• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courage

El-P is at his best when he's on his weirdo kick or whatever y'all want to call it. I'll take I'll Sleep When I'm Dead, Fantastic Damage, and Cancer 4 Cure over the majority of Mikes mostly uninspired solo work.

Is RAP Music part of his 'mostly uninspired solo work'? I actually think RAP Music is the best album out of all. It boils down to Mike being a better rapper (he's a better songwriter, much better narrative skills/storytelling than El-P) and I also think he sounds better on El-P's beats. RAP Music is also more well-rounded in terms of the subjects it covers.

injurai

Banned
Is RAP Music part of his 'mostly uninspired solo work'? I actually think RAP Music is the best album out of all. It boils down to Mike being a better rapper (he's a better songwriter, much better narrative skills/storytelling than El-P) and I think he sounds better on his beats. RAP Music is also more well-rounded in terms of the subjects it covers.

But that isn't really solo work, it's the collaborration that showed them they could become more by working together.

Courage

But that isn't really solo work, it's the collaborration that showed them they could become more by working together.

He does almost all of the rapping and it's released under his name, so I consider it his album. El-P's beats do play a vital role in why it's so good though.

Dug

Banned
https://soundcloud.com/infraredsix/drake-right-hand

Really dislike that Cha Cha Remix cellphone track; but still, shoutouts to him to release another batch of freetracks despite not having to do it

I just realized that July is almost over and there is still no sign of Frank Ocean at all; guess rumors were wrong
Rumor on KTT is that Frank is dropping on the 27th on Tidal and iTunes with Spotify coming the day after. Hope it's true.

Rumor on KTT is that Frank is dropping on the 27th on Tidal and iTunes with Spotify coming the day after. Hope it's true.

Would be interesting if true. You know albums having exclusive tracks per streaming service is right around the corner

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Would be interesting if true. You know albums having exclusive tracks per streaming service is right around the corner

Which would be funny because who the fuck would actually sub to multiple services just to keep up with all the exclusives. I guess we can brag on the internet about our fave services getting the best exclusives like a bunch of gamers.

Glass Rebel

cha cha remix is so god damn good

rap music is such a god damn lame album

OlA6jJl.png

Glass Rebel

smh just got around to listening to funk flex' response to drake and this dude is dropping bombs on bombs on bombs like a fucking maniac makes me think he hasn't got shit
EBpM78Q.png

and how he threw a-rod in the bushes smh lmao
FNa7Nfw.png

Mista

Banned
No wonder I listened to Lord pretty's beat before. Ace Hood used the beat in his Nice Guy track. Btw, anyone here is a Ace Hood fan? Big one here.

Vorheez

Guys hurry up and post some more i have an essay I wrote about future and I wanna post it on the new page. No way am I wasting all that energy posting at the bottom of this page, because it needs to be read by the masses.

So, how about that drake guy huh? Woooow

ARK322

Neo Member
I like El-P generally speaking, but some of his production (particularly on C4C) is kind of grating to me. It sounds like he's trying too hard to make something that'd be played at a cyberpunk nightclub in Neo Los Angeles 80 years from now, when in reality the human race will have enough Thugger leaks to sustain us for the next three centuries.

Tokubetsu

El-P is at his best when he's on his weirdo kick or whatever y'all want to call it. I'll take I'll Sleep When I'm Dead, Fantastic Damage, and Cancer 4 Cure over the majority of Mikes mostly uninspired solo work.

Pledge Allegiance to The Grind II > EL-P's entire discography

did somebody say future essay? Does it discuss how they tried to make a pop star and got a monster?

Or how turn on the lights and where you at's underwater flow make him a prime candidate for Sebastian the crab in the little mermaid reboot

Vorheez

Yes Disco, those topics will be covered amongst many others. I think this will change the world.

Hold onto your seats

IrishNinja

shit, why did RTJ radio get taken down from YT? anyone else know where to find it, i slept on eps 2 & 3 and was hoping to find rips

Or how turn on the lights and where you at's underwater flow make him a prime candidate for Sebastian the crab in the little mermaid reboot

i'm okay with this

Vorheez

Ok I feel I have to actually scale back the hype now because I'm feeling the pressure.

It's a pretty decent post I think, but it's all from my ass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom