• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Hey guys, never really been to Gaf Hop so sorry if this is overasked.
Any highly recommend "chill" Hip Hop albums circulating around here?
Been lookin for some chill or mellow albums to listen to on my commute and personally not a fan of some of the more power frontin songs, no offense.

Here's some of the things I've been listening to lately:
People Under the Stairs - San Francisco Knights
MF Doom (Viktor Vaughn) - Saliva
Nujabes - Feather
Cannibal Ox - Pigeon (Don't actually have much knowledge of CO)
Witness - Watercolors

Sorry for postin such casual ass shit
lol
Grab the new Warm Brew, anything by The Pharcyde, Diggable Planets, Souls of Mischief, The Nonce, Blackaliscious, Black Sheep, People Under the Stairs, and I hope to god you already have the Tribe albums. Overdoz Live from Pasadena, In Search of Stoney Jackson, A Sucker For Pumps, and the early Pac Div tapes are great newer things to check as well.

Detox

Fashawn-The-Ecology-Album-Art-652x583.jpg

Tracklisting

1. Guess Who’s Back (prod. by Beewirks)
2. Confess (prod. by Exile)
3. Something to Believe ft Nas & Aloe Blacc (prod. by DJ Khalil)
4. Higher (prod. by Exile)
5. To Be Young ft BJ the Chicago Kid (prod. by Exile)
6. Golden State of Mind ft Dom Kennedy (prod. by Exile)
7. Letter F (prod. by The Alchemist)
8. Place to Go (prod. by Exile)
9. Man of the House (prod. by Quincy Tones & Jo Caleb)
10. Out The Trunk (prod. by Exile)
11. It’s A Good Thing ft Aloe Blacc & Choosey (prod. by Exile)
12. Mother (prod. by Exile)
13. F.T.W (prod. by Exile)

Shit going to be dope, the God and Khalil bout to bless the boy.

Fashawn - Guess Who's Back

naw

I think Ugly Frank wanted to focus on solo shit. Check out Cult Mountain, swear they the British version of ILLFIGHTYOU. http://cultmountain616.bandcamp.com/album/cult-mountain
couple weeks ago khris p went on Twitter and said the first 5 ppl to fav this tweet get to hear an unreleased song

was the first to fav

sent me the soundcloud link of this song with uglyfrank rapping on his beat and I think khris on the hook

in the description it said something about a khris p x uglyfrank ep coming soon

song was dope too

HiResDes

couple weeks ago khris p went on Twitter and said the first 5 ppl to fav this tweet get to hear an unreleased song

was the first to fav

sent me the soundcloud link of this song with uglyfrank rapping on his beat and I think khris on the hook

in the description it said something about a khris p x uglyfrank ep coming soon

song was dope too
I'm definitely into that... The two black guys are slightly
better than the other dude though ima be honest.

Grab the new Warm Brew, anything by The Pharcyde, Diggable Planets, Souls of Mischief, The Nonce, Blackaliscious, Black Sheep, People Under the Stairs, and I hope to god you already have the Tribe albums. Overdoz Live from Pasadena, In Search of Stoney Jackson, A Sucker For Pumps, and the early Pac Div tapes are great newer things to check as well.
New Warm Brew is great.

injurai

Banned

Great stuff in here.

overcast

Pretty great list here. I don't dispute.
Video is meh. Song is dookie.

Tokubetsu

If you remove the weird dancing, then the 'i' video is somewhere between good and great; some great images in that one.

Kanye hired Spike Jonze for a cheap Motorola cellphone video

The things we hate about contemporary mediums now we love, champion, and fetishize later.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
austin-millz-gotham.jpg

OG Maco x Austin Millz - New Money. Song plus Austin Millz tape, which may be of interest to people:
Here’s “New Money”, a new OG Maco cut off the Searching For Gotham compilation from Harlem’s Austin Millz. Check out the full tape below, it also includes a Rome Fortune feature, a GoldLink remix and an ASTR cover of Rae Sremmurd’s “No Type” (!).

Meek Mill ft. Big Sean & A$AP Ferg - D Boy video. Shit is kind of tough, has a really old school feel. Sean went the fuck in, this is the best verse I've heard from him maybe since their last collabo.

Consequence and Pusha T are friends again.

HiResDes

guess i'll be clicking ever god damn poloroid-of-a-couch jpg in this thread from now on, cause i totally missed this one. wow, shit mighta had a top ten slot....Good Times vocal samples are so great

I thought it was damn good, but Rawhyde still has a special place in my heart.

PlayDat

Hey guys, never really been to Gaf Hop so sorry if this is overasked.
Any highly recommend "chill" Hip Hop albums circulating around here?
Been lookin for some chill or mellow albums to listen to on my commute and personally not a fan of some of the more power frontin songs, no offense.

Here's some of the things I've been listening to lately:
People Under the Stairs - San Francisco Knights
MF Doom (Viktor Vaughn) - Saliva
Nujabes - Feather
Cannibal Ox - Pigeon (Don't actually have much knowledge of CO)
Witness - Watercolors

Sorry for postin such casual ass shit
lol

I'll second everything Des recommended. Also check out Endtroducing if you haven't already. You might like Calez - Ceito too.

I just spent a little while listening to other stuff by him. It's overall pretty decent for sure. From that one video, I thought he was trash. lol

Yeah, I'd cut him some slack sack since the whole point of the video is to challenge producers with random samples and a time constraint.

Here's El-P doing the same thing. And Black Milk.

overcast

You know it's sad when a Frank Ocean feature in 2015 might potentially be the biggest thing to look forward to about your album.
Well we haven't heard from Frank Ocean in a while, so that's something to want to hear I think. Otherwise, this album is gonna be a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom