• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wait, Kavinsky has something new in September?

OutRun was half a year ago, though I did catch on late with that.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Wait, Kavinsky has something new in September?

OutRun was half a year ago, though I did catch on late with that.
If he really has something coming it'll probably sound as bad as outrun. What a shite record.

IrishNinja

sometimes i feeeeeeel

septembers a little light in the ass for me but i got some catchin up to do anyway

Will Aubrey pull through and drop a dope project? Or will your birthday be tainted by a mediocre album? We'll find out in a couple weeks.

hasn't had a miss yet so far, so im expecting good things

will drake be kicked off the island?

next time ... on gaf hop.

drizzy stay booted off but everyone writin him postcards onna low

Tokubetsu

no lie, every song I've heard from the album has been good. Surprising 90s r&b vibe, and she can actually sing.

too bad she looks like a 12 year old.

About the same age Aaliyah was getting it in with Kellz. Never forget:
5J2K6bH.jpg

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Ah yes, just like Aaliyah and Kelly, decades from now they'll be talking about Schneider and Arianna...

Tokubetsu

The game needed a Mariah Carey comeback :shrug:

Cant complain if its a reincarnation tho

Feel bad saying it because I love Mariah but she's kinda like a big one (unique voice wise) like Whitney you know? As in she'll have to die first for a new challenger to appear. You can't have more than one people with that kinda voice at a time. It would throw the universe out of balance.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Dudes. Skyler Grey is Holly Brook. Holly Brook sang the hook in Where Did you Go by Fort Minor.

Jesus tap dancing christ.

IrishNinja

Feel bad saying it because I love Mariah but she's kinda like a big one (unique voice wise) like Whitney you know? As in she'll have to die first for a new challenger to appear. You can't have more than one people with that kinda voice at a time. It would throw the universe out of balance.

hard to argue with this, i love Mariah but she's several levels above anyone out there that ive seen these days

WanderingWind

lol entertainment industry

It's a little sad and a little bewildering. I mean, she had a hit single, can sing well enough, is obviously attractive and then had a co-sign from Eminem. How did she not sell a ton of records?

I mean, her marketing team has got to be like "WTF IS GOING ON"

Tokubetsu

It's a little sad and a little bewildering. I mean, she had a hit single, can sing well enough, is obviously attractive and then had a co-sign from Eminem. How did she not sell a ton of records?

Just how it goes man. Change your name/sound/look and try again until you're too old or you don't have the will to do it anymore. She got a couple milli plays on vevo didn't she? Plus the em co-sign. I think they just waited too long to strike after all the features and her market is sort of poorly defined. She's got this bad girl rock chick look right now thats supposed to get who? The girls and dudes who...already only listen to rock bands but want to crossover to pop/rap?

WanderingWind

Just how it goes man. Change your name/sound/look and try again until you're too old or you don't have the will to do it anymore. She got a couple milli plays on vevo didn't she? Plus the em co-sign. I think they just waited too long to strike after all the features and her market is sort of poorly defined. She's got this bad girl rock chick look right now thats supposed to get who? The girls and dudes who...already only listen to rock bands but want to crossover to pop/rap?

Good point on the last one there. You're probably right.

Still. Blew my mind that Skyler Grey was the most excellent singer on Fort Minor's track.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

I mean, did you hear and see that single? It explains it all really. Bordering self-parody status.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
That single was the worst on the album, which is a shame, because the album wasn't bad in the slightest. She can sing.

edit: Ariana channels Mariah on some Mortal Kombat Shang Tsung shit. Her voice isn't as powerful as young Mariah, but fuckkkkkk. She's really talented.

WanderingWind

That single was the worst on the album, which is a shame, because the album wasn't bad in the slightest. She can sing.

edit: Ariana channels Mariah on some Mortal Kombat Shang Tsung shit. Her voice isn't as powerful as young Mariah, but fuckkkkkk. She's really talented.

I think Yela and Skyler need to stop taking advice from Eminem on how to make and sell their records.

IrishNinja

your personal favorite Top 10 MC's dead or alive, go

Biggie
Mef
Q-tip
Nas
Funk doctor spock
Pac
Starkey Love aka the wizard of poetry
3 stacks
Rakim
Cube

runner ups
GZA
Guru
CL smooth
Com
DOOM
Mos (not consistent enough for me)
ye
erick sermon
luda
jigga (stopping at black album)
another 2 consitent albums & years of guest spot for k-dot and he'll go here

man i wanna put jada and others here but they're too inconsistent

tumblr_mfp9vjlfPF1rsqde8o1_500.gif

a lotta safe picks but those are dudes who come on my random roation and im consistently happy to hear em, even on their lesser works/features

Tokubetsu

your personal favorite Top 10 MC's dead or alive, go

Biggie
Mef
Q-tip
Nas
Funk doctor spock
Pac
Starkey Love aka the wizard of poetry
3 stacks
Rakim
GZA

runner ups
Guru
CL smooth
Com
DOOM
Mos (not consistent enough for me)
ye
erick sermon
luda
jigga (stopping at black album)
another 2 consitent albums & years of guest spot for k-dot and he'll go here

man i wanna put jada and others here but they're too inconsistent

tumblr_mfp9vjlfPF1rsqde8o1_500.gif

a lotta safe picks but those are dudes who come on my random roation and im consistently happy to hear em, even on their lesser works/features

Drake
Hopsin
Kendrick Lamar
Chance The Rapper
Joey Bada$$
Lil B
Riff Raff
A$AP Rocky
A$AP Ferg
Lil Wayne

iavi

How is The Weeknd gonna release every garbage track as a single, then have the rest of the album be some of his best stuff to date? Really, what the fuck was that shit?

Anyway, Kiss Land is hot. Professional is that opener.

Tokubetsu

I can't listen to the Weeknd until my fall facial hair and scumbag look is back. I just stopped shaving.
I feel a disturbance in the force...I can't imagine Toku liking Kiss Land...this is just...eh. Sounds like a pop record.
Well I'm the weirdo that liked the singles he released so...you're probably right. I'm still buying though.

iavi

Kiss Land is definitely his most 'pop' attempt yet, but with the usual Tesafaye flourishes. Like Wanderlust, It's this funk track, but the usual distortion and creep that accompanies his tracks

I like

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Random, but I was listening to old rap videos for whatever reason ... Salt might be the hottest woman ever in hip hop in that Whattaman video. 5 year old me wasn't ready for that. 24 year old me still isn't ready for that.

CRS

It's too warm to listen to a Weeknd album. The weather needs to be a lot colder and desolate.

Abel branching out into different genres is the best thing he can do, best example being Heaven or Las Vegas. Would love there to be a dub remix to his work.

IrishNinja

damn, good call Last Emperor - knew i was forgetting someone from the west, totally was cube...workin him in now

rest of ya'll need to answer and stop lettin no-fun ass tokus bully you

HiiiLife

10 favorites. Hmmmm. I'm not gonna specifically list one member so Bone Thugs, Outkast, Em, Nas, Tribe, Cube, Redman, Big L, De La Soul, Dr. Dre.

Random, but I was listening to old rap videos for whatever reason ... Salt might be the hottest woman ever in hip hop in that Whattaman video. 5 year old me wasn't ready for that. 24 year old me still isn't ready for that.

Peppa tho...she looks like the type of chick that laughs with her tongue out as you bust your nut, while watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom