• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf, i need a new Xbox headset.

Tiamat2san

So I sat down on my headset (a basic plantronic RIG ) and it’s dead.

Shit happens.

I need to buy a new one but now I want a nice one with a great sound and a good microphone but I don’t know what’s really good.

Plantronic, Corsair, Logitech, razer?
I have a budget up to 200€.
7.1 if possible (i know it’s emulated but still)
It doesn’t need to be wireless (but cool if it is) and if possible the lighter the better.

This headset will be used on Xbox one X and in the future on series X.
If it’s not compatible with PS4 pro/ PS5 it’s not a big deal as i intend to buy the PS5 Sony headset.

So, what your opinion?

Last edited:
Try out the Steelseries Arctis 1 Wireless. It's $99 and has a Xbox version.

It uses the same drivers as the entire Arctis series (or atleast 1-7), but uses a standard headband versus a suspension headband like the 3/5/7. I actually find it more comfortable (I owned the 3 before, but just got the 1 wireless after the announcement that it will work on PS5. It also works on PC and Switch as well as Android as it uses a USB C dongle with an adapter.

Also appears to come with a free month of Game Pass which is cool. I have the PS/PC/SW version but it's the same headset outside of compatibility.

Another cool thing about the arctis series is you can plus a 3.5mm headphone jack into it if you want to say listen to game audio and your phone at the same time.

Last edited:

MaulerX

What's you budget?

The Turtle Beach Stealth 700 is wireless and connects directly to Xbox the same way your controllers connect. In other words, no dongle! Just press the button to pair and vuala. It also supports blue-toth to use with other devices like your phone etc... The Stealth 600 is a bit cheaper minus the blue-to0th capability (but still pairs with your Xbox directly with no dongle).

THEAP99

Banned
headsets r a pain. im a ps4 player, but I've only had luck with hyper x. going on 2 and half years with my alpha's right now, they're great minus i ended up buying my own earpads

Tiamat2san

What's you budget?

The Turtle Beach Stealth 700 is wireless and connects directly to Xbox the same way your controllers connect. In other words, no dongle! Just press the button to pair and vuala. It also supports blue-toth to use with other devices like your phone etc... The Stealth 600 is a bit cheaper minus the blue-to0th capability (but still pairs with your Xbox directly with no dongle).

Up to 200€, so it’s good.
Even if I don’t intend to seat on it ^^
I’ve always heard that turtle beach are fragile, is it true?

MaulerX

Up to 200€, so it’s good.
Even if I don’t intend to seat on it ^^
I’ve always heard that turtle beach are fragile, is it true?

Honestly I haven't had a problem with mine although I haven't sat on mines yet. LOL

Because it connects the same way your controllers do (no dongle) It'll work just as fine with Series X if you ever decide to upgrade.

Tiamat2san

Honestly I haven't had a problem with mine although I haven't sat on mines yet. LOL

Because it connects the same way your controllers do (no dongle) It'll work just as fine with Series X if you ever decide to upgrade.
I’ll upgrade.
Is it possible to add a wire or is it wireless only?

I play with wired controllers (a razer wolverine ultimate pad or a killer instinct arcade stick) no problem there?
I suppose it’s not an issue because of the way it sync.

And final question, good surround sound?

rob305

I just bought a headset myself (Astro A50 Xbox). The Astro A50 and Astro A20 are both wireless headsets and if you buy the xbox version it will work on the PS4 version as well (not the other way around). You can plugin the Xbox version of the headset to a PS4 in PC mode and the PS4 will recognize it as wireless USB headset. Worked great for me. As far as I know the Astro A20/A50 is the only way you can use it on both PS4 and Xbox wirelessly

Tiamat2san

I just bought a headset myself (Astro A50 Xbox). The Astro A50 and Astro A20 are both wireless headsets and if you buy the xbox version it will work on the PS4 version as well (not the other way around). You can plugin the Xbox version of the headset to a PS4 in PC mode and the PS4 will recognize it as wireless USB headset. Worked great for me. As far as I know the Astro A20/A50 is the only way you can use it on both PS4 and Xbox wirelessly
A50 is too expensive for me , A20 is out of stock on amazon France.
I’ll check elsewhere to see if it’s available.
I saw A40, it’s wired , I need to find more detail.

Damn it’s a jungle if you want to find a good gaming headset....

Top Bottom