• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT| of Listening to Classics (Not f&$@ing U-God)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
siddx said:
Those people are fools and heathens. Big Boi has been the balls of outkast since the beginning, it's just become more evident as time went on.
HEEEEEEEEEEEY YAAAAA... Fucking Andre.

Yessir! Just like Phife and Quest..

And we just posted the same post lol

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Zoramon089 said:
I liked Hey Ya!

Everyone liked Hey Ya (before they heard it 10 billion times) it's a great pop song. But it is also softer than Wiz double dutch ruddering with Drake.

siddx

Blackace said:
Yessir! Just like Phife and Quest..

And we just posted the same post lol

lol I saw that. Awesome

HiResDes said:
Real talk Andre's The Love Below is dope as hell.

If by dope you mean painfully bad and one of the most disappointing albums I've ever heard.... Andre gets double fuck you points for sowing the idea in all these other rappers heads to make shitty imitation Prince songs.

Recon

Banned
Can anyone recommend the Sennheiser HD555's? I have about $100 in amazon credit and i need a decent pair of cans.

ReconYoda said:
Can anyone recommend the Sennheiser HD555's? I have about $100 in amazon credit and i need a decent pair of cans.
I have them on my head right now, while listing to ATLiens. Buy them, now.

I've used 10$ headphones all my life, this was a revelation, sound that didn't exist before suddenly came to life, never going back to cheap ass headphones, ever.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Every rapper gets that one album where everybody is like, "Okay, you went a little crazy and shit. Not feeling the day-glo indian look/fro-mullet+shutter shade shit, but we'll give you a pass. Now get back to your shit, thanks."

What they do next sort of defines whether or not fans start talking about you falling the fuck off. Do you make a soundtrack to a musical? Do you make poofy liitle tracks with Fergie, Elton John, the entire cast of Glee and three homeless trumpet players? Or do you get back to your shit?

kamspy

ReconYoda said:

Sony XB500s. Prefer the sound for hip hop over my Senny's. YMMV. They have enough bass to rattle your jaw bone. I'll tell you that. Really good for gaming too. Bad Company 2 with these things on? zomg.

HiResDes

DominoKid said:
yeah its very misunderstood.

Roses is a favorite of mine.
Prototype, Spread, and She Lives in My Lap are amazing...Seriously some of the best songs to listen to under the influence

Tokubetsu

kamspy said:
Sony XB500s. Prefer the sound for hip hop over my Senny's. YMMV. They have enough bass to rattle your jaw bone. I'll tell you that. Really good for gaming too. Bad Company 2 with these things on? zomg.

That's the big thing with most senny headphones. Great midrange, like absolutely fucking fantastic midrange but everything else is kinda eh and no bass. If you are 100% primarily a rap guy, I'd get something else. If you listen to a lot of other shit, namely rock, metal etc I'd go with the 555s or 598s. (I own 595s)

HiResDes said:
Prototype, Spread, and She Lives in My Lap are amazing...Seriously some of the best songs to listen to under the influence

Yeah, I won't claim to love all of it but there are some great tracks on there. She Lives in My Lap, is fucking GREAT. The Love Below was 808s before 808s with a guy who is arguably more talented but just not as focused. (this coming from a dude who is not ashamed to admit that 808s is his favorite Kanye album)

I can't believe I forgot about :03 From Gold. I really hope we get another release from The ILLZ this year. Guy has a great sound.

Shame on Gaf-Hop for not having that in the Notable Releases, even if it is only 5 tracks.

iavi

ReconYoda said:

Go with the AudioTechnica m-50s, without a doubt. They're the perfect all around cans, and they can be found far not much more than a Cnote.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The way it's going for Andre, he's going to be featured on a Wiz song soon enough. Have you seen the fucking features this man has been on recently? If I see a Murda Mook ft. Andre 3000 song pop up on my RSS feed I will not be surprised at all. Won't move an inch.

HiResDes

Miri said:
Go with the AudioTechnica m-50s, without a doubt. They're the perfect all around cans, and they can be found far not much more than a Cnote.
Naw they are in high demand, and right now are floating around the $150 mark everywhere.

Blackace

WanderingWind said:
Every rapper gets that one album where everybody is like, "Okay, you went a little crazy and shit. Not feeling the day-glo indian look/fro-mullet+shutter shade shit, but we'll give you a pass. Now get back to your shit, thanks."

What they do next sort of defines whether or not fans start talking about you falling the fuck off. Do you make a soundtrack to a musical? Do you make poofy liitle tracks with Fergie, Elton John, the entire cast of Glee and three homeless trumpet players? Or do you get back to your shit?

lol so true..

Glad Big Boi was like fuck this shit time to carry on

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
WanderingWind said:

I agree entirely, but the "give you a pass" album was 808s, and MBDTF was "getting back to your shit." And hey, turns out 808s was an ill album outright.

Blackace

enzo_gt said:
I agree entirely, but the "give you a pass" album was 808s, and MBDTF was "getting back to your shit." And hey, turns out 808s was an ill album outright.

Kayne is a bad example.. :(

kamspy

After extensive analysis of the Amber Rose pictures, I've came to the conclusion that Wiz Khalifa is the greatest urban song writer of all time and Rolling Paper's only peers are Beethoven and Bach's finest symphonies.

His music reigns from the Serengeti to the harbors of Anchorage. He's truly a timeless icon. No Wiz, We All Roll Up.

Recon

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
That's the big thing with most senny headphones. Great midrange, like absolutely fucking fantastic midrange but everything else is kinda eh and no bass. If you are 100% primarily a rap guy, I'd get something else. If you listen to a lot of other shit, namely rock, metal etc I'd go with the 555s or 598s. (I own 595s)

Yeah, I won't claim to love all of it but there are some great tracks on there. She Lives in My Lap, is fucking GREAT. The Love Below was 808s before 808s with a guy who is arguably more talented but just not as focused. (this coming from a dude who is not ashamed to admit that 808s is his favorite Kanye album)

I listen to a ton of hip hop, but i do vibe out to other shit too. Ill be honest, the type of hip hop i listen to doesnt really have a ton of big bass..Hmm, ill have to check out some of the recommended cans.

kamspy

ReconYoda said:
I listen to a ton of hip hop, but i do vibe out to other shit too. Ill be honest, the type of hip hop i listen to doesnt really have a ton of big bass..Hmm, ill have to check out some of the recommended cans.

You can demo the Sony's at most Best Buy locations. They are easily the most comfortable full sized headphone I've ever worn.

I've got a lot of dough wrapped up in AV gear, I think the XB500s are the way to go in that price range. I've tried 4 pair. The only ones that came close were SuperLux HD681s. But they clamp your head like a vice grip. The XBs are so light you can forget you're wearing them.

And Dat Bass. Good lord Dat Bass.

Recon

Banned
HiResDes said:
You may not like my music tastes, but I know headphones fairly well if you wanna check out the headphone OP...No bullshit

Yea i was gonna check that thread out, just havnt made my way there yet lol.

kamspy said:
You can demo the Sony's at most Best Buy locations. They are easily the most comfortable full sized headphone I've ever worn.

I've got a lot of dough wrapped up in AV gear, I think the XB500s are the way to go in that price range. I've tried 4 pair. The only ones that came close were SuperLux HD681s. But they clamp your head like a vice grip. The XBs are so light you can forget you're wearing them.

And Dat Bass. Good lord Dat Bass.

Alright, im gonna do that. Thanks for the advice.

siddx

Bought some Klipsch computer speakers the other day and finally had a chance to test em out (family is visiting so I dont want to be a dick and blast them) and holy shit, it's been a long time since I heard music this way. They might just be 150 computer speakers but they are incredibly good. Will help hugely with making beats.

Recon

Banned
siddx said:
Bought some Klipsch computer speakers the other day and finally had a chance to test em out (family is visiting so I dont want to be a dick and blast them) and holy shit, it's been a long time since I heard music this way. They might just be 150 computer speakers but they are incredibly good. Will help hugely with making beats.

Yea, i have a 5.1 logitech speaker set lying around, i need to bust them out. Sucks tho, cuz i make my music on my laptop, and obviously my macbook pro isnt going to accept the 5.1 inputs lol.

kamspy said:
After extensive analysis of the Amber Rose pictures, I've came to the conclusion that Wiz Khalifa is the greatest urban song writer of all time and Rolling Paper's only peers are Beethoven and Bach's finest symphonies.

His music reigns for the Serengeti to the harbors of Anchorage. He's truly a timeless icon. No Wiz, We All Roll Up.

Kanye = Kubrick

Khalifa = Bach

This thread is amazing.

Esch

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
Kanye = Kubrick

Khalifa = Bach
whoyoufinnatryp1.gif

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
ReconYoda said:

As much shit as Beats get here, I got some at a HUGE discount (from the Monster Outlet Store, not stolen!!) and they were good enough for me. I am not an audiophile at all, but the noise-cancelling was golden on flights. I got the Studios and the bass wasn't overpowering. I was actually hearing things that I hadn't heard before. Now the Solos seemed to be BASS above everything else.

Not saying they are better than anything else out there, just relaying my experience.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
kamspy said:

His music reigns for the Serengeti to the harbors of Anchorage. He's truly a timeless icon. No Wiz, We All Roll Up.
If we're talking females as the metric, is Jay not GOAT? And doesn't Teddy Bear Khalifa get sonned by Ye anyways?

Recon

Banned
dskillzhtown said:
As much shit as Beats get here, I got some at a HUGE discount (from the Monster Outlet Store, not stolen!!) and they were good enough for me. I am not an audiophile at all, but the noise-cancelling was golden on flights. I got the Studios and the bass wasn't overpowering. I was actually hearing things that I hadn't heard before. Now the Solos seemed to be BASS above everything else.

Not saying they are better than anything else out there, just relaying my experience.

Beats are just way too fucking expensive to be honest. I have no clue on their performance, but are way outta my price range.

HiResDes

Beats are decent, yet outrageously overpriced...Like if Civics were 50K they'd be the Beats. Sure they're good, but the competition at that price is incredible.

Tokubetsu

Most audiophiles will concede that yea beats aren't bad at all it's just they can go fuck themselves at that price point. For the price of beats, you can get a headphone that compares well and probably have enough leftover for a portable amplifier.

EDIT: Beaten.

dskillzhtown

HiResDes said:
Beats are decent, yet outrageously overpriced...Like if Civics were 50K they'd be the Beats. Sure they're good, but the competition at that price is incredible.

Agreed, like I said I got them right before Christmas from the outlet store when they had Studios going for 99 bucks. The Solos were 75, IIRC. So I got my bro some Solos and I got the Studios, lol. At 99 bucks I decided to see what the hype was all about. But if I had to pay full retail, not a chance in hell of me buying them.

I can't see how anyone can justify paying retail for them.

Tokubetsu

dskillzhtown said:
Agreed, like I said I got them right before Christmas from the outlet store when they had Studios going for 99 bucks. The Solos were 75, IIRC. So I got my bro some Solos and I got the Studios, lol. At 99 bucks I decided to see what the hype was all about. But if I had to pay full retail, not a chance in hell of me buying them.

Yeah at 99, I would probably bite on a pair of beats for travel. I've actually been eyeing some shit in that range/have been settling on some Grados.

Recon

Banned
dskillzhtown said:

I can't see how anyone can justify paying retail for them.

I would buy Studios in a heartbeat at that price, i like the look and im sure they perform great for $100. Good buy.

kamspy

enzo_gt said:
If we're talking females as the metric, is Jay not GOAT? And doesn't Teddy Bear Khalifa get sonned by Ye anyways?

Well, I haven't seen Beyonce's taint. Amber's is completely free of blemishes, while being thick at the same time. This is a very rare combination. Hypothetically, if her taint was as perfect as Amber's than yeah, I'll take B.

ReconYoda said:
I would buy Studios in a heartbeat at that price, i like the look and im sure they perform great for $100. Good buy.

I was shopping for Beats when I bought the Sony's. The Sony's hit harder. Period. They're really on a whole nother level as far as bass in headphones is concerned. I had no clue it could be so powerful. It will literally vibrate your jaw when it hits. Sony isn't a brand I equate with quality either, so for me to endorse a Sony product, well, it's gotta be good. Whoever invented this new XB driver just had a stroke of genius to get this amount of air moving, with that amount of quality, as that marketable of a price. Really great engineering. Even the much more expensive headphones I've tried don't approach the bass of the XBs.

dskillzhtown

Tokubetsu said:
Yeah at 99, I would probably bite on a pair of beats for travel. I've actually been eyeing some shit in that range/have been settling on some Grados.

If I see them at that price again, I will be sure to post.

Tokubetsu

Never been a Beyonce fan. Even back in her Destiny's Child days I was a Kelly fan. Beyonce also came across to me like she'd be a huge bitch to deal with. Ready to bite your head off at the drop of a hat.

Tokubetsu

Beyonce and Amber are at a bar, for arguements sake their not big or famous or any of that shit but they look just as good as they do right now. I'd approach Amber way before B. Beyonce just screams bourgeoisie bitch bullshit and that's not my speed. Amber at least looks like she's chill and might still fuck with you no matter what her financials is looking like.

EDIT: That beyonce pic does nothing for me.

HiResDes

Tokubetsu said:
Beyonce and Amber are at a bar, for arguements sake their not big or famous or any of that shit but they look just as good as they do right now. I'd approach Amber way before B. Beyonce just screams bourgeoisie bitch bullshit and that's not my speed. Amber at least looks like she's chill and might still fuck with you no matter what her financials is looking like.

EDIT: That beyonce pic does nothing for me.
Ditto...But I gawk at hotter girls nearly daily living by UC's campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom