• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF what is your main platform for gaming

Your main platform

• PC

Votes: 192 35.8%
  • PlayStation

Votes: 236 43.9%
  • Xbox

Votes: 74 13.8%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 31 5.8%
  • Others

Votes: 4 0.7%

• Total voters

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
At this point it’s an even split between PS5&PC.

I’m willing to sacrifice some visual fidelity to just enjoy the massive 4k tv and sitting on my couch under a blanket.

My pc set up and wiring won’t allow for me to set it up on the TV the ps5 uses as well.

Each gets fair play these days where it was mostly PC.

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Right now Nintendo Switch.

Sometimes I have moments of infatuation with PC, and I'll be playing that alone for months. But now Nintendo Switch..

Roufianos

PS5, mainly as I prefer the controller to Xbox. I also usually sell my games once I'm done with them, and PS5 games tend to fetch higher prices.

My Series X barely gets any love outside of when Halo and Forza released, now Starfield too.

Switch is basically just a Pokemon machine, barely gets touched.

Last edited:

Maestr0

Nintendo, then PC, electricity bills is concerning, especially it's gonna go up because of all the bullshit that happened

devilNprada

I prefer convenience over performance..
All else being equal; the Switch is my preferred platform (IF) the games I want are available.
Currently though it's BG3 on PS5...

ZoukGalaxy

PlayStation by far, with PSVR 1/2, my favorite hardware since my NES.

Until Dawn Horror GIF by DeeJayOne

Last edited:

Cashon

Banned
In terms of current Gen, I own a Series X, PS5 (disc), and Switch.

I basically only play exclusives on the PS5 and Switch; Series X is for everything else, although I'll probably take advantage of Calisto Protocol coming to Plus next month.

For 2023
Switch - 40% estimated time
MiSTer FPGA - 35% estimated time
Apple (iPad/iPhone/Mac/Apple TV) - 20% estimated time
3DS - 5% estimated time

I would say I enjoy the Switch the most, but it's difficult for me to pull together large blocks of time required to complete modern 25+ hour games.

noise36

PS isn't even the majority and your PC platform is merely six points away. As always, the threshold for this "Sonygaf" meta commentary is extremely low.
Console wars here largely ignore PC, the hint is in the title.

44% PS vs 13% xbox v 5% Switch is why ever thread here is framed from a Playstation only gamer perspective.

Last edited:

zeldaring

Banned
GAF is a bunch of PS fanboys confirmed. That explains the Starfield hate.
I owned a Xbox and 360 and partly cause I was Sega famboy that sad about playstation killing dreamcast. Microsoft really hurt the X box brand with the Xbox one being so inferior to ps4 and the exclusive were so much better that gen on ps4 then Xbox.

RickMasters

Xbox
PC

Gonna be adding a switch 2 when that happens and I’m eying up the ASU’s ROG ally. I just think it’s cool. And I can HDMI it to my alpine head unit in my car.

sachos

PC was always my main platform but right now my main platform is a PS5 since my PC got quite old.

Last edited:
People always love to treat Nintendo as the "secondary" console despite it having the most exclusives and highest ratio of ownership
Thts fair. Mostly for families and western countries. In rest of the world consoles are very expensive. Most gamers go for pc as it can be used for productivity.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Me playing through RE4R's main story as Wesker with cutscene skip enabled and aiming zoom disabled reinforces my happiness with my chosen platform.

Last edited:

NeonDelta

Tends to be PC
Then PS5 for exclusives and games I want to just pick up and play without turning on my pc
Xbox one just sits there doing nothing

Depending on space after house move next year I might change this

Tams

Nintendo, but I just got a GPD Win Max 2 with the eGPU dock. So PC gaming will probably make a big comeback for me (my life just isn't conducive to a desktop, as much as I love them).

luv me sum Mario tho

So Nintendo will still be where most of my money goes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom