• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFers: what do you assume "FoneBone" means?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoneBone

I've been told by 2 people in the past two days that they associate the term "fone bone" with phone sex. This is, needless to say, a rude awakening...

Fone Bone is actually the main character in the all-ages comic Bone, for those not aware. He's the white thing in my avatar.

kumanoki

FoneBone said:
I've been told by 2 people in the past two days that they associate the term "fone bone" with phone sex. This is, needless to say, a rude awakening...

Fone Bone is actually the main character in the all-ages comic Bone, for those not aware. He's the white thing in my avatar.

I just assumed it was a proper name. Like 'Sade' or 'Cher'. Or 'Sting'.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
phone sex would be my obvious conclusion if I had ever thought about it given that I have no idea what the Bone comic is.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I guess if I didn't know about Bone and heard it said without any descriptive context, yeah, my mind might link it with phone sex.

xsarien

daedsiluap
I honestly never put much thought into it. But as someone who's not familiar with the comic, um, yeah, eh...make it three. :p

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Be-Ah-Hui said:
I thought it was a musical instrument, kinda like a trombone

I knew I had seen that dragon somewhere before when I was watching Dave the Barbarian the other day. That show is quite messed up. :lol

Anyway, somehow I knew of the comic Bone, but I don't remember why.

ohamsie

Is Fone Bone the one with the cigar and hat or the one with the black shirt with a star on it?

Also is there like a collected works of the Bone comics? What little I read so long ago was pretty good.

totoro'd

RevenantKioku said:
I knew I had seen that dragon somewhere before when I was watching Dave the Barbarian the other day. That show is quite messed up. :lol

yep, loves me some Dave the Barbarian, Faffy always cracks me up :)

Drek

Thats what I assumed it refered to, the avatar was a tip as well. Not a bad comic back in the day when it first started up, haven't kept up on comics in years though.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Be-Ah-Hui said:
yep, loves me some Dave the Barbarian, Faffy always cracks me up :)

Is that the monkey? (NOT A MONKEY!)
I IMDB'd up the voice actors and was quite surprised, most of them I actually had heard before, it was quite crazy.

Tarazet

I thought it meant phone sex until now. Now I just feel like I feel pretty much whenever I enter a random GAF pop-culture thread: out of the loop...

totoro'd

RevenantKioku said:
Is that the monkey? (NOT A MONKEY!)
I IMDB'd up the voice actors and was quite surprised, most of them I actually had heard before, it was quite crazy.

:lol that's funny, Fang is Dave's sister, the little girl who everyone thinks is a monkey

Faffy is the little dragon

NLB2

Banned
sonarrat said:
I thought it meant phone sex until now. Now I just feel like I feel pretty much whenever I enter a random GAF pop-culture thread: out of the loop...
Dude, that comic strip has got to be part of one of the dorkiest of geek subcultures. Don't worry about being out of the loop, in fact take it as a blessing :)

Tarazet

NLB2 said:
Dude, that comic strip has got to be part of one of the dorkiest of geek subcultures. Don't worry about being out of the loop, in fact take it as a blessing :)

You're performing Bruckner - you must be right.

I just assumed you were some sort of diminutive fellow who loves Moby Dick and has a really hard time expressing his amorous feelings towards someone with a flowery name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom