• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF explain your avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenks

I can't be the only one confused by almost everyone's avatar. Now its time to explain yourself, denizens of GAF.

My avatar comes from Disgaea3. The image was hijacked from a screen shot from IGN and cropped in MSPaint. The <Hero> above his name is from the game where Mao steals Almaz's title of hero in order to defeat his father, the Overlord. I found this scene very funny because Mao claims to have a ridiculously high IQ and know everything about heroes but thought he could become one just by having the title.

Now you!

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Belongs in off-topic.

edit: Mine is from the movie Schizopolis. I thought the scene was hilarious so I made a .gif of it.

Tieno

Mine is VJ Tony. He's a closet confused homosexual who overcompensates the other way but when it comes to it he's scared shitless.

2j5e88x.jpg

He's a character on a cancelled (too awesome for the general populace) flemish comedy skit show called willy's and marjetten, about a VERY local radio station.

My avatar used to be a drawing of my school's unofficial mascot, Dooley the skeleton...but my avatar got a Helghan face lift when the KZ2 E3 reveal thread came along in '07.

painey

I used to change my avatar alot, one time I picked a crummy avatar and to change it I used a crop of a photoshop tutorial hand drawn picture of Manny from Grim Fandango. I dont like the full image but I like my crop, and it kinda looks like my avatar is saying my posts, and its very easy to find my posts when skimming down a page so I kept it.

Goldrusher

Tieno said:
Mine is VJ Tony. He's a closet confused homosexual who overcompensates the other way but when it comes to it he's scared shitless.

2j5e88x.jpg

He's a character on a cancelled (too awesome for the general populace) flemish comedy skit show called willy's and marjetten, about a VERY local radio station.
Damn those the folks from Zaffelare. :lol

Anyway...

15p51k2.jpg

For the holidays...

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
My tag is from when I criticized a thread involving making lewd comments about a poster's female friends for no reason other than that they were playing a Wii. These ranged from 'Which ones would you do?' posts to Photoshop idiocy.

My avatar is from when I criticized a thread involving a comic about Jade Raymond whoring herself out that ended in a money shot. I got labeled a "JADE RAYMOND DEFENDER" etc, despite never playing Assassin's Creed or caring about the woman in any way other than "Hey, maybe we shouldn't treat the few women we've managed to get into our industry like this."

Kritz

Banned
At some point I made some shitty flash animations.

Now I just make shitty flash avatars. WITH WHACKY CHRISTMAS THEMES OH NO

Final boss from Secret of Mana, one of my favorite games of all time. I figured I should make it an old school game so as not to be bias towards games I had just finished. If I did that I'd probably change my avatar much more frequently, and I'd rather have it the same for a while.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
If i need to explain my Avatar to you, you're not worth it.

Edit: I won't be the party pooper... it's the old SegaCD ad campaign thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom