• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
So happy Charles Hamilton making music again.

Sonic-Crying.jpg

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Last year it was Boosie, this year I'm looking out for a Sean album. What the hell is happening? I mean, Drake did his best to fuck up Blessed, but other than that it was pretty damn good.

overcast

Eh, it's okay.
I agree on Chance. Really liked Acid Rap but since then...what happened. Went on a big tour, made sense. But then he didn't really do any noteworthy features and released a bunch of music super divorced from his main sound. Some of those tracks were cool but most are just forgettable.

What's the plan here....I don't get it.
He's absolutely lost. Dude got too high or something. He seemed like he was doing his thing correctly. Built that college fanbase to a huge level, got the cac's following him. Dumbass move. If he was at least making good music I would be okay with it, but naw.
I'm judging this early, but this sounds like a serious return to form for Spitta. It sounds fucking fantastic.

Chance isn't lost at all, spent 2013 and entire of 2014 just touring. Plenty of people actually like those Social Experiment & Chance songs. He's doing what he wants to do with no care about label or anything. A lot of yall talk about how it's pointless signing to majors and such yet are unable to see Chance is actually doing pretty great. He just isn't doing what yall want him to do and Sunday Candy is a great song.

Cheddahz

Banned
really only excited for pilot talk 3 and the new ratking album at the moment, hopefully i'll have a few surprises like i did last year

HiResDes

Ran through Good Times again, and wow it's a grower. Biz and Codhand are right. I definitely slept, even though I listened once or twice, it deserves and stands up to more than that.

Courage

Jay-Z is buying WiMP/Tidal, Spotify competitor, for 56 mil

Very interesting tbh. Probably saw what Dre did and is trying to get a share of the pie. I don't know if this is such a viable purchase when there's so many music streaming services available at the moment; he'd have to have some aggressive marketing/pricing for it to rival Spotify's popularity.

WiMP is apparently the number one streaming service in Scandinavian nations, and its US version, Tidal, offers lossless playback; something I doubt people care about if he's gonna use that against Spotify.

overcast

Snippets got me running through Pilot Talk 2 again.

Man Curren$y really is one of my all time favorites
4TfeeGW.png
He even has the nostalgia factor for me on his undeniably great albums.

I also like New Jet City quite a bit. Got some of my favorite Currensy songs on there.

MoodyFog

Jay-Z is buying WiMP/Tidal, Spotify competitor, for 56 mil

Very interesting tbh. Probably saw what Dre did and is trying to get a share of the pie. I don't know if this is such a viable purchase when there's so many music streaming services available at the moment; he'd have to have some aggressive marketing/pricing for it to rival Spotify's popularity.

WiMP is apparently the number one streaming service in Scandinavian nations, and its US version, Tidal, offers lossless playback; something I doubt people care about if he's gonna use that against Spotify.

Plus speaking of Dre, Apple is supposed to release Beats Music in the rest of the world with a very agressive offer this year, so I don't see what Jay could do against them either..

Courage

Plus speaking of Dre, Apple is supposed to release Beats Music in the rest of the world with a very agressive offer this year, so I don't see what Jay could do against them either..

On the other hand, he might aim it for a different demographic (audiophile alternative?) who knows. The article's implication itself seems misleading; just because he's getting involved doesn't mean he may want to target Spotify. Seems like the company is having a healthy growth regardless.

On the other hand, he might aim it for a different demographic (audiophile alternative?) who knows. The article's implication itself seems misleading; just because he's getting involved doesn't mean he may want to target Spotify. Seems like the company is having a healthy growth regardless.

I think he just bought it for a piece of a steady cashflow and he'll see where the market goes. Hov's a cautious dude, I doubt he'll do anything super aggressive with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom