• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gawd.

Wonder if that means a 2017 release?

I remember people saying in this thread that they wanted to wait 3 years between Kendrick releases
stopitslime.png

Album is coming out this year, you read it here first.

Extended snippet of "Kelly Price."

2 days, and it's good to see the album hasn't leaked yet.

full

PlayDat

#protectbiz2017
It's not meant as an attack. I just find their posting habits kind of odd. I don't them to leave. Based on the music they post, they seem a lot more adventurous in what they choose to listen to than the average person. I really appreciate that and I'm happy to see someone post about lesser known artists. I'd be lying if I said thabiz has never contributed anything.

#Positivity2017
Conflict isn't always the antithesis of positivity. I'm just addressing the gorilla in the room. Most of us (myself included) have been silent about the disrespect for way too long.

thabiz

Say whatever you wish, but in no way am I dusty. I probably check more new shit than all of you combined.

#lickcrack2017

Koozek

Conflict isn't always the antithesis of positivity. I'm just addressing the gorilla in the room. Most of us (myself included) have been silent about the disrespect for way too long.
Oh, my post wasn't addressed to you. I actually was wondering about Biz too these days, lol.

Breh, how are you really? You can talk to us.

I know it's hard to stay positive in dark times like these. We will all send you our prayers and love. Bless up.

OG Kush

I loved Grime in my youth, but I find it so boring nowadays.
Grime had a few years but it's back really strong now I only.
Never listened to Grime, but I'm guessing Wiley may be a good place to start?
All the old Wiley Eskimo stuff, Dizzee first album is a must. Skepta is a legend as well. The thing about grime though is there aren't many good full body pieces of work. It grew out of sound system culture so a lot of the best stuff are random singles, EPs, dubplates and radio shows.
One guy who I think is killing it atm is Mist, not really grime per say, more UK rap but he's one of the biggest atm in the UK.
Also, just one of my fav tunes out right now, big in the clubs atm:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CyfwmoGJzNE

I would love to talk more about UK grime and rap here but there doesn't seem to be much demand for it.

Just listened to Reasonable Doubt. Amazing album.

D'Evils has two of my all time favorite verses. So damn good.

The rest of the album is also of the highlest quality.

All the old Wiley Eskimo stuff, Dizzee first album is a must. Skepta is a legend as well. The thing about grime though is there aren't many good full body pieces of work. It grew out of sound system culture so a lot of the best stuff are random singles, EPs, dubplates and radio shows.
One guy who I think is killing it atm is Mist, not really grime per say, more UK rap but he's one of the biggest atm in the UK.
Also, just one of my fav tunes out right now, big in the clubs atm:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CyfwmoGJzNE

Nice, sounds good.

Ninja Dom

Perfect gif lol, interesting beat choice for P on this track. Also need to check the album out.

The album is alright. Nothing special but still okay.

I'll always give Prodigy a chance as I'm always waiting to hear if he'll make me feel the way I felt after listening to The Infamous and Hell on Earth.

It'll never happen, that was 20 years ago. But I'll still give him a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom