• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf, post an image of the first game you remember playing

sadmaker

combat1.png

and

air-sea_battle.png

I will be 31 in May
just turned 39, and I was just about to post tank

The_Lump

Banned
Think this was mine. Although I remember a few from the BBC Micro which were similar so not sure exactly which was first.

castle-quest1.gif

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
scd-tt-summaryimg.png

First game I ever played. Was at a friend's house, they just had reached Tidal Tempest, asked if I could try it (first time seeing a game on something other than TV), sucked terribly but had fun.

dwyg7mn.png
1OBiuN6.png
0hwimNC.png

I have vivid memories of the arcade I played these at. Place has been an abandoned concrete slab for almost 20 years. Apparently all of these games were new in 1982, so I imagine that dates my earliest gaming memories pretty well.

Just turned 36.

EDIT: It's definately Pokemon Yellow, and the starter choice probably took me a couple hours to decide, a lot of my childhood was spent playing Pokemon because my parents couldn't afford to buy me a console for awhile. In terms of on a home console it is probably the original GTA on consoles at my friends house, GET THE POLICE CAR! It's fastest! (Me and my friend were like 6 haha!)

You realize in Pokemon Yellow you don't have a choice for the starter...?

Oppo

It was on one of these – Hunt the Wumpus.

QDsfSgQ.png

god I am old...

The first non-text-adventure game I spent any real time on was Lode Runner C64:

sWuF90b.gif

I remember how to beat that board just looking at it. heh.

jett

D-Member
I'm not sure, but it may have been Commando on the C64, when I was six years old.

cXJRdVIxTEhBVkk=.jpg

In reality it probably was some edutainment crap on an Apple II back in pre-school or something.

stay gold

38596-Lion_King,_The_(World)-3.jpg

Lion King on Mega Drive. I tried to play it a year or two ago for nostalgia's sake and got stuck on one of young Simbas stages, brutal.

Dr Prob

Banned
The Electric Company: Word Fun

3I85bIr.gif

Probably not the first game I played, but the one I remember.

Seeing the Intellivision stuff in here brings me back.

The dragon in that D&D game WAS terrifying. The NFL game had physical playbooks. Shark! Shark! !

At home:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3b/Videopac-pete-screen-800px.jpg/250px-Videopac-pete-screen-800px.jpg[img]
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0d/Munchkin_Coverart.png[img]
[img]http://www.videopac.com/images/ss_38_munchkin.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

First console for me as well. Man, I remember KC Munchkin, lol

Of course it was the Magnavox Odyssey 2 for me.

Staab

Not quite my first game but, I'm moving soon and was packing some stuff...

Tumbled across these gems : pretty close to my first games played. Nostalgia :(

lswY2eO.jpg

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
First console for me as well. Man, I remember KC Munchkin, lol

Of course it was the Magnavox Odyssey 2 for me.

brofist.jpg

I also had the sky slalom game and there was one similar to space invaders, blue background iirc, with this big spider as a "boss" or at least I remember the cover with such drawing haha

edit:

I've found them! :'-)

Space Monster:

p22b.jpg

ss_22_spacemonster.jpg

Skiing:

p25b.jpg

ss_25_skiing.jpg

Top Bottom