• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Wii Homebrew thread: Homebrew, emulators, USB disc installs! Easy tutorial!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
JEKKI said:
I rencently purchased NSMB just now... I tried to load it up with Gecko OS to bypass the update but it gave me a blue screen error of something...

is there any workaround?? I am trying to read the wiki but it is too confusing... does it really want me to take like 6 steps jus to play a game?? Im looking at it and it's like download and install trucha bug -> cios something ->ios249 -> hermes ios 222/223 -> bootmii -> startpatch

I dont understand any of that o_O I only have homebrew channel and the only reason I have and am keeping homebrew is coz I wanna play Fatal Frame!!

you don't need homebrew to play fatal frame's english translation patch

JEKKI

explain please?

don't u needa homebrew program to play import, and another homebrew to run the translation patch??

I havent done all my research on it, but that's only coz FF is one expensive game and I havent taken the initiative to put the money down for it yet.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
JEKKI said:
explain please?

don't u needa homebrew program to play import, and another homebrew to run the translation patch??

I havent done all my research on it, but that's only coz FF is one expensive game and I havent taken the initiative to put the money down for it yet.

you don't need homebrew to play the translation patch, the patch itself sorts all that out for you

Clipper

scurker said:
Did anyone with Homebrew/Netflix actually try installing the update? I plan on using USB to access the disc anyway, but I want to know what the disc is trying to actually update.

I'm on 4.2 using the safe updater, but I'm willing to install the update to see what happens. Worst case I could always fall back to a NAND backup.

JEKKI said:
I rencently purchased NSMB just now... I tried to load it up with Gecko OS to bypass the update but it gave me a blue screen error of something...

is there any workaround?? I am trying to read the wiki but it is too confusing... does it really want me to take like 6 steps jus to play a game?? Im looking at it and it's like download and install trucha bug -> cios something ->ios249 -> hermes ios 222/223 -> bootmii -> startpatch

I dont understand any of that o_O I only have homebrew channel and the only reason I have and am keeping homebrew is coz I wanna play Fatal Frame!!

For both of you, you can avoid that update by following the safe boot2v4 update. I really should add that one into the tutorial proper... JEKKI, you technically don't need IOS249 and the other stuff to do that update, but you will need to install an IOS that includes the Trucha Bug (the TBR steps of the IOS249 page) in order to run the safe boot2v4 update.

JEKKI

Thanks clipper.

i tried to run the trucha program with these instructions:

http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios249 via method 3.3-3.1 firmware,

and got an weird looking screen during step 7 with the very top stating "Exception (DSI) Occurred"

I tried to restart the whole process and am getting an error about ios 36 or something??? All I know is somehow it broke and I cant fix it??

is there a way to somehow restore or undo whatever it is that I have done so I can restart? I dont even understand what exactly I did ;_;

JEKKI

yay! I got it to work!!

I think I figured out my first problem... I think the problem was my wireless connection wasnt very good and kept making the updates abort.

I did Trucha -> safe 4.2 after like 8 tries and finally got it all working, but I still got blue screen error 002 when trying to run mario thru Gecko OS...

http://gwht.wikidot.com/avoid-disc-updates

but then I did this, hermes update and the patches thing and all works well now! I dont have to go thru a loader, I can jus select Mario disc in the main menu!!

Mario is fun but btw I hate using side mote!!!

thanks again!!

Nemesis_

Okay so I'm running 3.2U and I am trying to upgrade to 4.2

The "Safe Updater" works fine, but after downloading and installing 15 parts of the first IOS, I get an error.

ATTEMPTING TO INSTALL IOS9 v778
DOWNLOADING TITLE
Then it freezes at TMD...

and says "ERROR MAKING HTTP REQUEST" and spits out a whole bunch of stuff (including a web address to Nintendo or something).

Then it just returns me to HBC.

Anyone know how to fix this?

bh7812

Banned
Nemesis556 said:

The "Safe Updater" works fine, but after downloading and installing 15 parts of the first IOS, I get an error.

DOWNLOADING TITLE

and says "ERROR MAKING HTTP REQUEST" and spits out a whole bunch of stuff (including a web address to Nintendo or something).

That CAN'T be good :( See, it's stuff like this that's making me question whether I should even keep the Homebrew stuff on my Wii. I got VERY, no extremely lucky yesterday when I went to play Monster Hunter and Fragile without needing to update to 4.2. I haven't played NMH2 yet and afraid that's the one that's gonna want to update.

My original reason for installing the homebrew stuff was so I could play NES and Super NES stuff but I can do both on my PSP. The other reason was so I could play imports which I haven't even gotten around to buying the imports I want yet. The price of the Wii is getting almost but not quite to where I'd almost be better off buying a Euro and a Japanese Wii.

I know the update to 4.2 is going to have to happen one way or the other, probably with Mario Galaxy 2 and I want to get it over with before it gets out. I am leaning toward just re-formatting, giving up the homebrew stuff, and officially updating to 4.2. Can I just do that and avoid this whole headache?

Nemesis_

At least we have the methods now to reformat and go back to what we were. =P

But yeah, I think that Nintendo have just barred anyone from downloading IOS from them without actually doing it the proper, official way.

But I'm not sure if that's entirely true since no one else has responded. =(

JEKKI

Nemesis556 said:

DOWNLOADING TITLE

yeay the same thing was happening to me.

like I said, I think it's jus bad wireless internet connection making the updating process crap out and abort or something...

I think that's what it is.

seriously, I had to restart the trucha thing like 5 times coz I kept getting download errors, and the 4.2 update 4 times.

the 4.2 update takes a real long time to do btw. whenever it crapped out it was quite early. After it had been going on for a while successfully, I was so scared that I was gonna lose all that process and have to restart again :lol

Clipper

The safe update has always been a little unstable. It depends what time of day you try to do it and how many other people are using Nintendo's servers. It is perfectly normal and yes, you have to just keep trying it (although waiting a while will give you better luck).

bh7812 said:
I know the update to 4.2 is going to have to happen one way or the other, probably with Mario Galaxy 2 and I want to get it over with before it gets out. I am leaning toward just re-formatting, giving up the homebrew stuff, and officially updating to 4.2. Can I just do that and avoid this whole headache?

If you want the easy method, then do the boot2v4 update (which is quick and fast) and then do an official Nintendo update. You aren't using any of the other stuff that 4.2 forces you to reinstall anyway. Doing the boot2v4 thing removes the chance of you bricking, and said bricking would happen with the same probability whether you have homebrew installed or not.

Clipper

So I finally got around to finishing off the tentative upgrade page to make it the official one. The new upgrade page lists the method to perform the safe version of the boot2v4 update as I have been suggesting above.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Is there anything that would stand in the way of CFG failing to boot?

Sometimes when I load CFG from the HB Channel I get a black screen, no splash screen, and I have to unplug my brick to turn the Wii off and on again. It doesnt happen a lot, but it does happen.

Today though it happened about 5 times in a row. Is there anything that might be specifically causing this error (drive, SD, my Wii), or is it just one of those typical homebrew instability things?

Clipper

EatChildren said:
Is there anything that would stand in the way of CFG failing to boot?

Sometimes when I load CFG from the HB Channel I get a black screen, no splash screen, and I have to unplug my brick to turn the Wii off and on again. It doesnt happen a lot, but it does happen.

Today though it happened about 5 times in a row. Is there anything that might be specifically causing this error (drive, SD, my Wii), or is it just one of those typical homebrew instability things?
Where is your boot.dol for Cfg? On the SD or drive? How do you launch it?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Clipper said:
Where is your boot.dol for Cfg? On the SD or drive? How do you launch it?

SD, launches through the HB channel. Its the only app that sometimes fails to boot. I've tried doing a clean install of the settings and app itself on the SD and it doesnt make a difference.

As I said it doesnt happen often but it does happen. I wonder if its CFG trying to read my drive and crashing or something. Today was just particuarly noteworthy due to it failing to boot in succession. Had me a wee bit worried.

WiiMC would still boot fine though and read my USB. Though its reading the NTFS partition, and CFG is reading the FAT32.

Clipper

EatChildren said:
SD, launches through the HB channel. Its the only app that sometimes fails to boot. I've tried doing a clean install of the settings and app itself on the SD and it doesnt make a difference.

As I said it doesnt happen often but it does happen. I wonder if its CFG trying to read my drive and crashing or something. Today was just particuarly noteworthy due to it failing to boot in succession. Had me a wee bit worried.

WiiMC would still boot fine though and read my USB. Though its reading the NTFS partition, and CFG is reading the FAT32.
Yeah, it does sound like a drive sleeping issue, although it's surprising that it crashes, as it usually goes to the countdown in that situation. Perhaps you can try putting the boot.dol on the FAT partition and launching via forwarder (or push 1 in HBC to load the USB apps). I doubt it will help, but you never know.

Remfin

I've had that black screen happen a few times and it's only been when I start the program really fast after loading up HBC. It could be just dumb luck (I mean it's not like I've had it happen consistently), but I've started to think it's a race condition with the WiFi still trying to initialize when you start something in HBC, so I've taken to waiting until the connection light stops blinking and haven't had a black screen yet.

bh7812

Banned
Clipper said:
The safe update has always been a little unstable. It depends what time of day you try to do it and how many other people are using Nintendo's servers. It is perfectly normal and yes, you have to just keep trying it (although waiting a while will give you better luck).

If you want the easy method, then do the boot2v4 update (which is quick and fast) and then do an official Nintendo update. You aren't using any of the other stuff that 4.2 forces you to reinstall anyway. Doing the boot2v4 thing removes the chance of you bricking, and said bricking would happen with the same probability whether you have homebrew installed or not.

Thanks for the reply Clipper :) I checked out the method you suggested and that doesn't look hard at all, I should be able to do that! I just needed some advice since I've been trying to figure out how to handle that for a while now. Thanks again! :D

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Remfin said:
I've had that black screen happen a few times and it's only been when I start the program really fast after loading up HBC.

Same here, but is seems so random that I can't put my finger on it, also my HDD doesn't have "sleeping problems".

Nemesis_

Just another questions guys. I'm running the 3.2U menu and am trying to install the WAD for Homebrew Launcher (The Wii Menu style one) but it says "OPENING WAD FILE"

And then when it's installing, it stalls at "installing content #" and then just freezes up. Sometimes I get an EXCEPTION(DSI) error and sometimes it just freezes completely.

Do I have to install something besides WAD Manager + obviously homebrew channel to install a WAD properly? =/

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I've had the black screen happen to me numerous times.
It's actually not a hang. If you leave it (sometimes for upwards of 3 whole minutes), it'll eventually load the app. (Very rarely happens to me with homebrew in general, not just CFG.)

Bigfoot

Installing loader for a friend and noticed cIOS249 is at rev 19 now and it says it supports FAT now. My Wii is still using a WBFS partition as I never installed the Hermes cIOS. Can I setup loader with only a FAT partition using only cIOS249? Also, which loaders work with FAT... is it just Configurable or does GX and others support FAT now?

Clipper

Porthos said:
Installing loader for a friend and noticed cIOS249 is at rev 19 now and it says it supports FAT now. My Wii is still using a WBFS partition as I never installed the Hermes cIOS. Can I setup loader with only a FAT partition using only cIOS249? Also, which loaders work with FAT... is it just Configurable or does GX and others support FAT now?
Yes, most of the loaders now support FAT with 249 rev 19. Configurable has the best support, but I believe the GX and Wiiflow implementations are pretty good too. However, I think Cfg is the only one that will work with multiple FAT partitions.

Oh, don't forget the GWHT also has a tutorial for transferring games to FAT from WBFS.

bh7812

Banned
Ok I just had a series of stuff happen here that I'm honestly not sure how to explain how the hell it happened...we'll say for the first time in a very very long while luck was on my side.

As a few of you know I've been trying to figure out how to update safely to 4.2 without bricking my Wii. A little while ago I figured what the hell, I need to get this done with eventually so might as well do it now. I just went straight to the official System update..no boot2v4, Bootmi or anything..just did it through the System setting menu. I walked away thinking well my Wii has worked perfectly for 4 years so if it bricks it sure won't be due to hardware failure and it will be squarely my fault. Came back a little later expecting it to be bricked...

Not only did the Wii NOT brick, it survived the update to 4.2. On top of that ALL of my homebrew stuff got through the update and is still intact running under 4.2 :-0 To top all of this off, I went into the Shop channel thinking my luck's gotta run out somewhere...I now have 1300 Points that I have NO idea where the hell they came from....no clue! I haven't bought anything off there in...well quite a few months. So to sum this up, my Wii somehow survived the update to 4.2, the homebrew is all still intact and running, and I have 1300 points on my Shop channel that I cannot figure out where they came from.

Believe me, I'm not complaining..I'm downright fascinated at this..Isn't straight up updating to 4.2 without the Safe updater plus Bootmi method or Boot2v4 method asking for a guaraneed brick? And with my Wii surviving shouldn't that have pretty much meant bye bye Homebrew? Or, did I miraculously have the right combination of IOSes needed to get through that update? Or, finally, does the latest Homebrew Channel Update make it safe to go to 4.2? Really just fascinated trying to figure out how this huge break in luck just happened.

Gotta be an explanation for this..I figured I'd post this here cause some of you have a LOT of experience with this stuff and may be interested in what happened. All I know is there is one very lucky Wii here in Illinois tonight..so much for worrying about updating to 4.2 before Mario Galaxy 2! I appear to be all set now!

Clipper

Nobody ever said upgrading officially with homebrew installed was asking for a brick. The thing with the 4.2 update is that it has the same, very minor chance of bricking your Wii whether you have homebrew installed or not. I am seriously getting sick of saying this. That risk is very minor, with only 2 reports of bricks on GAF (one with homebrew, one without). The tutorial now has a complete, quite simple procedure for upgrading safely that avoids even that minor risk.

Take a look at the Upgrade FAQ page of the tutorial. It covers all the above points, including why it did not brick and why you did not lose homebrew access. Take note that you have lost BootMii if you were able to install it in boot2 before (if you were able to install it before, you can just install it again, though).

As for your points, there is an option in the Wii Menu to see your points history. Check it out and you will probably discover where those 1300 points came from.

Finally, do not assume you are home free for Galaxy 2. It is actually quite likely that Nintendo will release a 4.3 firmware with SMG 2. Nintendo's previous big attempts to block homebrew have all arrived near major releases, and it doesn't get much bigger than this.

Also, because it's a new page:

Clipper

Allan Holdsworth said:
Any way to copy locked saves and restore them to a different Wii?
StartPatch sometimes works, although I think you need to have at least played the game on both Wiis. Savegame Manager will also work on a lot of games. Some games are fully locked to the Wii they were created on, though.

fernoca

I still have doubts when it comes to IOS.. :lol :lol
Doubt..as in..WTF am I doing and why.. :lol

For example, I was making some forwarder channels/wads for the games in Configurable USB (because I got tired of seeing ConfUSB: 2 hours or something..on my played lists..when I was playing Monster Hunter..or Mario)...when I installed them using IOS249..none of them worked, but when I installed them to IOS236...all did.

Which made remember that during the "dummy guide", there was a part that said (when installing IOS249):
IOS choice depends on your Wii type. You were probably told which IOS to use at this step. If you weren't or have forgotten, use the information below. Use D-pad to select the correct IOS then press A.

* If you just now used one of the 4.2 methods above, use IOS236
So..I don't know if 236 is my Wii's default IOS..or something..then again, ConfUSB uses 249..

Then for Monster Hunter Tri I think I had to change it to 223..or something..

So many numbers..
...is there a list out there that shows what does each IOS does..and for what is required? :lol

Clipper

fernoca said:
I still have doubts when it comes to IOS.. :lol :lol
Doubt..as in..WTF am I doing and why.. :lol

For example, I was making some forwarder channels/wads for the games in Configurable USB (because I got tired of seeing ConfUSB: 2 hours or something..on my played lists..when I was playing Monster Hunter..or Mario)...when I installed them using IOS249..none of them worked, but when I installed them to IOS236...all did.
Cfg will correctly record the games and times you play if you add write_playlog=1 to config.txt. No need to install extra channels. The only restriction is that you need to access the Wii Menu before starting Cfg.

Edit: I just added all the below info to the tutorial if you want an easier way to read it.

As for the IOSes, the description is easy. Nintendo has set up a system that has 256 slots for different IOSes. Each IOS is a system that controls base features of games or menus and so on. Nintendo uses the IOSes from about 4-70 at the moment and occasionally uses new ones when needed. You can have one IOS installed into each slot and both games and homebrew apps can tell the Wii which IOS they want to use.

The Custom IOSes for Homebrew install at the larger numbers that Nintendo left open. These IOSes can be used by other homebrew applications and that is the choice you have when starting the apps (i.e., which to use, not where to install). The important ones for homebrew are:

• 202: Used by media playing apps and others that want high speed USB peripherals.
  • 222/223/224: The slots used by Hermes' IOS. This is used for USB Loading and includes the patches that allow fake signing. It can go in any of the spots to allow you to have different versions of Hermes' IOS installed at the same time.
  • 236: Used during the Trucha Bug Restoration step of the tutorial. This IOS is a hacked version of Nintendo's IOS36 that allows you to install other IOSes. Once used to install IOS249, it is no longer needed.
  • 249/250: The slots used by Waninkoko's IOS. This is used for USB Loading and includes the patches that allow fake signing. You can have different versions in the two different slots, but you need to use a few different apps and it's not really worth the trouble.
Now, the other thing to know about the Custom IOSes is the base IOSes. Both Hermes' and Waninkoko's IOS work by taking existing IOSes from Nintendo and patching in new features that allow games to use the USB and so on. There are several options for which bases to use for each of the Custom IOSes.

In v4 of Hermes' (the version recommended for Cfg) you can install any of the following versions to the 222 and/or 223 slot:

• Based from IOS38 only
  • Based from IOS38 merged with features of IOS37
  • Based from IOS38 merged with features of IOS60
v5 of Hermes' forces you to use 38 only for the 222 slot but allows a choice for the 223 and 224 slots:

• Based from IOS37 only
  • Based from IOS38 only
  • Based from IOS57 only
  • Based from IOS60 only
Waninkoko's IOS used to have a fixed base IOS, but as of rev 18 and 19 (19 is recommended) you can install the following version:

• Based from IOS37 only
  • Based from IOS38 only
  • Based from IOS57 only
With all of these choices, the only things that you really need to know are that those version installed with a base of IOS57 load games a little faster. However, you need to use one that has IOS37 features for games that utilise the USB (Wii Speak or music games in particular). MH Tri and Rock Band are examples of games that needs IOS37. Also, only certain base IOSes can include what is called the ES Identify hack. This is only needed for installing channels, and there is no reason to do that except for the ones specified in the tutorial, which use the correct choice.

The tutorial gives you the following setup:
  • 249 based on 57 - for most games.
  • 250 based on 57 - installed with IOS249 but not used.
  • 222 based on 38 merged with 37 - Use this for music games and Monster Hunter.
  • 223 based on 38 merged with 60 - There is no real use for this, but it's there.
Phew. Well, I think that's everything IOS related :).

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Hawkian said:
Yeah I don't care about discs but the 3D interface of boxes in WiiFlow is truly gorgeous.

Yeah, it's fantastic and makes it look like a professional product instead of all the other "amateurish" (but great, don't get me wrong!) loaders.

suikodan

Just wanted to recommend the GafWiki to anyone that have Homebrew on their Wii.

It's been a while since I updated my Wii (Firmware, IOSes, etc...) and I followed two procedures where both have been successful.

These were to update to the latest firmware and update Hermes' IOS.

Thanks to all of those concerned.

Mejilan

I've been using Hermes cIOS222 as my main loading/gaming IOS since rev2, I think.
But I've always stuck with the vanilla Cfg release.
What's the benefit of using the Cfg 222 releases?

Clipper

suikodan said:
Just wanted to recommend the GafWiki to anyone that have Homebrew on their Wii.

It's been a while since I updated my Wii (Firmware, IOSes, etc...) and I followed two procedures where both have been successful.

These were to update to the latest firmware and update Hermes' IOS.

Thanks to all of those concerned.
Your thanks is appreciated :D.

Mejilan said:
I've been using Hermes cIOS222 as my main loading/gaming IOS since rev2, I think.
But I've always stuck with the vanilla Cfg release.
What's the benefit of using the Cfg 222 releases?
If your current method works, then there is not much of a difference, really. A very small number of drives don't seem to work properly if you reload the IOS within the loader. When you have the plain Cfg release with ios=222-mload in config.txt, the boot procedure works like this:
  1. Reload IOS to IOS249
  2. Set up memory and prepare to read SD or USB to find config
  3. Read config.txt
  4. Detect that the config asked for a different IOS
  5. Reload IOS to IOS222
  6. Read games and image data, etc.
  7. Show gui or console

Using the -222 versions would eliminate that second reload and might save a little time during the boot process. There's not that much other difference, though, as long as the reload works.

Edit: actually, I just checked things and the reload process takes at least 0.6 seconds, so you could save that boot time by using -222 versions.

Clipper said:
StartPatch sometimes works, although I think you need to have at least played the game on both Wiis. Savegame Manager will also work on a lot of games. Some games are fully locked to the Wii they were created on, though.

I used Startpatch (since I already had used it to avoid the NSMB disc update) and copied to SD. Hopefully it works on the other Wii. Thanks for the help.

Clipper

This is just a message to those that were experiencing the HBC occasionally black screening when launching Cfg. It seems this is caused by you having a patched IOS36. If you restore a normal, unpatched IOS36 using Dop-Mii or another method, then HBC shouldn't crash when launching Cfg any more, even if you start it while the network light is flashing.

One thing to note about this is that the GWHT tutorial has never contained instructions to patch your existing IOS36. Thus, anyone who followed our tutorial correctly shouldn't be experiencing the error.

Remfin

That may make it happen more often, but it can't be the cause. My IOS36 has been clean at all times except 2 temporary times as I was messing with something that needed NAND permissions (old version of ftpii?) and I immediately reinstalled an un-patched IOS36 after.

I'm not complaining BTW, just reporting what has happened to me. It's not like it's some kind of horrible bug, and for all I know it can happen to every program (it's not like I run anything nearly as often as Config :lol).

Mejilan

Yep, I've gotten the black screen ever after clean firmware updates when, presumably, IOSes are updated to their newest, unpatched versions.
Also, I'd like to reiterate that for me, they haven't been true crashes/hangs/freezes. Every time I've actually left a black screen up, whatever I was loading would eventually continue to load; even 3-5 minutes into the apparent freeze.

Clipper

Unregistered007 said:
Hey guys I am considering getting a Black Wii, can someone tell me if Homebrew is possible ?
Read the thread title and look at post #6851 and then let us know if you still want to ask that question...

Mejilan said:
Yep, I've gotten the black screen ever after clean firmware updates when, presumably, IOSes are updated to their newest, unpatched versions.
Also, I'd like to reiterate that for me, they haven't been true crashes/hangs/freezes. Every time I've actually left a black screen up, whatever I was loading would eventually continue to load; even 3-5 minutes into the apparent freeze.
A firmware update won't update an IOS if it was already at the latest version. Thus, you could still have an unpatched IOS36.

It might also not be a case of needing an unpatched IOS36, but possibly having the latest unpatched IOS36. If you guys can check by installing the latest unpatched IOS36 and then seeing whether it ever crashes/hangs, that'd be great. Also, it'd be nice if someone experiencing the error could do the patch checking thing in Dop-Mii to check whether any of their installed Nintendo IOSes are patched or not. Perhaps the problem isn't only on IOS36. Priiloader could be causing it, for example.

Remfin

I can definitely confirm it happens with the newest, un-patched IOS36, because it just did to me :p Mine is a definite freeze--the Wiimote can't find a signal at that point and I've left it alone for over 5 minutes.

mclem

I've just got around to getting myself the external HD I asked about a couple of weeks ago. It's awesome, but my word, it's a long slog dumping all my games onto it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
one question - hope you guys can help me out

bootmii cant be installed on my new black pal wii as boot2 - does it make sense to install priiloader to make it more brick proof compared to bootmii as an ios installation ?

Clipper

cw_sasuke said:
one question - hope you guys can help me out

bootmii cant be installed on my new black pal wii as boot2 - does it make sense to install priiloader to make it more brick proof compared to bootmii as an ios installation ?

It's up to you. There is some risk to installing Priiloader, but if you are careful you'll be OK. On the other hand, unless you do something really stupid, you won't brick your console, so you will be OK without it. Prevention is better than protection.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Clipper said:
It's up to you. There is some risk to installing Priiloader, but if you are careful you'll be OK. On the other hand, unless you do something really stupid, you won't brick your console, so you will be OK without it. Prevention is better than protection.

Thanks, i guess i wont bother installing it then - im just using media center, scumm vm and the usb loader on my wii .... so i guess i will be safe :)

gimz

i have a question, i had homebrew and usbloader and every installed in my wii a while ago, but i back it up to an sd card, so when i dont need to use it i usually take it out from the wii, and now my sd card is missing (surprise) and my homebrew channel is gone as well

do i need to reinstall every thing from scratch again??

Clipper

gimz said:
i have a question, i had homebrew and usbloader and every installed in my wii a while ago, but i back it up to an sd card, so when i dont need to use it i usually take it out from the wii, and now my sd card is missing (surprise) and my homebrew channel is gone as well

do i need to reinstall every thing from scratch again??
I guess you never upgraded HBC before upgrading the Wii? That's the only thing that would have deleted the HBC. If that's the case, the only thing left on your Wii is probably IOS250. That means you have to do everything again, but not all of it from scratch.

You can follow the 'updating' instructions for IOS249 (as if you've updated by Nintendo in-between) but everything else you have to do clean. Alternatively, just follow all the steps from scratch as there is nothing that should go wrong if you do.

Top Bottom