cornholed? Or you gonna trash a Starbucks window like a real man?

You think society is gonna get better in the future if you don't take a stand now, or worse?

I mean no one wants to have fukin kids anymore, it's that bad lol.

Bl@de

It saddens me to see the city burn like this.

proteste-bei-g-20-gipfel-in-hamburg-demonstranten-wollen-logistik-des-kapitals-lahmlegen.jpg

"Shut down the logistics of capital. Build up communism!"

My familiy came to Germany after the fall of the soviet union. Is saddens me to see idiots like that in the street.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Siegcram

This is doing way more harm towards the image of anti-capitalism then it helps, and completely removes any visibility of countless well-managed, cooperative demonstrations across the city (with, suprising no one, no police brutality at all)..
Dude, they are manhandling and beating people at sit-ins and are destroying equipment at campsites for no reason.

Along with constant verbal abuse and threats.

There's plenty law enforcement here just waiting to bust heads.

Xe4

Banned
What's with economic forums getting anarchist dickheads all riled up? It's like every single one has clashes with police and shit.

Dumbasses.

Top Bottom