• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
https://youtu.be/4Voxj4usIuA

08aBxW4.gif

i use apple music fuck with me

EDIT: You think Frank is pulling a G.O.O.D. Friday and gearing up for something? Dude is realising a lot of actually very good totally finished songs for nothing out of nowhere. After years of silence also, sunddely two albums and this. Suddenly everyone's feasting. You think he's gonna surprise drop an album? Frank is wild enough to do that I think.

i use apple music fuck with me

EDIT: You think Frank is pulling a G.O.O.D. Friday and gearing up for something? Dude is realising a lot of actually very good totally finished songs for nothing out of nowhere. After years of silence also, sunddely two albums and this. Suddenly everyone's feasting. You think he's gonna surprise drop an album? Frank is wild enough to do that I think.
I'm going to repeat what I said in the Blonde OT.

Frank's at the stage in his career where he doesn't need to just put out album after album. He won a Grammy with his debut album, he got help from Kanye, he's worked with him, Jay, Beyonce, and so much more. While he may not be known across the world, he's a significant enough force in popular music culture. That being said, he's also a perfectionist and it seems like him being in Def Jam meant that he couldn't release singles unless they were leading to an album. I think what he's trying to do is maintain his presence in the game by releasing the occasional loosie while building up his next full-length work. Maybe he'll go recluse on us soon after a few more loose songs, but for now, I think that he's just releasing songs he liked that he had no place for on his albums because he can now.

this is so weird

like the issue with logic isn't that he's a bad rapper, it's that he's a fucking bitch ass. he's a dweeb. he's like fuckin michael cera in superbad. which is fine and all, but jesus...

also this is not what killer mike needs to be doing right now. run the jewels is becoming too detatched from the actual rap game. it's great and all, but becoming de-legitamized. it's just too much, too oversaturated, too coopted by white nerds. like fuck i loved run the jewels 2, and pitchfork giving it the best album of the year was amazing. but at the same time it ruined them. i was hoping run the jewels 3 would scale it back a bit, go back to the dungeon family roots, but NOPE!. same thing as run the jewels 2, which mean it still banged and everything, but it just feels so commercialized at this point. it's really sad. and i like el-p and killer mike SO MUCH. but being on a logic album is too far. killer mike and el- p should be spitting on a pusha t track, or a freddie gibbs track. something with a little fucking authenticity. hell, why not fucking spit a fire verse on some underground shit? they used to be hella underground until just a few years ago. the issue is run the jewels has SO MUCH tallent, and they are waisting it by trying to fill the same demographic as fucking linkin park or some shit. just angsty teanager double presteige in COD white boy shit.

america has some dope features tho. can't say nothin bad about black thought or chuck d.

HiiiLife

this is so weird

like the issue with logic isn't that he's a bad rapper, it's that he's a fucking bitch ass. he's a dweeb. he's like fuckin michael cera in superbad. which is fine and all, but jesus...

also this is not what killer mike needs to be doing right now. run the jewels is becoming too detatche from the actual rap game. it's great and all, but becoming de-legitamized. it's just too much, too oversaturated, too coopted by white nerds. like fuck i loved run the jewels 2, and pitchfork giving it the best album of the year was amazing. but at the same time it ruined them. i was hoping run the jewels 3 would scale it back a bit, go back to the dungeon family roots, but NOPE!. same thing as run the jewels 2, which mean it still banged and everything, but it just feels so commercialized at this point. it's really sad. and i like el-p and killer mike SO MUCH. but being on a logic album is too far. killer mike and el- p should be spitting on a pusha t track, or a freddie gibbs track. something with a little fucking authenticity. hell, why not fucking spit a fire verse on some underground shit? they used to be hella underground until just a few years ago. the issue is run the jewels has SO MUCH tallent, and they are waisting it by trying to fill the same demographic as fucking linkin park or some shit. just angsty teanager double presteige in COD white boy shit.

america has some dope features tho. can't say nothin bad about black thought or chuck d.
U won't say it to his face tho

U won't say it to his face tho

honestly i'd fight logic. i don't have beef with him tho i just think he's a bitch. fucking naming one of his songs the suicide hotline, like stfu dude naming a song that frat boys are gonna spike girls drinks with a suicide hotline isn't gonna make u any deeper or more profound. this the kind of guy that makes liberals look bad, and i voted bernie AND hillary. logic the kind of dude to call people "they" all the time because he doesn't want to presume any pronouns.

HiiiLife

honestly i'd fight logic. i don't have beef with him tho i just think he's a bitch. fucking naming one of his songs the suicide hotline. this the kind of guy that makes liberals look bad, and i voted bernie AND hillary. logic the kind of dude to call people "they" all the time because he doesn't want to presume any pronouns.

178314-Dam-Son.jpg

When did Mel Gibson become one of the worst human beings alive? Did I miss a meeting or something?

he's an abusive alcoholic, and also a nazi. he keeps saying he loves the jews, but everytime he gets too turnt he has some "choice" words for judiasm. i'm no graphic designer but know how to follow a pattern. and this pattern says fuckin NAZI.

also he's just like not that good of a director. roman polanski literally analy rapped a 13 year old girl (she told him she was 16) in jack nicholson's jacuzzi. which is HORRIBLE. like you can't defend that shit. we talking ANALLY here. tho, as a side note, if you are gonna anally rape someone WHICH YOU SHOULDN'T jack nicholson's jacuzzi is a baller place to do it. BUT DON'T FUCKING RAPE ANYONE.

point is roman polanski gets a pass because he made chinatown, arguably in the top five best films ever made, rosemary's baby, repulsion, and the pianist which won the oscar for best picture. so basically he's one of the best directors ever and mel gibson is just kinda a hack. also roman is a halocaust survivor and us hollywood jews do have a certain fondness of halocaust surivors. i'm not saying it's WHY, but it does help soften studio executive's perspectives.

i guess you could say mel gibson bit the hand that fed him, cause the hand was jewish, and he's a fuckin anti-semite.

When did Mel Gibson become one of the worst human beings alive? Did I miss a meeting or something?

he's an abusive alcoholic, and also a nazi. he keeps saying he loves the jews, but everytime he gets too turnt he has some "choice" words for judiasm. i'm no graphic designer but know how to follow a pattern. and this pattern says fuckin NAZI.

also he's just like not that good of a director. roman polanski literally analy rapped a 13 year old girl (she told him she was 16) in jack nicholson's jacuzzi. which is HORRIBLE. like you can't defend that shit. we talking ANALLY here. tho, as a side note, if you are gonna anally rape someone WHICH YOU SHOULDN'T jack nicholson's jacuzzi is a baller place to do it. BUT DON'T FUCKING RAPE ANYONE.

point is roman polanski gets a pass because he made chinatown, arguably in the top five best films ever made, rosemary's baby, repulsion, and the pianist which won the oscar for best picture. so basically he's one of the best directors ever and mel gibson is just kinda a hack. also roman is a halocaust survivor and us hollywood jews do have a certain fondness of halocaust surivors. i'm not saying it's WHY, but it does help soften studio executive's perspectives.

i guess you could say mel gibson bit the hand that fed him, cause the hand was jewish, and he's a fuckin anti-semite.

Soooo...we just running out of things to talk about till Kendrick drops? Is that's what's going on?

this is so weird

also this is not what killer mike needs to be doing right now. run the jewels is becoming too detatched from the actual rap game. it's great and all, but becoming de-legitamized. it's just too much, too oversaturated, too coopted by white nerds. like fuck i loved run the jewels 2, and pitchfork giving it the best album of the year was amazing. but at the same time it ruined them. i was hoping run the jewels 3 would scale it back a bit, go back to the dungeon family roots, but NOPE!. same thing as run the jewels 2, which mean it still banged and everything, but it just feels so commercialized at this point. it's really sad. and i like el-p and killer mike SO MUCH. but being on a logic album is too far. killer mike and el- p should be spitting on a pusha t track, or a freddie gibbs track. something with a little fucking authenticity. hell, why not fucking spit a fire verse on some underground shit? they used to be hella underground until just a few years ago. the issue is run the jewels has SO MUCH tallent, and they are waisting it by trying to fill the same demographic as fucking linkin park or some shit. just angsty teanager double presteige in COD white boy shit.

honestly i'd fight logic. i don't have beef with him tho i just think he's a bitch. fucking naming one of his songs the suicide hotline, like stfu dude naming a song that frat boys are gonna spike girls drinks with a suicide hotline isn't gonna make u any deeper or more profound. this the kind of guy that makes liberals look bad, and i voted bernie AND hillary. logic the kind of dude to call people "they" all the time because he doesn't want to presume any pronouns.

tumblr_ohjfy5k2W21v5nifao1_400.gif

thabiz

But I mean, there's people out there eating other people. Should we really be getting all worked up cause Gibson got wrecked and called someone sugar tits?

Uh....what?

Vorheez

But I mean, there's people out there eating other people. Should we really be getting all worked up cause Gibson got wrecked and called someone sugar tits?
Painting Pictures is the best album of 2017 and this is the best post of 2017

Be careful though biz, if you post that rational shit on gaming/OT side, your ass will be banned

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Fuck that bullshit. Dude is an anti-Semitic piece of shit. Fuck him, his nazi dad, and his entire body of work forever.
Sincerely a Jewish man who thinks gaf is a bunch of hypocritical fucks when it comes to Gibson, cause we damn sure wouldn't be trying to shrug his hatred off if it had been largely focused on other communities.

Oh and painting pictures is garbage. It's sad as fuck we've fallen to this level where a nobody no talent no flow no lyrics no charisma no mic presence having weakass bitch ass soggy mcnugget ass mumblfuck like Kodak black is allowed anywhere near a recording booth.

What's wrong with not wanting to presume people's pronouns

look, i go to nyu and am part of the new york downtown art scene. i see some androgynous looking mother fuckers out there i'll be cautious. i've got friends who don't identify as either. but if you go up to some bros talking about sports or some shit wearing boat shoes and start calling them "they" you're just trying to show off how woke and progressive you are. it's flashy and insinsere. that's logic for you.

also painting pictures is fine. solid background conversation music at a party with weird color lights and shit. Feeling Like is good. I like when he becomess introspective and talks about how society and the expectations of being a black youth has formed him in to the "villain" he is today. is it shifting responsibilitya bit? probably, i haven't looked much in to it but i heard he beat his girl HEAVY. at least it's interesting and has a little depth.

the whole album just kinda blends together and bores me tho. his words are one ambient slur. the actual melodic flow is nice. frank just demonstrated how to do it REALLY WELL, by actually enunciating more and having an incredible voice without needing autotune. kodak is just at a middling level. he'll fade away in a little. give it two - three years tops.

HiResDes

Agree on both points. Also I don't have a problem acknowledging great art made by awful people, but for that to happen your art needs to be on the level of say Polanski or Wagner.

look, i go to nyu and am part of the new york downtown art scene. i see some androgynous looking mother fuckers out there i'll be cautious. i've got friends who don't identify as either. but if you go up to some bros talking about sports or some shit wearing boat shoes and start calling them "they" you're just trying to show off how woke and progressive you are. it's flashy and insinsere. that's logic for you.
holy shit, what.

I go there.

This is scary.

Also, biz, after having listened to the Arca and Clark records, the Arca album is probably the most mediocre thing he's done in a bit, it's Bjork without the singular vision or interesting voice. As for the Clark record, it has pretty moments, but it's nowhere near as memorable as his record in 2014, which I adored.

holy shit, what.

I go there.

This is scary.

What school? I'm a Tisch dude.

You could definitely offend a bunch of pseudo macho bros by being too gender neutral.

It's not even about offending stupid bros, it's are you acting this way because you genuinely care, or because you just want people to think you care? Even if it's the former, Logic comes off as the latter.

Also like, I'm a white jewish guy, but if you have to write an entire song explaining why you can use the n word, you probably can't. Logic should have just dropped the n word in his bars like a normal rapper and not made a thing of it. Dudes half black. He's the only guy making himself whiter.

What school? I'm a Tisch dude.

It's not even about offending stupid bros, it's are you acting this way because you genuinely care, or because you just want people to think you care? Even if it's the former, Logic comes off as the latter.

Also like, I'm a white jewish guy, but if you have to write an entire song explaining why you can use the n word, you probably can't. Logic should have just dropped the n word in his bars like a normal rapper and not made a thing of it. Dudes half black. He's the only guy making himself whiter.
CAS, so I'm a second-tier student in my own university compared to y'all at Tisch/Stern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom