• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf addiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogloo

In this thread we try to conquer our gaf addiction.
I will try to stop posting and browsing gaf for a month.
Who's with me!!

just ask for a ban

image.php

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I do everything I want to do AND keep up with GAF. That's how I roll.

Unstable

What is this horrid outside you people speak of? You mean someplace not in front of the computer? Unfathomable! How would I check GAF?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
in the UK at the moment, there are a couple of charity campaigns going on

'stoptober' which encourages you to give up smoking, and
'octsober' which challenges you to give up alcohol for October, and get sponsored to raise money for a cancer charity.

I think a 'get off the internet day' would be a good idea. Get everybody to actually look up while walking along the streets, talk to each other with words.

TCRS

Banned
Sometimes all I do all day long is F5ing GAF. no games, no TV, nothing. But I'm still not as quick as ComputerMKII when it comes first posts in new threads. He has so many, how does he do that?

This is something I could never do. I've removed myself for months at a time in the past, but I always end up lurking anyway, so I just sign in again.

bjork

I'm able to go a good while without even going on the internet, but I'm on vacation this week, so it's either this or doing something constructive.

Daeva

Banned
GAF is addicting. I think you should ask for a ban maybe or do something not harmful that might get you one? I don't know that last one seems over the top.

Raw64life

I guess when I think about it I have checked GAF at least once just about every single day for the last 15 years. That's more than half of my life.

Honestly, mobile gaf is my crutch. I can go weeks without the main site.

Ergo, the easy way to cure my gaf addiction is to just use a dumb phone for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom