• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they've met but I don't think they hit the studio. But Kanye is once again heavily working with Chicago talent. Chief Keef, Young Chop and King L were already brought in, and now Vic Mensa too. Keep going down that end of the spectrum and you get Chance.

I never expected Kanye to work with Vic Mensa though, so who really knows at this point. I just think Chance spitting over anything Kanye produces might not happen because of his tone but there's no way to know.
Well here's hoping. I think it would be pretty special.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
isn't Ye performing tonight or something? seems like a good time to perform a bunch of new stuff.

HiResDes

I wish Beck would have handed the grammy over to it's rightful owner and got the fuck off the stage. Who cares if you can play 16 different instruments when your shit sucks.

I mean if we were talking about Odelay or Sea Change okay, but that last shit was so vanilla.

studyguy

I feel like the vast majority of the people defending Beck probably never even purchased a fucking album from him in ages nor even knew he had put something out.

I feel like the vast majority of the people defending Beck probably never even purchased a fucking album from him in ages nor even knew he had put something out.

Eh. Most people defending him are reacting to Kanye's idiotic comment. His comment about artists was just ugly, and while he has said he didn't mean it like that...it's another case of him saying stupid shit.

Imagine if Kanye had simply pretended to go on stage as everyone assumed. It would have been a funny moment and tie into the more mellow Kanye narrative. Instead he ruined it by saying stupid shit again. You can tell he wants to sell out but just isn't smart enough to pull it off.

Detox

Nas' poetic skills are what made people love him and it's timeless. From that verbal intercourse verse written at 17 until forever. Kanye about to drop another forgettable album like Yeezus shit burned out real quick.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
no matter how tough it gets my fellow Kanye stans, we'll always have this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=63641876&postcount=18761

z8u5Qvw.gif

codhand

i still think yeezus is his best album, so we shall see, just not feeling this new track.... or the sneaks,

Edit
yeah cb1115 i think esch will still agree with that statement, i do,

Esch

Banned
Yeah breh did a 180 on a great album out of Kanye hate.
Nah fuckouttahere.

I liked it a lot first couple listens because it had dope energy, aggression and lots of textures and melody I like. But like everything else made with the patchwork design philosophy, time does not treat Yeezus well. more you listen to it the more you realize how corny so many of the bars are, how bad and amateurish all the different elements are integrated, it just doesn't hold up. Like MBTDF.

A 180 would be saying that it's trash, it's not. It's a high reaching effort which I appreciate but a sum total ~7.5-8 out of 10.

bullshit esch has never given anything post 2005 5 mics except GKMC

and maybe not even that

Wat

I have a handful of albums I'd give 5 mics genuinely to after 2005

I'm in it and hold my liquor stand up very well still. It's blood on the leaves which I kinda like less tbh

Bound 2 and send it up are the only recycle bin worthy shits on it tho

Esch

Banned
Tbh if I was eschscaling Yeezus I'd only dock it for the out of place Bound 2 and the awful Black Skinhead but the rest i wouldn't say is bad. Some meh joints in there for sure but not that many out and out stinkers.

codhand

the autotune mane, i can't deal

yeah i know haha,

Wolves, autotune takes center stage, basically a bigger part of his sound than the drums

yeah esch is right about kanye corny bars on yeezus, but i still like it, not that i ever put it on much, but i dont put on GKMC ever either, and i love that one

The first few listens of Yeezus are the best.

The inserts and switches catch you off guard and leaves you not knowing what to really expect, but like jump scares in a movie, the effect loses it's touch on subsequent listens.

I still really enjoy Yeezus, listened to it yesterday.

Esch

Banned
The first few listens of Yeezus are the best.

The inserts and switches catch you off guard and leaves you not knowing what to really expect, but like jump scares in a movie, the effect loses it's touch on subsequent listens.
Yeah, in that sense it's kind of like a really good Call of Duty or Uncharted game. first time through you're enjoying the kerrazy setpieces and how that flagpole scarf physics on that one tree is really dope but then you keep playing it and realize that the approach is inherently pretty basic and lazy and you end up trading it in to game stop for 10 dollars.

Hold My Liquor is like the All Ghilled Up of Yeezus.

HiResDes

I gotta say I really like the ambiance of Wolves and its overall sound more than any of the other leaks, but that's not saying much. There's this slightly haunting howl that resonates in the subtexture of the song that I really enjoy, though I don't think Vic Mensa adds anything of worth whatsoever to the track and I wish there were some actual rapping bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom