• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF hypothesizes: Capcom x Namco x Sega, by Banpresto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three companies

Three

Tri

hmm

Legends of Zelda with the triforce of power, wisdom, and courage replaced with the triforce of sega, capcom, and namco-bandai

As I said in the post above:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4s2vgFvuKk

Lost Heroes that includes (Help me gaf filling the blank) :
Namco: Ultraman (as seen on the trailer above) , Super Robot Taisen

Capcom: Viewtfull Joe <3 , ???

Sega: I HAVE NO IDEA ???

and with the latest rumors saying Nintendo is trying to revive some of the 3rd party "Lost heroes" I think this could very well be it ^_^

thoughts ?

Jonnyram

SRPG for sure.
Remember Namco x Capcom?
That was developed by Monolith Soft, but they're not at Namco anymore, so Namco will just have Banpresto make it.

GDGF

Soothsayer
It's going to be like Taisen, but without the trademark issues that prevented most Taisen games from being published in the west :)

320527.jpg

320528.jpg

320529.jpg

spanks

I'm hoping it's a fighter along the lines of Power Stone / Jump Superstars, or even a racing game. Or, better yet, something ambitious and unpredictable.

If it's just another RPG/Strategy/Card game, it won't even make it out of Japan. Plus, crossovers are probably the worst kind of game to focus on the story.

Wiseblade

It's an AR card strategy game. Namco and Sega both had card based arcade games currently out in Japan, and Capcom has their own series of card battle games on handhelds. The Banpresto labelling is the icing on the cake.

GDGF

Soothsayer
It's an AR card strategy game. Namco and Sega both had card based arcade games currently out in Japan, and Capcom has their own series of card battle games on handhelds. The Banpresto labelling is the icing on the cake.

This would be awesome.

I've been waiting for someone to do an AR strategy game for the 3DS.

Umbrella will cooperate with Dr. Willy and Robotnic to transform Sonic friends into mindless Robo-Zombies and it's upto Pacman and his Namco friends to kill them all as Konami did when they burned Hudson alive in the middle of the night.

Bebpo

Banned
In this thread: People not realizing Banpresto is the developer.

It's going to be like Taisen, but without the trademark issues that prevented most Taisen games from being published in the west :)

Yeah, just like Namco x Capcom and how that was released in the west since there were no trademark issues! ;)

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
SRT: Endless Frontier has had characters from Xenosaga and Namco x Capcom. I'm gonna say it's another one of those, adding characters and mechs from Sega and Capcom into the mix.

If so, I realllly hope it comes here. Loved the first one, was miffed that Exceed was passed over.

IrishNinja

This time translated into English! ;____;

I want my Genesis shooter.

about once a year, i go looking for any efforts on that fan translation effort for part 1, and find some dude on 1up who last talked about it in 2008 or something. heartbreaking.

tsab

I think is going to be card battle game like SvC for NeoGeo Pocket, with streetpass and everything.

shaowebb

Wait wait wait...where is this news coming from? Whats the source on this rumor? I feel lost. Did I miss something today while I was out?

Being there is a common link between the 3 and Banpresto, being big in the arcade market, and the complete lack of any teaser in the American Nintendo Direct, I'm going out on a limb and say it might be something involving the arcades in a serious way, might be something 3DS/Arcade related given 3DS is all about bringing it wherever you go, it'd work rather well in Japan to give people more incentives to take their 3DS with them and reasons to go into the struggling arcades which would help all three of those companies out...

And if that isn't it I'm totally trademarking the idea and moving to Japan to do it myself.

OmegaZero

SRT: Endless Frontier has had characters from Xenosaga and Namco x Capcom. I'm gonna say it's another one of those, adding characters and mechs from Sega and Capcom into the mix.

If so, I realllly hope it comes here. Loved the first one, was miffed that Exceed was passed over.

This disappointed me so much (even though I knew it had a pretty slim chance of coming over anyway).

TreIII

As fun as Sega's Sengoku Taisen and its update were on the DS, I wouldn't have a problem with this at all.

Of course, part of me would love to see some sort of expansion on the "Rockman.EXE" formula, utilizing assets from the three brands to make for an interesting card-based action-rpg system.

Pachael

Each of the companies' petri dishes can now be clicked on, each revealing three coloured Xs.

They might be anything, e.g. color of a character but I can't really pick any. They do look a bit like characters swimming though.

Wiseblade

Chromosome shenanigans!

They're different for each of the developers, but it'd take a wizard to figure out what they're doing from this.

dreamahm

Banned
2d fighting game.

Capcom X Sega X Namco.

Banpresto best 2d artiest in Japan,with capcom engine & Sega music & Namco work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom