• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF speaks. Namco listens FCK delayed.

Sysgen

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3146905

Word out of Namco today is that its forthcoming Xbox 360 title, Frame City Killer, has officially been delayed until summer 2006 so it can receive the tender loving polish that it needs under the publisher's development wings. The game, built on the shoulders of Epic's Unreal Engine 3.0, FCK puts the player in the role of a freelance hitman tasked to track down a psycho-terrorist named Kahn who's threatening to unleash a deadly bio-mechanical virus upon Frame City's cyber-network. Yeah, that's right, FCK's kinda cyberpunk like that -- can you hang?

This announcement comes nipping on the heel of a batch of recently released (or possibly leaked?) screenshots where FCK looked literally no better than a Dreamcast game. Unsurprisingly, the hardcore forum community ignited in an angry and disappointed fervor. If there's any evidence that developers and publishers are listening directly to the masses, this FCK delay could be it.

We also contacted Namco and got their official response: "Thanks for your interest in FCK. The game is slated to come out in the second half of 2006 (likely summer). No reason for the delay -- just polishing the game so our second Xbox 360 title looks great!"

Sounds like summer it is, folks. In the meantime, enjoy the drought of Xbox 360 titles in the first half of 2006! <--- ZINGER!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
FCK!!!

Psyche. Wasn't interested in it anyway. Just wanted to say 'FCK!!!'

And now I did. Thank you.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
40681320051222_131821_13_big.jpg

VALIS

Sysgen said:
Unsurprisingly, the hardcore forum community ignited in an angry and disappointed fervor. If there's any evidence that developers and publishers are listening directly to the masses, this FCK delay could be it.

<steeples fingers>

Excellent. Thank you, trolls! :D

Mrbob

First half software drought?

DoA4, Full Auto, Fight Night 3, GRAW, Splinter Cell Double Agent, The Outfit, Oblivion...is Che turning on the 360 already? He must have seen some PS3 stuff. ;)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
The combat footage looked cool so im glad they are taking some extra time with this.

Master Chito

Neo Member
Mrbob said:
First half software drought?

DoA4, Full Auto, Fight Night 3, GRAW, Splinter Cell Double Agent, The Outfit, Oblivion...is Che turning on the 360 already? He must have seen some PS3 stuff. ;)
Hopefully he hasnt seen "Fatal Inertia". :lol

BioFan

since I'll be getting this, I hope they'll delay it as much as they need to, and make this one of 360's FCKing AAA title...:D

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
I just got back from playing Killzone 2 and OMGWTFBBQ... psyche!

Anyway, 6 Xbox 360 games in the next 6 months... well, I guess that's not quite a drought, but what if you don't care for military shooters, Splinter Cell, and western RPGs?

Answer: Well then I guess you shouldn't have fucking bought an Xbox 360!

p.s. - I just saw the new intro sequence for the 1UP Show today. I can't get that intro song outta my head! You'll see what I mean come this Friday. ;)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
New intro sequence...cool, I always thought the current intro was a bit geeky :p

6 X360 games eh....well at least we got XBLA games, right? Street Fighter 2 woohaw

Haklong

Chony said:
Just tighten up the graphics on level 2.

LMAO

I hate those commercials.

All new consoles have a slow period. Hopefully it isn't the norm with this gen because of longer development time.

But I would get to save some damn money so I don't know.

Sysgen

chespace said:
Anyway, 6 Xbox 360 games in the next 6 months... well, I guess that's not quite a drought, but what if you don't care for military shooters, Splinter Cell, and western RPGs?

Answer: Well then I guess you shouldn't have fucking bought an Xbox 360!

Gates noted that Xbox 360 has also become a powerful application for high-definition television, adding that nine out of 10 Xbox 360 owners currently own or intend to purchase a high-definition television set.* He announced that more than 50 new high-definition Xbox 360(TM) games will be available by June 2006

So which is it? 6 or 50 :lol

Edit: Mostly arcade stuff I presume.

Snaku

Banned
chespace said:

Answer: You wouldn't have gotten an Xbox 360 since those are basically the genres/titles that were most supported on the original Xbox.

Speevy

Banned
Stop acting like the 360 is the Nintendo 64. Were you not paying attention to how steadily the Xbox was supported? 750+ games, last I checked.

Bebpo

Banned
Haklong said:
50 FROM LAUNCH. Che was refering to the 6 games MrBob posted. They have what, 20 games out now. So by June they hope to have 50. Will they? Who knows.

They'll hit that if they include XBLA games, but if they're only counting real games no way. If there's 20 games out now and 1-2 a month max (starting in feb since it doesn't seem like there are any Jan releases) for 5 months then they'll be lucky to hit 30 titles total.

Haklong

Bebpo said:
They'll hit that if they include XBLA games, but if they're only counting real games no way. If there's 20 games out now and 1-2 a month max (starting in feb since it doesn't seem like there are any Jan releases) for 5 months then they'll be lucky to hit 30 titles total.

Which is why I said, who knows. Most likely not. But Bill Gates didn't say 50 in June. He said they will have 50 games by June. Meaning launch to June. I just see a lot of people reading that wrong and just wanted to clarify it. Wasn't going OMG the 360 WILL HAVE 50 GAMES IN JUNE ALONE. Again, I said who knows.

Speevy

Banned
We haven't hit the regular next-generation release period yet, which is largely determined by Sony's speed to market. Anything the 360 gets before then is a bonus.

Speevy said:
We haven't hit the regular next-generation release period yet, which is largely determined by Sony's speed to market. Anything the 360 gets before then is a bonus.
:lol What's the thinking here, that there's no way anyone should expect them to be able to perform independantly?

Speevy

Banned
Joseph Merrick said:
:lol What's the thinking here, that there's no way anyone should expect them to be able to perform independantly?

No, but most developers aren't ready, which means mostly 1st party exclusives, ports, and a few big project exclusives.

After E3, the floodgates should open.

Mrbob

chespace said:
I just got back from playing Killzone 2 and OMGWTFBBQ... psyche!

You don't own a 360 and am waiting for PS3. ;)

At least the next 6 months looks better than the 6 months which occurred after the PSP launch and the 10 months it took for the DS and the year it took Xbox to go from Halo to Splinter Cell.

Speevy

Banned
Between Halo and Splinter Cell the Xbox went online with Mech Assault, and had Jet Set Radio Future, Morrowind, Rallisport Challenge, Moto GP, Steel Batallion, Shenmue 2, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and others. There was stuff to play.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
That said, the Xbox 360 isn't the only system in the middle of a drought. Most of the industry is pretty slow right now, unfortunately.

I play DOA4 (and curse Itagaki's name) everyday so I do love me some 360.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
chespace said:
That said, the Xbox 360 isn't the only system in the middle of a drought. Most of the industry is pretty slow right now, unfortunately.

Yea, it is called January.

Top Bottom