• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courage

I9lR1IV.png

We might get RAP Music 2 sooner than we thought fam
iA1S7dn62Q3Kk.png

Kendrick will sell more than Kanye first week.
If not ya'll can avy me for a good month or however long it is until the next big release.

On a completely unrelated note, did anyone ever listen to that Festivus mixtape by Wale? Any good or is it more put-you-to-sleep music?

but I thought K. Dots stans were at all about him being on top of the game and not drake?

what you got right there pretty shallow because yeezy's records is music he wants to hear not his fanbase..

big ander

much as I want to hope for RAP 2 or 2 Cancer 4 2 Cure i think el's gonna crossover with some indie rock types. think he's friendly with a lot of captured tracks people now and they've alluded to stuff?

Cole on combatjack is dope. Fuck Pete constantly trying to sneak in 'pauses' it's annoying he needs to stop.

It's just Combat and Pete now right? I used to listen to the show religiously but fell off as the crew got smaller. Dallas Penn was almost always entertaining, Just Blaze was cool, etc. Good to see him getting some big interviews now.

The last one I heard was the Pete Rock won, which was great.

Detox

It's just Combat and Pete now right? I used to listen to the show religiously but fell off as the crew got smaller. Dallas Penn was almost always entertaining, Just Blaze was cool, etc. Good to see him getting some big interviews now.

The last one I heard was the Pete Rock won, which was great.

Yeah and Pete really doesn't bring anything to the table. For those interested though they aren't strictly hiphop related but I loved the Corey 'Life' Pegues and Raymond Santana (one of the central park five) these two had very interesting lives and I would highly recommend a listen.

Hiphop related shit that was dope on combatjack recently I would recommend in order:

JOAQUIN “WAAH” DEAN RUFF RYDERS EPISODE
Kevin Liles
J-Cole

Yeah and Pete really doesn't bring anything to the table. For those interested though they aren't strictly hiphop related but I loved the Corey 'Life' Pegues and Raymond Santana (one of the central park five) these two had very interesting lives and I would highly recommend a listen.

Hiphop related shit that was dope on combatjack recently I would recommend in order:

JOAQUIN “WAAH” DEAN RUFF RYDERS EPISODE
Kevin Liles
J-Cole

Yea, Pete was essentially irrelevant during the Pete Rock interview. It sucks imo. He's funny and has interesting takes when he's focused. More importantly I've never been a big fan of Combat himself. His interview style is very unfocused, which leads to constant guest interruptions. Basically his style:

Combat: So who were some of your earliest musical inspirations, man
Guest: Well when I was a kid I used to -
Combat: Where did you grow up as a kid?
Guest: Yonkers. So I was -
Combat: So you remember the Son Of Sam right? Where we you during that man

I liked it more when everyone was there willing and ready to clown him. I used to laugh so much when they'd clown his nonstop "I used to be an attorney" talks. IMO the show just needed more focus - fewer tangents and outbursts. Reducing the cast was one way to do that, but I would have preferred if they stayed and just interacted in a more focused manner (Combat and Dallas asking questions mainly, with everyone else throwing in a couple here or there/joining in on discussion).

mooooose

How do you feel about Key?
key is great
father was the best rapper last year it's pretty easy to see
"yeeeeeeeeeaaauuuuhhhh uuuuuhhhhh uhhhhhhhh yeeeaaaa uuuuuuuhhhhh uhhh hmmmmm yyyyyuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh uhhhhhhhmmm" - 90% of father songs

his aesthetic is boring. his (personal) prod lacks consistency and a lot of songs sound like bad demos of wrist. his raps are ok. his personality is grating. the irony of his record label being "awful records" isn't lost on me

xezuru

Hey guys, never really been to Gaf Hop so sorry if this is overasked.
Any highly recommend "chill" Hip Hop albums circulating around here?
Been lookin for some chill or mellow albums to listen to on my commute and personally not a fan of some of the more power frontin songs, no offense.

Here's some of the things I've been listening to lately:
People Under the Stairs - San Francisco Knights
MF Doom (Viktor Vaughn) - Saliva
Nujabes - Feather
Cannibal Ox - Pigeon (Don't actually have much knowledge of CO)
Witness - Watercolors

Sorry for postin such casual ass shit
lol

Dereck

Hey guys, never really been to Gaf Hop so sorry if this is overasked.
Any highly recommend "chill" Hip Hop albums circulating around here?
Been lookin for some chill or mellow albums to listen to on my commute and personally not a fan of some of the more power frontin songs, no offense.

Here's some of the things I've been listening to lately:
People Under the Stairs - San Francisco Knights
MF Doom (Viktor Vaughn) - Saliva
Nujabes - Feather
Cannibal Ox - Pigeon (Don't actually have much knowledge of CO)
Witness - Watercolors

Sorry for postin such casual ass shit
lol
Fat Jon - Wave Motion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom