• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF I need money for dru... for my sick Mom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I always thought Amirox was a pretty respectable guy in real-life, aside from his lying, editing and demodding fiasco. His "plea for help" seemed to be genuinely coming from the heart.

To see him a few months later dropping mad stacks on fucking heroin and coke is really, really eye-opening.

shiiiit.gif

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Come on... who's to say the bills aren't that high? The mother was obviously sick and I am very sure it was used for that cause. Maybe she got better? New job? New insurance? So many things that could happen but instead you decide an all out frontal attack without at least PMing him and discussing this privately before smearing him.

Mahzkrieg

Banned
The thread about his mother was in April. The post where he talks about buying his stash was just yesterday. OP fucked up

Why does it matter? He didn't JUST start doing drugs.
Like others have said, there are probably a dozen posts dating back over the last couple of years talking about his drug use.

And really, a few months is not a lot of time.
His job hasn't changed. His habits haven't changed.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Like others have said, there are probably a dozen posts dating back over the last couple of years talking about his drug use.

without the proof you're going to have trouble getting support

Prez

There's a difference between a binge and normal use. That sounds like a suicide stash, tbh.

That's what I'm saying. Someone who goes on a binge like that must have been doing drugs for a while. Someone who's new to drugs wouldn't start like that.

usea

In the general case, If somebody asks for financial help I don't think they should be prohibited from recreational spending 6 months later. His situation could have changed. There are a lot of different reasons why somebody would be in desperate need of help and then 6 months later have some money to spend.

In this specific case, I'm sure some/most of his story was true. But I would not donate money to him and I wouldn't recommend others do it either.

Hoo-doo

Banned
A whole lot of stuff can change in six months.

His mother has a chronic illness and GAF's donation was a temporary cushion to get his mom the treatment she deserves, at least for a while.
It's not like she is suddenly cured from her two failing kidneys and medical expenses are gone.

i-Lo

The thread about his mother was in April. The post where he talks about buying his stash was just yesterday. OP fucked up

That's my point. That said, I'm assuming that OP is doubting whether the money actually went toward medicine bills for the mother given how openly amir0x is touting about his plans with purchased drugs.

Personally, given that picture of his mom holding the piece of paper thanking GAF, I'd like to believe that ALL of the donations went toward paying the medical bills.

NewFresh

Thread seems to be lacking in any actual facts besides Amir0x receiving donations and half a year later posting about buying "a lot" of drugs (Which can not be confirmed as something he actually did, he could have been exaggerating)

Shut it down.

No need to ruin someones reputation (further) based on little to nothing.

nomster

That's what I'm saying. Someone who goes on a binge like that must have been doing drugs for a while. Someone who's new to drugs wouldn't start like that.

It sounds like what people bring for a weekend in Vegas, not a suicide stash.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Then why do you care? You gave him money even though you knew he was a druggie back then? Why are you complaining about it now?

CassSept

The OP, complete with the picture looks like lifted straight from Daily Mail/Bild/<insert any tabloid>. I'm proud of you son.

Zeliard

Thread seems to be lacking in any actual facts besides Amir0x receiving donations and half a year later posting about buying "a lot" of drugs (Which can not be confirmed as something he actually did, he could have been exaggerating)

Shut it down.

I'm curious if people would have this same reaction if Amir0x had posted in the New PC thread that he's building a new rig, or if it's the notion of drugs that is really what's egregious here.

OP's intentions aside, are you okay as an American tax payer with an admitted drug addict being the supervisor at a military depot?

Just sayin'...we're not talking about just weed here, btw.

It's up to his supervisor to be the judge of that. If his alleged drug use is not impairment for him doing his job then we should not partake on that. Internet witch hunts usually don't end well.

If he used the donation money for a drug binge the fuck him.

But also, I don't take lightly fucking up someone's livelihood (his job).

If this ends up costing him his job, then gaf done fucked up.

Regardless of whether or not all of the donations went exclusively to his mother's care, I think most can agree he should be setting money aside to look after his mother instead of binging on drugs for himself if there's a chance she will be in that spot again.

EliCash

Shut it down.

Nah, when you request that much money from strangers on the internet and then admit to buying a shit load of drugs months later (a stash that suggests this is a fairly regular thing) you can expect this. It's also fairly easy to give an explanation. Why didn't he update the other thread? I'm not jumping to conclusions or accusing him of anything, but I think they're fine questions to ask. And he'd probably agree and understand you would hope.

The work place thing is fucked though. Also, you can't just expect him never to buy anything since his mom needs medical treatment. The stash seems to be a bit excessive though. And I don't think it's the fact that they are drugs that's bothering people it is more the value.

sonicmj1

His mother has a chronic illness and GAF's donation was a temporary cushion to get his mom the treatment she deserves, at least for a while.
It's not like she is suddenly cured from her two failing kidneys and medical expenses are gone.

Is he asking for donations now? Maybe his financial situation has improved. I'm not comfortable making the kind of inferences people are making based on two posts months apart.

Mariolee

I'm curious if people would have this same reaction if Amir0x had posted in the New PC thread that he's building a new rig, or if it's the notion of drugs that is really what's egregious here.

A new PC rig can be potentially beneficial and worthwhile, whereas drugs are less so and (I don't do drugs so maybe I'm out of line here) generally fuck you up.

You guys are way too nice and forgiving.
From the thread "How do you unwind?"

9nQFm.png

I'll keep going back

Oh shit.

Davedough

It's up to his supervisor to be the judge of that. If his alleged drug use is not impairment for him doing his job then we should not partake on that. Internet witch hunts usually don't end well.

Good, bad or indifferent, I agree with this.

CrankyJay

Banned

I'm not going to contact anyone, but maybe he shouldn't post in numerous places on the same forum that you do hardcore drugs and where you work and what your position is.

Wouldn't his supposed drug use cost him his job? Why should the blame go on a GAFer?

SmokyDave

1; 6 month gap.

2; Donating to strangers on the internet always leaves you at risk of getting burnt. Don't give more than you'd be willing to lose.

I say this as someone that donated.

Meier

I don't think that matters. If you're in a situation to ask for donations for your mom, your life then needs to change -permanently-. There is no scenario where it would be okay to spend $1,000 on drugs in general but especially when you have a sick mom and have managed to raise nearly $11,000 in donations to help "her."

He has posted about his mom being sick for years.. these things don't just go away even if the person no longer requires hospitalization. It could come creep up at any time. This is an unfortunate situation and one that I hope he addresses (if he hasn't already).

Zeliard

A new PC rig can potentially beneficial and worthwhile, whereas drugs are less so and (I don't do drugs so maybe I'm out of line here) generally fuck you up.

Both are luxury.

OP seems to have much more of a problem with the idea that Amir0x is doing drugs than him spending money on luxury items.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
OP's intentions aside, are you okay as an American tax payer with an admitted drug addict being a supervisor at a military depot?

Just sayin'...we're not talking about just weed here, btw.

I'm not an American tax payer. Some people can deal with drugs and live normal lives, not everyone but some. Also, it isn't necessarily true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom