• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT| of Listening to Classics (Not f&$@ing U-God)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

GAF-Hop shirt?

9qnqAl.jpg

Use it on a polo shirt as the symbol? Still a work in progress though. I want to add GAF-Hop in there somewhere but I don't know where to add it on the headphones. Perhaps under the logo.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Recon came right...

But these Lil b gifs take away from his good showing... :(

filler

Banned
I thought they were going to do two rounds, figured kam would have a chance to redeem himself. Partly why I was doing the Phil Jackson.

Props to recon. I don't give props to anyone when it comes to flowing. Nice flow and switch mechanics. This is going to be good. Props once again to the yoda. But your taste still sucks. Based.

IrishNinja

yo i feel bad about my man kams getting piled on, but i'm all about these wu-mondays. (odd)one love.

if someone wants to talk Iron Man or Beneath, i can go track-for-track on Return.

overcast

Somebody with a modicum of artistic talent should also try a Gaf-Hop shirt with something wiz related. OR like a soft list. Idk.

TheOddOne

"Daytona 500": Dat sample, everybody just brings the heat.
''Black Jesus'': U-God ruins this song, really just terribule.
"After The Smoke Is Clear": Great song, Ghost carries it like a boss.
"All That I Got Is You": Such an amazing track, Ghost looking back at the hard times.
"The Soul Controller": Such a weird track, just did not feel it.
"Ironman": Wow, that was wow.

Great album, everything was pretty much on point even the tracks I felt where weird still had some redeeming qualities. On to GZA.

TheOddOne

Master Z said:
...Remember when I long dicked you and broke your ovary!?
You crab bitch, chicken-head hoe, eatin heros
I'm the first nigga that had you watchin flicks by DeNiro!...
There are not alot of songs where I go "I gotta repeat that crazyness", but this is one of them.

Recon

Banned
I guess ill throw my wu opinions out there: Ghost>Rae>Everyone Else for solo albums. Meth>Everyone on group albums. Meth's voice is just great on a track, but Ghosts and Raes solo work dominates everyone else.

TheOddOne

ReconYoda said:
I guess ill throw my wu opinions out there: Ghost>Rae>Everyone Else for solo albums. Meth>Everyone on group albums. Meth's voice is just great on a track, but Ghosts and Raes solo work dominates everyone else.
For me it Rae>Ghost>Everyone else for solo albums, but yeah Meth outdoes everybody on group albums. I wish he brought that energy to his solo albums.

overcast

I personally love Gza on the albums. Obviously, ghost and meth are up there on albums as well. Liquid Swords is also my favorite of the solo albums (not a rare opinion).

LOZLINK

ReconYoda said:
Dunno if I agree with Ghost> Rae, but its solo wise, it is between those two. However, if we're speaking best wu solos, you can't forget liquid swords

TheOddOne

overcast said:
I personally love Gza on the albums. Obviously, ghost and meth are up there on albums as well. Liquid Swords is also my favorite of the solo albums (not a rare opinion).
Funny thing is that I wanted to include Liquid Swords for this week, but thought Beneath The Surface just needs a spin because it kind of gets overshadowed by Swords.

overcast

TheOddOne said:
Funny thing is that I wanted to include Liquid Swords for this week, but thought Beneath The Surface just needs a spin because it kind of gets overshadowed by Swords.
I can definitely respect that. I feel bad because I just started spinning Liquid Swords. I promise I'll listen to Beneath the Surface in the day tomorrow.

TheOddOne

GZA's Beneath The Surface

"Amplified sample": Great album opener, really shows that GZA aint nothing to f*ck with.
"Beneath The Surface": Great storytelling track, beat is so fine.
"Crash Your Crew": MILITARY CAMPAIGN!
"Breaker, Breaker": Bragging at its best.
"High Price, Small Reward": More classic sounding Wu track, Masta Killa brings heat.
"Hip Hop Fury": Bleh RZA was boring on it, the rest where on point.
"1112": Bleh.
"Victim": The girl killed it
"Feel like an Enemy": They all murked it :O
"Stringplay": Method Man again kills other people stuff.
"Mic Trippin": Suprisingly awesome storytelling track.

Master Z

Man I was dissapointed in Beneath The Surface. It was a solid album but pales in comparison to the godly Liquid Swords. My expectations were so high and IMO it felt like most of the beats should've been given to Killa Army or some other subordinate Wu members

TheOddOne

Master Z said:
Man I was dissapointed in Beneath The Surface. It was a solid album but pales in comparison to the godly Liquid Swords. My expectations were so high and IMO it felt like most of the beats should've been given to Killa Army or some other subordinate Wu members
I agree, while there are some great beats but they miss that distinct Wu sound.

Master Z

TheOddOne said:
I agree, while there are some great beats they miss that distinct Wu sound.
The beats and overall sound of Liquid was just so cohesive...so Wu. Then Rza had to go into his bobby digi mode and fuck shit up. :(

TheOddOne

I could seriosly go track-by-track on 36 Chambers, but I would give the same comment on all songs: this is some crazy ass sh*t, thats so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom