• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF what is your main platform for gaming

Your main platform

• PC

Votes: 192 35.8%
  • PlayStation

Votes: 236 43.9%
  • Xbox

Votes: 74 13.8%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 31 5.8%
  • Others

Votes: 4 0.7%

• Total voters

Cyberpunkd

I like the PS5 but I only play very few exclusives on it and if I can I'd rather play a game on the Xbox with a Controller battery that will last for longer than 2 hrs XD
First of all - you know it lasts more than 2 hours. Second - get a charging station. Third - stop buying spare batteries, it’s bad for the planet.

odhiex

804t26.gif
But don't you see, Sony? There are more Microsoft fans in here (PC+XBOX)...lol

Impotaku

Switch as primary, PS4 as secondary for those other games that don’t make it to switch. As I love rhythm games switch is the only console that seems to have the most and the best ones.

drganon

Mostly ps5. I use my switch mainly for exclusives. I've got a Series s, but I barely use it. Once I get around to playing starfield, it'll probably get some more usage.

Also got a crappy PC that can't really play anything. One of these days I'll get around to replacing it.

Last edited:
PS5 main for most games.
PC behind that. Might be different if I wasn't too cheap to get a better rig.
Have an XB1 with some games. No new gen stuff though.
Switch lite just to have some options for portable gaming.

Freeman76

Xbox Series X 80% of the time, have a PS5 but only use it for exclusives due to preferring Xbox ecosystem and elite V2.

Have been considering a PC to game on, but I have a 65" Oled and to get a PC to run at ultra on latest games is a LOT of dough

Killjoy-NL

PS5, been with Playstation since PS1.

Absolutely no interest in the game libraries of other platforms, except maybe Warhammer: Total War on PC and Hellblade 2 on Xbox.
But that's not worth the investment.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Xbox Series X 80% of the time, have a PS5 but only use it for exclusives due to preferring Xbox ecosystem and elite V2.

Have been considering a PC to game on, but I have a 65" Oled and to get a PC to run at ultra on latest games is a LOT of dough
My exact reasoning as well I prefer the Xbox ecosystem and hardware especially that said Elite controller vs the Ds Edge

reinking

Gold Member
My instinct was to select PS5 but I have been playing on PC more this gen than anything else. Close second for me is my phone.

My most played this gen
PC
Phone
PS5
XBSX
Switch
PSVR2 (hey Sony, can we get on this?)

PS5. Don't use my switch much anymore and occasionally use my series x. Mainly for backwards compatibility and emulators. Without those features I would have sold my series x by now.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
PlayStation pretty much covers all my gaming needs. Xbox and Nintendo have failed to retain my interest, and PC gaming is not for me these days.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I use a PC and a Switch. It seems like I don't need the others anymore. I'm keeping my PS4 in case God of War 2 comes to PS Plus. Perhaps by that time, it will also be available on PC, and in that case, I will probably play it on my PC. The only issue I have with my PC is that I've started experiencing lower back and neck pain, as well as wrist pain. I'm too lazy to connect it to a large screen and play from the couch, but maybe I'll consider that option in the future.

Flutta

Banned
I don’t have a main.

It all depends on what games i want to play and where i can play them.

Some periods i play on PC others PS5 and Switch.

WoJ

I'd say PS5 is my main platform for new stuff. I bought a Series X mainly to treat as an Xbox One X Pro for all the stuff from last gen and the BC 360 stuff. But I'm all on on Sony going forward and will also be pivoting back to Nintendo as my secondary platform after Switch 2 launches.

Hero_Select

First of all - you know it lasts more than 2 hours. Second - get a charging station. Third - stop buying spare batteries, it’s bad for the planet.
1. No it doesn't. Or it certainly doesn't feel like it.
2. I have one.
3. I have rechargeable batteries that I swap around easily

twilo99

You’ll just need 4k, lots of games look very good without need to be at ultra settings..

Still tho, you will be looking at ~$2000 unfortunately

keefged4

PC. I have all the current consoles though. PS5 for PS exclusives and Switch for dumping the cartridges to emu.. I mean Nintendo exclusives.

Top Bottom