• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF what is your main platform for gaming

Your main platform

• PC

Votes: 192 35.8%
  • PlayStation

Votes: 236 43.9%
  • Xbox

Votes: 74 13.8%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 31 5.8%
  • Others

Votes: 4 0.7%

• Total voters

Beechos

In order of what I spend time on.

Xbox
Ps5
Steamdeck
Pc
Switch

Xbox is my main - I like the quality of life/ecosystem. 3rd party machine and occasional exclusive.
Ps5 - sony exclusive machine and psvr 2
Steamdeck - portable gamepass machine
Pc - rts/emualation/vr machine
Switch - nintendo mschine

But surely we've got to have more participant members than the 330 odd responses we have received so far? I think the poll so far has been quite insightful.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
To be fair, ever PC is an Xbox.

So that’s nearly 50% Xbox/MS/Game Pass

itysl-joking.gif

Even though I have zero faith in Microsoft’s plans for it, my XSX by far. I love the way the controller feels.

I suspect it’ll be the Ps5 soon enough though - I doubt I’ll be buying big releases on the XSX for much longer.

Last edited:

00_Zer0

I am primarily a PC gamer, but own a Switch for the exclusives that only Nintendo can offer. I will always own a PC and whatever Nintendo puts out. There is no reason for me to spend extra money on an Xbox or PS console when 99 percent of what I play can be experienced on PC or on a Nintendo console.

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
PC at home and PC on the go (Steam Deck or laptop depending on the kind of trip).

My partner has a Switch in addition to that, so sometimes I play on that, too, but rarely.

DeVeAn

This gen Xbox. I tried PC in 2011, but I always had to troubleshoot. One incident that stood out was the game prototype. It had poor performance and I had a PC build that could do 60fps. Turns out that game had an issue if too many HID were connected it would tank the frame rate. Plug and play console all day now.

PS5 pretty much by default.

Xbox lost me at the Xbone reveal and nothing they've done since has convinced me to come back.

Nintendo games just don't do it for me anymore. Mario is better in 2d. Zelda has gotten too easy. I can play Fire Emblem on my phone. Metroid has been surpassed by other Metroidvanias. No interest in Pokemon.

PC is interesting, but it seems like too much work and maintenance. I just like to be able to plug and play my console. I don't want to spend time and money tinkering with a PC.

Midn1ght

I've been PC only for almost 11 years now but I'm having a hard time justifying the upgrade my PC absolutely needs (3060 Ti - i5-11600k)

I'd probably have to drop another 1K into it after selling my GPU and CPU and that's not even counting a new display (Still on a 1080p Asus)

Sometimes I see the PS5 going for 470 in my local stores and I'm thinking "yeah, I should just get one, hook it up on my 4K tv and be done with it." I'll use the SteamDeck for PC. But then I remember all the stuff that comes with consoles (Paid online, 30 fps games, expensive games, etc...) and just stick with PC.

FFVII Rebirth tho....

Roxkis_ii

I will say Playstation is my main gaming device, but only at 51% of my gaming time. The rest is spent on my gaming laptop playing lower end games. (shout to "Merto city police" my current addiction)

Xbox Series X, then PS5. I moved my digital collecting to Xbox when Backwards Compatibility became a thing and now I have almost all my games there. PS5 is basically just for Sony exclusives. I keep saying I'm going to get a switch again (had one 5 years ago), but I'm not sure I have the time, and I keep waiting for an actual upgrade to the console besides a freaking screen. I work in IT, and have a decent PC, but I'm so time limited for gaming that I'm lazy to play on it as well. I also have a load of old consoles and games, but it's been a while since I touched any of those. The only thing I need is more time!

Top Bottom