• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

lol no he doesn't

800X455_EMICIDA.png
wut

illadelph

IDK, some people who have known Kanye have talked about him changing for the worse.

He seems he went full dickhead, and the Kardashian klan ain't helping with that either. Dude seems obsessed with this digital subscription service bullshit, when the people couldn't care less.

illadelph

For a guy with as much influence as he has, he plays the victim card an awful lot. If you actually care about the art you're creating, then just find a way to make it happen.

On another note, good to see Digital Underground get some love in the OT

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I think switch might be my favorite work of hip hop of all time.

Years later I still have to play this every now and again just to refresh my palate.

Hitta93

Banned
Thanks Koozek! Huge list so I didn't wanna quote but I'll be sure to check out all of the above. I've listened to a bit of Kendrick before, at least to Pimp a Butterfly, I didn't feel it at first but I'm willing to give it another chance, but I'm iffy on his flow or at the very least how he pronounces things.
I would say TPAB is his best work, untitled unmastered for a throwaway is pretty damn good too.
Maybe check out Section.80 and GKMC then where he didn't use as many weird voices and flows as on TBAP.
As many? Maybe I've grown on him because I hated Section.80 when it first released outside of like 3 tracks.

Koozek

I would say TPAB is his best work, untitled unmastered for a throwaway is pretty damn good too.

As many? Maybe I've grown on him because I hated Section.80 when it first released outside of like 3 tracks.
Okay, maybe not on GKMC now that I skimmed through it again, but Section.80 definitely had less playing around with pitch/voice.

section 80 and especially overly dedicated are amazing, they might be my favorite kendrick projects.

First track will be a Yachty collab

Ha ha ha.

I like all of E and R's albums, but they definitely aged better in some parts than others (Remember when instrumental track/interludes were commonplace on Hip-Hop albums?). Still, tracks like Follow The Leader and I ain't No Joke remain some of rap's best songs thirty years later.

Fjordson

Drake's one of my favourites going right now, but I'm not even hyped for new music tbh. He's just been dull this year imo.

Hoping he pulls back soon for a while and recalibrates before the next album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom