• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, what is the worst game you've ever played?

Melchiah

I'll give one for each generation.

PS4: Daylight
PS3: Amy
PS2: Blood Omen 2
PS1: D
Amiga: Roller Coaster Rumbler (the first game I bought with my own money)
C64: The Evil Dead

Vazduh

The Fifth Element. Such a terrible game, from the controls, to the level design and especially the graphics. Jeez.

I remember a compilation tdk90 I bought off a friend had eastenders on it for the spectrum.
In a world of bad games ( and some may say bad ideas) it was simply horrendous beyond anything else I'd ever seen

https://youtu.be/7oT23Wp-l2Y

Oh and paperboy on the spectrum as well . My favourite arcade game ever ,defiled in such a manner that it disgusts me to this day.

Cpt_Cabal

Neo Member
Robocop by Titus.

God-fucking-awful; completely devoid of anything that made the original film (and the coin-op and home computer versions (particularly the Spectrum), for that matter) so great.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Heavy Nova on the SEGA Genesis.

You don't know shitty controls until you've played this festering shit pile.

giphy.gif

uncleslappy

nethack is my favorite dark souls clone
Batman_-_Dark_Tomorrow_Coverart.png

Literally unplayable. Got it penneied out at Gamestop (literally cost .01) and was pissed off about the penny I spent.

I forget if I've posted in this thread already, but it probably deserves being mentioned again that The Mark is quite bad.

It has one redeeming quality in that the writing is dumb garbage that you can snicker at on occasion.
Beyond that, it's an overwhelmingly bland, dull, generic budget PC FPS from 1999 released in 2007 that fails at basic, fundamental concepts such as movement and aiming.
It's also such a mess with its headbob, FOV, and messed up aspect ratio that playing it made me feel physically uncomfortable.

For a game to get any worse it would have to manage to somehow inspire genuine hatred in me. Because i don't hate The Mark. It's just a terrible, really bad travesty hack job.

HYDE

Banned
Knight's Contract (PS3).

I have never had a game break/crash on me...this must have never been tested. With any and all updates, this game still never allowed me to get past a bug.

Game Republic clearly was on their way out the door during this title.

Cruxist

64204_front.jpg

Anybody ever play this? I remember renting it one weekend and returning it early. I'd never done that before. It was just so bad.

Probably played worse games but the one I remember the most is 'Bad Dudes' on the Nes. I remember me and my younger brother laughing at the sheer 'badness' of this game as we played through to the end using cheat codes.

MilkyJoe

Gladiators on the Amiga, I hoped it would be like Barbarian, (the best fighting game ever)

garbage-gladiators.png

Or maybe Wizball - What the fuck was the point of this

wizball_2.gif

originalshez

Neo Member
Friend of mine back in the day lent me a game called Lucky Luke for the PS1. Jesus that was a pile of shit. Stuck at it for 2 hours and then sacked it off and replayed MGS to get the taste out.

This is a hard one. I have games that I was very disappointed with (Star Fox Adventures) and others that I personally hate but I wouldn't say they're the worst (Final Fantasy II; Hyperdimension Neptunia)

I gotta honestly say that it's between Dragon Ball Z Sagas and Playstation All-Star Battle Royale

Super Smash Bros 4.
Shockingly awful. Worse than Sonic Boom and SFxT

Super Smash Bros 4. God that game is pure arse. I was let down by SFxT but nothing compares to the complete and utter waste that is Smash 4. I like Sonic '06 and can consider playing that again, Smash 4 can be sent to the sun. Smash 4 is worse than any game that is intentionally and unintentionally badly made.

Did you just post twice in the same thread to shit on Smash 4? lmao

Neolombax

Gold Member
Tough one... If I had to pick one, I'd say Never Dead. It was bloody hard to move around when the main character keeps exploding into pieces. Rolling around as a head trying to piece together your whole body, is not my idea of fun.

luulubuu

I think I will go with Dreamfall

I hated the mechanics, the combat, the new approach to old characters, everything.

I've probably played worse games but this one still hurts

Wiped89

In recent years, Driveclub.

There was some Worms puzzle game on PS2 that was so bad I returned it and bought Gran Turismo Concept instead, which was decent fun.

Some BMX game on GBA was pretty dreadful.

I hated Assassin's Creed games on PS3.

I have no idea what the worst game I've ever played is, because I've played 1000s of games for at least a few minutes, so it's probably some shitty browser game from 15 years ago.

The most disappointed I've ever felt playing a game was Resident Evil 5.

Fredrik

Can't remember the names of the absolute worst games I've played, probably something on Spectrum in the early 80s. But one of the most disappointing games I remember is the Amiga version/port of Last Ninja 2 by Activision. System 3 had nothing to do with it and it really shows, it´s sooo much worse than the C64 version that you can't even understand that the Amiga is a next gen computer compared to C64. The music is great but everything else, graphics, controls, animation, is so so so bad compared to the awesome C64 version. Do. Not. Ever. Play. It.

TI82

Banned
Played and beat? Probably Bioshock Infinite.

Played in general? Probably some stupid indie game on steam or maybe some horrible mobile game.

The newest age of empires comes to mind though, ruined everything good about the series with needless social integration and mobile game philosophy like the timers and levels.

64204_front.jpg

Anybody ever play this? I remember renting it one weekend and returning it early. I'd never done that before. It was just so bad.

Oh man, I'm giving this my vote. It's not broken or unplayable, and objectively, not the worst game I've ever played, but it is the worst experience I've ever had playing a game. I rented it and finished it by the next day; it was crushing to Young Me.

Objectively, the worst game I've ever played is Dragon Age 2. It is a 40 hour game that stopped developing at the 10 hour mark, with no respect for its audience, setting, or vision. Like, it's not broken or unplayable either, but given the developer's pedigree and the publisher, it should have been something... but instead it is a twisted mockery of an RPG.

Top Bottom