• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Feel is a good song

Loyalty though...
yarA58t.png

HiResDes

Yeah I will take back my dig at Cheddahz and Richard, very hesitant to really stake whether I enjoyed this much on first listen : (

I'm feeling Kendrick's album. It's sort an anti-response. This is not completely the angry "What's wrong with America" record everyone expected, it's a more inward looking project. In place of "The Big Picture," sometimes you find smaller stories and localized commentary. There's almost a frustration or despondence toward the current social climate and how he looks back on TPAB that shows itself through more psychedelic-soul style production and melodies, with brief flashes of aggression (DNA, XXX). I don't know, just some first listen thoughts.

This album is vibesssss though. Way more than GKMC or TPAB. Reminds me of Section 80 in that way.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
XXX -----> Fear ----> God ----> Duckworth is a fucking roller coaster in terms of song quality

riotous

Banned
I like it on first listen; don't love any of it but I did enjoy listening. Feel like it has a similar sort of hectic vibe most of the album with some nice more chill tracks here and there to break it up.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Fear stands out on second listen.

Fears when he was 7: his mom

Fears when he was 17: his death

Fears at 27: his legacy

Trey

Element

Just go ahead and diss Drake outright if you're gonna bite his flow wholesale

yeah it was weird he didn't drop his name considering how direct this shit was.

element even sounds like some shit drake would call that song. similar beat rhythms, even had the aquamarine bpm slowdown effect drake loves to use for his songs for the outro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom