• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
If Launch is scum, TB
If Launch is town, AB or xam
What. The. Hell.

No seriously in what world does one scum player bus another scum player when there is a clear scapegoat right in front of them AND neither of them are the hidden scum player!?!

I get you aren't directly calling me scum, but come on!

What. The. Hell.

No seriously in what world does one scum player bus another scum player when there is a clear scapegoat right in front of them AND neither of them are the hidden scum player!?!

*werewolf 1 flashbacks*
I also can see you being scum if launch is scum

Ty4on

I don't have any real read of Scrafty, but I feel her late D1 vote was a little weird for a scum to do (just brought unwanted attention). I don't like her low attention, but she was caught up in the memcache error and I don't find her claim that hard to believe.

Wee I also don't have much of a read on, but my gut says town. She's been more reasonable than in Batman (which initially made me a little suspicious), but it seems genuine and not like an act.

I'm going to work now and probably won't be here for the day end, but I still want people to pressure Bronx. I really didn't like the backpedal he made when I asked for clarification and he believed Launch's claim before Launch made the full claim.

I had almost forgotten about this, but it reminded me of the town read I gave of her. It wasn't that strong so I didn't feel super confident, but I still found it really weird for her as scum to make that late vote on a townie D1 when the lynch was sort of settled. Usually scum stays out of possible trouble.

Did you breadcrumb that Bronx was town
I don't believe so, no. I was going to use him to systematically test everyone I'm suspicious of, but if I'm going to die then everyone should at least have someone to trust.

This is what initially got me suspicious of Scrafty. A good breadcrumb would have settled the deal and I knew she had been pushed in NV for a hard to understand breadcrumb.

Later when I thought about I didn't understand her insistence on holding the target hidden. Even if scum killed them she'd still learn whether the second target was scum.

I also really didn't like the clearing of Bronx. Not because it itself looked fishy, but because I felt like I had a comfortable lead and all of a sudden that got turned upside down. My comfortable opinion for a long time after that was Scrafty was scum covering another scum. Occam's Razor makes it painfully obvious that it probably wasn't the case, but it had the path of least resistance and helped keep me suspicious of Scrafty.

------------------------------------

I didn't interact a lot with Wee and never made a read of her. My gut impression was that she stuck out a lot and I always lean town with people that do. She also felt more involved than in Batman where she was neutral.
Before Scrafty claimed I had a short conversation with Wee FWIW. I tried to argue why I thought her vote was townie and didn't understand Wee's position. I didn't make much of a read on her and mainly just scratched my head.

Ty4on

Well, in case you guys turbo, I would look at AB or Ty4on next phase. AB, I've said what I needed to about that, especially if Camjo is not an arso. Ty4on, I'm not sure. Lots of coasting there and I can't get a solid read on him. Maybe it's the mask.

You're not trying either. I tried to contact you D1 in response to the vote, but you never replied.

CzarTim

What. The. Hell.

Hidden scum player as if main scum would know? Anyway, I do not think you are scum, burb asked me to pick one and my read on the situation depends heavily on Launch's flip.

Where the fuck is this causality even coming from?

I am most suspicious of the AB and Xam votes on wee, but don't think either are on the scum team with you for obvious reasons.

CzarTim

I am actually wondering if we had 3 main scum + hidden partner given two neutrals and the fact that kalor had an ability.

Ty4on

Hidden scum player as if main scum would know? Anyway, I do not think you are scum, burb asked me to pick one and my read on the situation depends heavily on Launch's flip.
Sorry if you've already clarified this, but what pushes Terra up if Launch flips scum?

Burbeting

Banned
I am actually wondering if we had 3 main scum + hidden partner given two neutrals and the fact that kalor had an ability.

I sort of doubt it, Retro had 3+1 in Night Vale, and people complained afterwards about the balance being too skewed towards town.

Burbeting

Banned
Who do you think those three still alive are?

I believe they are in the list of 10 people who haven't claimed yet. Can't pinpoint closer yet, but I do tHinksey that list will overlap with the people who either tried to save weemadarthur, or was absent during D2 end.

There might obviously be scum within claims too. Launch is most suspicious in that list, followed by xam. I can buy there being two motion trackers.

Burbeting

Banned
Well, actually the list is 9 people after Camjo claimed.

I just can't see a situation where scum would actively try to lynch their godfather, which leaves AbsolutBro out. Roy and Ty4on I town read for now. Salva seems little unlikely as well. So that leaves BSP, Timeaisis, CzarTim, Fireblend and Seath.

Ty4on

I believe they are in the list of 10 people who haven't claimed yet. Can't pinpoint closer yet, but I do tHinksey that list will overlap with the people who either tried to save weemadarthur, or was absent during D2 end.

There might obviously be scum within claims too. Launch is most suspicious in that list, followed by xam. I can buy there being two motion trackers.
So:
Fireblend (Salva)
Seath (AFK)
BSP (AFK)
SalvaPot (AFK, can't self vote)
Timeaisis (AFK)
Maybe me (I doubt I would have been able to vote in the last minute)

Are on the top for either being unavailable or on Salva? I guess we could add Ourobolus (Salva) as well. Who knows, making that a scum role would be kind of clever.

Burbeting

Banned
So:
Fireblend (Salva)
Seath (AFK)
BSP (AFK)
SalvaPot (AFK, can't self vote)
Timeaisis (AFK)
Maybe me (I doubt I would have been able to vote in the last minute)

Are on the top for either being unavailable or on Salva? I guess we could add Ourobolus (Salva) as well. Who knows, making that a scum role would be kind of clever.

That's the idea. I know there is lot of AFK folk in there, but it could explain why weemadarthur wasn't saved that day. Most of Salva voters have claimed a role so far.

In regards to Salva, I'm bothered that why Kalor didn't vote for him to save weemadarthur.

Burbeting

Banned
I just feel that D2 is key to lot of questions right now. Weemad's survival must have been a priority to scum... Unless they weren't around to see what was happening.

Ty4on

Mostly process of elimination.

My scum list is launch, time, BSP, and then maybe seath or a wild card like Roy fwiw
What makes Terra poke through if Launch is scum?
I forgot about fire. He started of strong but he's been blendy the last few days
I have the same read. He was my only real town read into D2, but hasn't made much of an impression after that.
I'd love to hear more from him because I can genuinely see him being town, but his vote on D2 was obviously suspicious.

Burbeting

Banned
Launchpad and Ouro are obviously suspicious with their votes. I believe Ouro to be neutral for now, since the drinks don't seem to be harmful. With launch I'm less sure.

CzarTim

What makes Terra poke through if Launch is scum?

I have the same read. He was my only real town read into D2, but hasn't made much of an impression after that.
I'd love to hear more from him because I can genuinely see him being town, but his vote on D2 was obviously suspicious.

You're missing the context of the question asked of me.

Tim, if we assume there could be a scum voting for Weemad in day 2, who do you think it would most likely be?

I was asked to assume there was a scum voter on wee.

I find xam and ab's vote most suspicious given they came right at the end, but I do not think either are on the scum team with Launch. I also think Launch is scum. So in this scenario, by process of elimination, I think tb would most likely be scum. If I had to pick one of the md's as scum, it would be tb. But generally speaking there are people I find far more scummy than tb so it's moot.

nin1000

Banned
You're missing the context of the question asked of me.

I was asked to assume there was a scum voter on wee.

I find xam and ab's vote most suspicious given they came right at the end, but I do not think either are on the scum team with Launch. I also think Launch is scum. So in this scenario, by process of elimination, I think tb would most likely be scum. If I had to pick one of the md's as scum, it would be tb. But generally speaking there are people I find far more scummy than tb so it's moot.

My man :)

CzarTim

I just don't want people to get bored because it's no fun sitting around with your vote on the same person for the whole day phase.

Ty4on

I just don't want people to get bored because it's no fun sitting around with your vote on the same person for the whole day phase.
Vo-ting... What's that?

I might have heard if it, but I don't think I participate in it.

On a more serious note I think D2 of Love Boat is a tale of the risks, but also the rewards of holding a turbo back.

CzarTim

Scum team played that terribly though. teammate was caught red handed and they tried to save them for what? One extra day alive.

Kevyt

Again, how does a turbo help us catch scum when we still have more than 24 hours in the day?

Seriously....

Like seriously....

Ty4on

Scum team played that terribly though. teammate was caught red handed and they tried to save them for what? One extra day alive.
What if we make Camjo the neutral as he claimed (heck, could be a Tanner :p ) and, say, Launch into the scum?

not a mod but

launchpadmcq (4)
terrabyte20xx 2275
nin1000 2343 (2413)
absolutbro 2364
xamtheking 2622
camjo-z 2631

timeasis (0)
nin1000 2291 (2343)

absolutbro (0)
launchpadmcq 2296 (2360)

czartim (0)
xamtheking 2315 (2572)

bananaspaceprincess (2)
burbeting 2327
seath 2569

camjo-z (7)
ourobolus 2359
launchpadmcq 2360
timeaisis 2372
roytheone 2408
bananaspaceprincess 2410
nin1000 2413 (2461)
camjo-z 2525 (2631)
xamtheking 2572 (2622)
czartim 2574 (2591)
nin1000 2617
czartim 2633

seath (1)
ty4on 2459
czartim 2460 (2565)
nin1000 2461 (2617)

Ty4on

nah fam

3p killers gots to get got
I agree.
Again, how does a turbo help us catch scum when we still have more than 24 hours in the day?

Seriously....

Like seriously....
Town isn't rational. I'm not for a turbo right now, but the rationale is that even with a confirmed bad guy town can still talk themselves out of it and vote someone else out.

Another thing is people can get bored and discussion can die out. I remember in Danganronpa we knew 100% someone were scum, but didn't turbo them. While we obviously voted them out I think that day ended up demotivating people because nothing really happened. Town had also lost a town leader, but it felt like that day removed some of town's morale for the rest of the game.

I'm not really for a turbo because I don't feel like the conversation has halted.

Camjo-Z

Town isn't rational. I'm not for a turbo right now, but the rationale is that even with a confirmed bad guy town can still talk themselves out of it and vote someone else out.

tumblr_myw60la39T1s9lptno1_500.gif

Also, reminder that this "confirmed bad guy" will, if not killed today:

- still be around tomorrow
- only kill two people maximum without further dousing (a neutral who will leave anyway and a guy who still hasn't claimed or been confirmed)
- potentially continue to be roleblocked
- possibly be killed by paranoid maf

When the flip happens, please make sure to lynch all the schmucks who've been trying to convince the rest of town that this is not the case, starting with the scummiest ones first of course.

Top Bottom