• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not coming out with an album for at least another 2 years, so likely he's just killing features and expanding his capabilities as an artist.

Yeah, I'm complete cool with this. If he wants to tackle complex subject matter with great depth, I am OK with him, say, meeting with college professors and researchers to help build some sort of knowledge. Or spending time with the community. Or going to college himself. Whatever.

So the Armand Hammer album that was making the discussion earlier, Race Music, is finally making my play list these days. As far as abstract Hip-Hop goes, I think this album is going to be really fucking good. It's fucking dense I can already tell, but man, this is definitely one of the most rewarding Hip-Hop albums I think I've heard. I'm going to have a ton of fun dissecting and digesting this one.

Dereck

So the Armand Hammer album that was making the discussion earlier, Race Music, is finally making my play list these days. As far as abstract Hip-Hop goes, I think this album is going to be really fucking good. It's fucking dense I can already tell, but man, this is definitely one of the most rewarding Hip-Hop albums I think I've heard. I'm going to have a ton of fun dissecting and digesting this one.
It's like a modern day version of Cold Vein, and even with that said it has it's own uniqueness.

HiiiLife

tumblr_n2dhg73w6L1s14t2jo1_500.gif

I got Chance tickets today, so hyped lol. Anyone here been to one of his shows before?
I went during the Surf-era tours as he played my spring concert, but I was sick and wasn't into it as much as the other people who really fucked with his music were. If you really like his music, you'll like it. Also, GA became a bit of a mosh pit when he did some of his more hype songs.

For me, I don't know who's dropping in 2016 and who isn't anymore. I'd have thought 2016 would end with Earl, FlyLo/Captain Murphy, and RTJ, with a couple of surprise drops peppered in and under-the-radar projects I'd discover. However, I can really only be sure that RTJ is dropping in 2016 because of their constant updates saying they want to release it this year.

I didn't know RTJ3 was due this year. I hope Mike isn't too bitter about his boy Bernie. Not really in the mood for heavy tinfoilhat rap.

riotous

Banned
Yeah, I'm complete cool with this. If he wants to tackle complex subject matter with great depth, I am OK with him, say, meeting with college professors and researchers to help build some sort of knowledge. Or spending time with the community. Or going to college himself. Whatever.

I'm sure he's happy that you are cool with those things.

I'm sure he's happy that you are cool with those things.

Wow take it the wrong way, eh?

I'm joking, but genuine inspiration may not come along quickly. If Kendrick needs more time to cultivate generation and that means not getting another album for the next four years, then that's fine with me.

Bullshit politics at 300 holding up Migos releases smh.

here come the snarky remarks

AOTY for me. Loved the energy and production.

His energy is always good but it felt like he was using the same flow on every single track, making them sort of blend together. I enjoyed his previous two releases more.

riotous

Banned
Wow take it the wrong way, eh?

I'm joking, but genuine inspiration may not come along quickly. If Kendrick needs more time to cultivate generation and that means not getting another album for the next four years, then that's fine with me.

Just kidding around man; just found your post funny.

Just kidding around man; just found your post funny.

Hey, I think it would be a great way for Kendrick to really deliver lyrically. I know most of us complain all the time about "smart dumb" rappers, so if Kendrick needs more time to do some legit research on whatever topic he wants to explore on his next album and this causes a delay in the album's process, I'm all for it.

Speaking of Genesis, the guitar solo in Devil In a New Dress reminds me of Steve Hackett.

I know there are some RTJ fans in this thread, so I just want to say listen to Killer Mike's 2012 album R.A.P. Music if you haven't already. I think I've listened to it at least 5 times front to back over the past two weeks.

Great album, definitely an 8/10 for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom