• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

How would your death implicate him?

I mentioned all of my targets before the start of the night phases, except for Fireblend who I had to change last minute. I namedropped weemad before he was lynched. You'd only have to look at my posts around the end of the day phase.

Timeaisis

So let me get this straight...

One of the following is true:
1) Launch is lying out his ass
2) Ty is scum and tried to kill someone last night, but was jailed
3) Someone tried to kill Ty last night and Launch blocked it
4) None of those things happened, and something else made the kill not go through. Back to square one.

Ty hasn't really crossed my mind as scum at all, but anything is possible. But I can totally see scum going for a Ty kill last night. He's a very strong town player, and it would be hard to glean suspicion from his death. So I could see Launch jailing him and protecting him from a kill. Or it could just be #4, which leaves us with basically nothing. I guess the big question is whether we trust Launch or not. We'd be loosing a pretty big asset if we lynched him and he is who he says he is. That being said, the circumstances surrounding his roleclaim does not make me trust him.

Is that what we've got? Ty, forgive me if this was covered, but you were not notified of anything happening to you last night, correct?

Ty4on

What is your take on this?

Take into account that launch actually thinks he protected you from a scum kill, not that he protected someone else from you.
I want to take a deeper look at RNH/Seath and Fire jailing. Those are the only two that are confirmed by someone else.
I'm also a bit confused by the fake claim. It makes very little sense in my eyes for a townie to fake claim something they say can be disproven. It seems better suited scum who knows more about town roles from extrapolating their own.

I can maybe see scum targeting me as Burb claimed commuter and most people have town read me. One issue I've always had with Launch though is he's often thrown shade at me, but never seemed to bother reading me.

For Launch I'm now especially curious about targeting Fire. You seemed to hint at it in D2 with a slight town read (asking why people voted him D1). I'd also still like your answers about D2 thoughts, especially now that they tie better into your role.

nin1000

Banned
I will put down a town scum read list in a while. I never did this in this game but I think at this stage it is very important for town to know what I am thinking.

roytheone

My reaction to these new launch reveals:

giphy.gif

Yeah, I don't believe him at all. If he really was a strong pr that did a fake claim trying to be safe there were way better ones to do. Ones that didn't involve confusing our other PR's and wasn't destined to come out as fake at some point. Salva also makes a good point that if it turned out Retro wouldn't shuffle the tables every night, Launch little gambit would have crashed and burned right there. For a very important town pr he took a heck of a lot of risks just to "be safe". And then his targets fit nice and perfect to things we already know. Very convenient.

I guess you can kinda make a lot of these arguments too argue a scum wouldn't make these weird plays, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the plan all along: make a ridiculous gamble and hope people go "well, that is to crazy for scum to do". I remember some people even making this exact argument against Launch being scum.

You guys are really making me feel like shit

This is very ironic considering the bullshit you pulled at the end of day 1.

nin1000

Banned
My reaction to these new launch reveals:

giphy.gif

Yeah, I don't believe him at all. If he really was a strong pr that did a fake claim trying to be safe there were way better ones to do. Ones that didn't involve confusing our other PR's and wasn't destined to come out as fake at some point. Salva also makes a good point that if it turned out Retro wouldn't shuffle the tables every night, Launch little gambit would have crashed and burned right there. For a very important town pr he took a heck of a lot of risks just to "be safe". And then his targets fit nice and perfect to things we already know. Very convenient.

I guess you can kinda make a lot of these arguments too argue a scum wouldn't make these weird plays, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the plan all along: make a ridiculous gamble and hope people go "well, that is to crazy for scum to do". I remember some people even making this exact argument against Launch being scum.

At this stage I am OK with him gone. He was not straight with us and him dying will be the most honest thing he will do in this game.

VOTE: LaunchpadMcQ

Burbeting

Banned
Okay... let's see.

Launch, what the hell? If you are really a jailor, why did you claim a role that was going to be this easy to prove to be real or not? You should've thought that out much better, claiming a role that would potentially mess up 50% of roles targeting (when you claimed, you didn't know of any powers) would be easily found out to be true or not true.

However... I don't know what to think. This Jailor claim would finally explain what happened to those disappeared drinks, and Launch's "gotcha" moment on AB yesterday. It would explain some of his actions, while not others. So I have to think about this.

Burbeting

Banned
4) None of those things happened, and something else made the kill not go through. Back to square one.

Ty hasn't really crossed my mind as scum at all, but anything is possible. But I can totally see scum going for a Ty kill last night. He's a very strong town player, and it would be hard to glean suspicion from his death. So I could see Launch jailing him and protecting him from a kill. Or it could just be #4, which leaves us with basically nothing. I guess the big question is whether we trust Launch or not. We'd be loosing a pretty big asset if we lynched him and he is who he says he is. That being said, the circumstances surrounding his roleclaim does not make me trust him.

I doubt scum would try to kill Ty last night. I mean, there has been lot of role claims already, surely they would try to kill one of those?

However, I don't know if Jailing Ty means he is scum. The possibility still is that the scum tried to target me last night, which would have resulted in no-kill as well.

Burbeting

Banned
What I'm scared of right now is that if Ty is not scum, flipping launch would potentially make us lose the jailor, and then make the town chase potentially town Ty4on.

Obviously Ty might be scum as well, though.

Burbeting

Banned
If Launch is town, then scum has a roleblocker. No way does the town have two Roleblocker-type of powers.

I'm returning my vote for now to BSP.

VOTE: BananaSpacePrincess

I need to think through the implications of Launch'es claim.

Ty4on

For Launch I'm now especially curious about targeting Fire. You seemed to hint at it in D2 with a slight town read (asking why people voted him D1). I'd also still like your answers about D2 thoughts, especially now that they tie better into your role.
Correction, D3.

-------------

I think it's important to figure out if we can find support for Launch's claim. I'm most interested in the jails that stopped the drinks to RNH and Fire. What I'm most interested is if the breadcrumbing makes sense and if Launch is breadcrumbing other people or specific. If not, lynch, if yes we could ask if scum could have caused the drinks getting lost. The latter I'm having a bit of an issue with unless they have a unique role.

I'm maybe giving Launch too much of a benefit of the doubt, but if he's lying there should be holes in this theory. Being too vague is also a hole so look for other breadcrumbs that mention unrelated people. That's why I'm interested in his thoughts (especially D2) to figure out his actions. Him wanting to lynch Wee the day after kind of makes sense of he wanted to jail her.
One thing I just remembered is it's kind of weird Launch didn't target Scrafty or Bronx, not just to clear them, but also to prove his role. Especially Bronx after scum targeted Scrafty.

-------------

Would an Ourobolus lynch be a decent idea? For me the drinks are a big part of why I'm giving Launch the benefit of the doubt, but we don't know what Ouro really is. Even if Ouro isn't lying his win condition could make him vote against us in late game.

Ty4on

I doubt scum would try to kill Ty last night. I mean, there has been lot of role claims already, surely they would try to kill one of those?

However, I don't know if Jailing Ty means he is scum. The possibility still is that the scum tried to target me last night, which would have resulted in no-kill as well.
Who do you think were most likely targeted by scum?

-Nin
-Terra
-Xam
-Maaaybe you
?

It might be worth keeping in mind that with Nin and Terra scum knows who they will target and can plan accordingly.

roytheone

In the meantime: Roy, who are your top scum outside of Launch? Arsonist is now dead, so I'm expecting more brain-work from now on.

I don't feel good about nin. He is all over the map with his suspicions, focusing waaaaay to much on the motion detector pings. Those are usable in combination with other things, but I think that just on their own they are not that useful, and putting to much importance to them will most likely fuck us over. Up till now they have been more a detriment to town forcing people to claim they didn't move then that they actually helped us. I also don't like how Nin was pretty suspicious of Launch, then stopped pushing Launch for some reason, and now that he is pretty much certain to be the lynch candidate today, Nin is back to pushing Launch. If launch is scum, that would reflect badly on Nin. The one thing that speaks in his favor is his vote on Weemad on day 2. I still think scum was on that vote, but either A) very early, and were forced to keep it on Weemad when the train gained steam to prevent looking like obvious scum, or B) At the very end, when it was getting obvious Weemad was beyond saving, and they realized that having no scum on that vote would be bad, so they quickly threw one of them on the vote. Nin however voted for Weemad when the train was starting to roll out, but was far from full steam. That is not a point I would expect Weemad voting scum to jump on. So I find nin very suspicious, but the timing of his Weemad vote keeps me from being convinced he is scum.

AbsolutBro I mostly suspect from the way he reacted on us thinking he is the arsonist. He reacted pretty fiercely to that, a bit like a scum who is successful in pretending not to be scum, but now almost gets lynched because town thinks he is a neutral. That has to be frustrating. Also, his vote on Weemad was in the B category, I wouldn't be surprised if they realized saving Weemad would become difficult, and that if they failed, having no scum on the Weemad vote would be very bad for them.

BSP is barely playing, and even worse, barely voting. That doesn't necessarily make her scum, but it does give us very little to go on, which will become a problem if we end up nearing Lylo. She could become a serious problem later on.

Timeaisis is blendy mcblenderson. He posts, he says things, but he is completely flying under the radar. If I look through the player list, at least with BSP I go: "oh yeah, she is the one that is barely playing", while with time I go: "uuuuh, nope, have nothing". Very blendy, posting enough to appear active, but at the same time keeping at the background.

Ty4on

Oh, I thought about posting this D1, but completely forgot.

I'm AbsolutBro, Ascetic Bulletproof Serial Killer Cop blah blah blah. Still and ordinary.
I'm not sure if it really means anything, but the unique fluff mentions how well a bodyguard role would suit me and is kinda hinting that there is no bodyguard in this game. Doesn't confirm it though.

--------------------------
Hmm. I think the N1 second person has it but is just not admitting it. Meanwhile, if Fireblend really didn't receive one, it seems we have a visitor role in play. Or, heck, if the second guess is true, then Ouros second cup could have gone to someone who was visited/blocked.

Fireblend, did you receive a message of being visited last night?
Launch's fake claim is still weird as hell, but posts like these give his current claim some support.

I'm (again) really curious from Launch's perspective what he was thinking here with his role having a direct connection to Ouro's claim.

Ty4on

Should say AN ordinary...

If we're talking probability here, I think it's more likely my ability worked the way it did and your drink was given to someone else than the circumstances which blocked Fireblend from receiving his happened twice. There are few common denominators between the two instances.
Also, why double down so much on your fake claim? This was leading town in the wrong direction and made you look that much more suspicious. I would have retracted my earlier claim ASAP and be done with it like a band aid.

From a Launch as scum perspective I think it's interesting only neutral roles of those claimed have had the ability to confirm Launch's ability.

Ty4on

[...]

What do you make of his breadcrumbs then? They're not conclusive, but what would a scum do them for?
[...]
I'd like to look more into RNH next phase, in particular. I'm not really sure what to make of him. He'd be a good place to start next phase, but we'll see what happens.
This seems to be his code word, I'd like to look at them tomorrow. He used it for Wee as well which explains why he didn't write anything for Fire apart from a slight town read the next day.
Call it a hunch, but I think we'll know more about the arso tomorrow.
I couldn't find one directly linked to AB, but this one seems linked. Either way he was clearly suspicious and the accusation the next day supports it quite well.

He could be a scum role, but I don't see one which would block Ouro's drinks. Ouro could also be scum, but he has been very suspicious of Launch and I think Wee as well.

Ty4on

VOTE: roytheone

You seem a bit too safe and I don't have any real town read or reason to believe you're town apart from being town read by other people.

I'd also like an answer to my questions ^^

roytheone

What do you make of his breadcrumbs then? They're not conclusive, but what would a scum do them for?

This seems to be his code word, I'd like to look at them tomorrow. He used it for Wee as well which explains why he didn't write anything for Fire apart from a slight town read the next day.

I couldn't find one directly linked to AB, but this one seems linked. Either way he was clearly suspicious and the accusation the next day supports it quite well.

He could be a scum role, but I don't see one which would block Ouro's drinks. Ouro could also be scum, but he has been very suspicious of Launch and I think Wee as well.

Outside of that RNH breadcrumb, he didn't really breadcrumb who he would target beforehand, unless I missed it. If he did that for all his 4 claimed targets, maybe I could believe that. But for 1 out of 4? That's not that convincing to me.

I slept on it, and you know what, no. You guys are definitely blowing this out of proportion and I would be extremely wary of anyone trying to ride this "oh god you've hurt us so bad!" reasoning to the lynch (roy's post above stands out.) How many hard fact conclusions have we drawn from my supposed N1 switch?

-Ouro's second drink was lost. I claimed responsibility for it and I told him directly.
-Scrafty was on table 1, so no reads misinformation
-The trackers were on table 1, so no activity misinformation

Anything else? You keep saying I led you down the wrong direction, but I've done nothing of the sort. If anyone had any real information, then I would agree, but my reveal made us go from being confused to being only slightly confused. Besides which, if you think town was reeling from this, I would imagine scum was feeling at the very least the same way up until now.

What is your take on this?

Take into account that launch actually thinks he protected you from a scum kill, not that he protected someone else from you.

No, I don't think that's what happened; that was my intent, but since bringing this claim forward and have others weigh on it, if Ty4on claimed ordinary and scum believed him, there's a very small chance he would have been targeted over other roles.

My D2 intent was to block weemad; when the tide turned, it went to protecting Fireblend. It was a last minute decision. Truthfully, I didn't know much of what to make of Fireblend at that point. He plays like town, with few exceptions, and I don't have reason to believe he has done anything untowards. Seeing as how he was blocked and has no response to that, plus he didn't move on N4, I think he's ordinary town.

Okay... let's see.

Launch, what the hell? If you are really a jailor, why did you claim a role that was going to be this easy to prove to be real or not? You should've thought that out much better, claiming a role that would potentially mess up 50% of roles targeting (when you claimed, you didn't know of any powers) would be easily found out to be true or not true.

However... I don't know what to think. This Jailor claim would finally explain what happened to those disappeared drinks, and Launch's "gotcha" moment on AB yesterday. It would explain some of his actions, while not others. So I have to think about this.

Was it easy to disprove? It took us this long.

If Launch is town, then scum has a roleblocker. No way does the town have two Roleblocker-type of powers.

I'm returning my vote for now to BSP.

VOTE: BananaSpacePrincess

I need to think through the implications of Launch'es claim.

Ok, actually, I think this is valid, so let me throw my suspicions out there.

I'm assuming the RB has the same table restrictions as me. As such, we have definitive instance of a player being blocked (Camjo) on N3. So, looking at the first table for D3 end, crossing out the names that we know aren't the RB:

Time
BSP
Fireblend
Roy
RNH/Seath

I actually remember scratching out Roy's name from this list at one point, but I don't remember why. Maybe it was a mistake. I scratched out Fireblend for the above reasoning, that he's probably ordinary based on the lack of response to my action and the lack of activity N4. The RB is almost definitely among the four left over.

Outside of that RNH breadcrumb, he didn't really breadcrumb who he would target beforehand, unless I missed it. If he did that for all his 4 claimed targets, maybe I could believe that. But for 1 out of 4? That's not that convincing to me.

The way I was riding AB as arso D3, that much should have been obvious, but...

Things look pretty fucked for tonight. I hope the doc protects Bronx and the RB blocks AB, but it doesn't seem like it'll happen so easily.

As for D4, I made it really early in the day because it was looking like a turbo:

Well, in case you guys turbo, I would look at AB or Ty4on next phase. AB, I've said what I needed to about that, especially if Camjo is not an arso. Ty4on, I'm not sure. Lots of coasting there and I can't get a solid read on him. Maybe it's the mask

Ty4on

I mentioned all of my targets before the start of the night phases, except for Fireblend who I had to change last minute. I namedropped weemad before he was lynched. You'd only have to look at my posts around the end of the day phase.

And if we go back to D2:
[...]
Meanwhile, I believe weemad is something to keep an eye on going forward. I'll see what's what with him next phase.
RNH is a very important crumb in my opinion because if Ouro is telling the truth he is proving his ability to stop drinks getting to individuals. It's a shame we don't have anything on Fire, but for what its worth this was before Ouro claimed:
[...]
So, what was the deal with Fireblend Day 1? Why did people want him lynched?

AB he didn't give the same "I think we should look at him tomorrow", but had lynched died and flipped jailer I don't think it would have been hard to put two and two together and figure out he jailed the person he was gunning after for being the arsonist.

His full claim has some more breadcrumbs.

Ty4on

I slept on it, and you know what, no. You guys are definitely blowing this out of proportion and I would be extremely wary of anyone trying to ride this "oh god you've hurt us so bad!" reasoning to the lynch (roy's post above stands out.) How many hard fact conclusions have we drawn from my supposed N1 switch?

-Ouro's second drink was lost. I claimed responsibility for it and I told him directly.
-Scrafty was on table 1, so no reads misinformation
-The trackers were on table 1, so no activity misinformation

Anything else? You keep saying I led you down the wrong direction, but I've done nothing of the sort. If anyone had any real information, then I would agree, but my reveal made us go from being confused to being only slightly confused. Besides which, if you think town was reeling from this, I would imagine scum was feeling at the very least the same way up until now.

My issue with this is you could have. I mean, it's really fucking lucky all of our investigative roles were on table 1 and we didn't discard a bunch of useful information because of a fake claim. Even if you could step in the moment someone claimed it was possible for a potential investigative role to investigate something N1 on table 2 not claim (or even crumb) thinking it was useless.

Burbeting

Banned
Launch, it deemed to be not easy to prove, but you wouldn't know that in D1 when you claimed. At that point you shouldn't have had any idea what kind of roles this game would have, so that claim was "a shot in the dark" to say.

Also it sure is interesting that the list of potential scum-RB almost completely overlaps with people who have been blendy. Hm.

roytheone

One thing I find really weird about Launch his claimed power is that it is a day command. I see no real reason why the jailor command would have to be send in during the day, especially when we have a confirmed power that could switch seating around during the day. Launch, what would happen if you put in a command to block someone, but Xam then switched the tables and suddenly his target is on another table? Will the command fail? But if RNG determines your target is still on the same table as you it will succeed? That seems a bit weird to me. It is a weird detail of how his power works, however, that also makes me think if a scum fake claiming would add that detail, instead of going for the more normal jailor claim. Slightly related post of launch that caught my eye:

Well, in case you guys turbo, I would look at AB or Ty4on next phase. AB, I've said what I needed to about that, especially if Camjo is not an arso. Ty4on, I'm not sure. Lots of coasting there and I can't get a solid read on him. Maybe it's the mask.

Where the fuck is this causality even coming from? lol

I'm ready for turbo now.

If launch is speaking the truth, this post as a breadcrumb actually makes a lot of sense. He has put in his jail command towards ty4on, so he singles out him as a hint that he was his target, plus the "I'm ready for turbo now" since he has already put in his command (I assume that a quick turbo before putting in his command would be seen as a "no command" by retro).

Roy's reactions aren't sitting well with me. He was a more stable town read before; now he wants to write me off because I "confused town PRs," even though there's been no evidence of that.

My issue with this is you could have. I mean, it's really fucking lucky all of our investigative roles were on table 1 and we didn't discard a bunch of useful information because of a fake claim. Even if you could step in the moment someone claimed it was possible for a potential investigative role to investigate something N1 on table 2 not claim (or even crumb) thinking it was useless.

I'll be honest, I don't know for sure what I would have done in that situation, but if it was ever taking us down a really fucked path, I probably would have come forward. I didn't see any of that, though. Ouro losing his drinks seemed the extent of the thing.

Launch, it deemed to be not easy to prove, but you wouldn't know that in D1 when you claimed. At that point you shouldn't have had any idea what kind of roles this game would have, so that claim was "a shot in the dark" to say.

Also it sure is interesting that the list of potential scum-RB almost completely overlaps with people who have been blendy. Hm.

I was making it up as I went along. I didn't realize it would be a good way to hide from scum until after N1, and it became even better after weemad was lynched and we found out about the lost partner.

One thing I find really weird about Launch his claimed power is that it is a day command. I see no real reason why the jailor command would have to be send in during the day, especially when we have a confirmed power that could switch seating around during the day. Launch, what would happen if you put in a command to block someone, but Xam then switched the tables and suddenly his target is on another table? Will the command fail? But if RNG determines your target is still on the same table as you it will succeed? That seems a bit weird to me. It is a weird detail of how his power works, however, that also makes me think if a scum fake claiming would add that detail, instead of going for the more normal jailor claim. Slightly related post of launch that caught my eye:

If launch is speaking the truth, this post as a breadcrumb actually makes a lot of sense. He has put in his jail command towards ty4on, so he singles out him as a hint that he was his target, plus the "I'm ready for turbo now" since he has already put in his command (I assume that a quick turbo before putting in his command would be seen as a "no command" by retro).

"One thing I find really weird about Launch is the next arbitrary thing I can come up with to lynch him and not waste a night kill on him."

My best guess is it's a balancing, but it's still very much the case, as evidenced by your post and this reaction to the tide shifting towards weemad D2:

wtf you guys

In response to what would happen if Xam switched, I have no idea because I always put my commands in towards the end of the day. I had no reason to put it so early on days when Xam pulled the fire alarm. Also, fwiw, even though I've never played with a jailor before, I think most of them have the day command clause.

I'm AbsolutBro, Ascetic Bulletproof Serial Killer Cop blah blah blah. Still and ordinary.
I'm not sure if it really means anything, but the unique fluff mentions how well a bodyguard role would suit me and is kinda hinting that there is no bodyguard in this game. Doesn't confirm it though.
I want you to know if this is a lie, and I didn't actually make the Gafia big leagues, I am going to be really hurt. :(

Launch, what would happen if you put in a command to block someone, but Xam then switched the tables and suddenly his target is on another table? Will the command fail? But if RNG determines your target is still on the same table as you it will succeed? That seems a bit weird to me.
I believe he said he loses his target and has to switch. He mentioned something about rushing home to put in a new command.

And there is plenty of weirdness in this game.

Why would scum block camjo n3?
There were plenty of people suspicious of Camjo. They may not have realized he was the arsonist, since that was focused on the "at the table" limitation, but they could have thought he was a doctor or something.

----

Launch: Why were you so adamant about defending Fireblend D1 in favour of Gryvan? That still seem really weird to me.

Burbeting

Banned
Also interesting: none of our outed pr claimed to have been blocked. None. If there is a scum roleblocker, I would expect them to have hit one of our PR by this point.

To be honest, they have no reason to RB nin or Terra. Xam and Launch claimed powers that were already used and I'm a passive ability that can't be blockedone outside of Kalor--

Wait a minute. Kalor was a RB power too. Just how many RB roles are in this game?

Also AbsolutBro, people were suspicious of Camjo being scum, not town PR.

Yes, but Scum would know that he's not one of them. To me, at least, scum would translate that into suspicion of a PR. Because typically those are the ones that end up looking scummy as they try to get their info out.

I mean, there was no reason to jail Bronx (was he even alive, or was that the night they killed him?), Nin or Terra, who are passive and avoidable. No reason to go for Ouro, whose drinks are harmless, they know who the other scum are, so no reason to jail them. Their options were somewhat limited.

Going to go over that day, kind of curious who the major Camjo pushers were before his reveal.

Ty4on

I want you to know if this is a lie, and I didn't actually make the Gafia big leagues, I am going to be really hurt. :(
I was afraid you were disappointed they didn't make you a power role :p
Don't worry, I'm not lying (and I would be feeling really bad if I were).

I haven't made any attempt to contact you, but on D1 I was really wondering if there was something me being you because we had the same seat only on different tables. After that I kinda forgot about it because I was an ordinary.

roytheone

Roy's reactions aren't sitting well with me. He was a more stable town read before; now he wants to write me off because I "confused town PRs," even though there's been no evidence of that.

No, my point was not that you did, my point was that that could have happened when you made the fake claim. Like ty4on pointed out, you didn't know which powers were in the game at that point. So you took the risk that you could have confused our PR when making the fake claim.

"One thing I find really weird about Launch is the next arbitrary thing I can come up with to lynch him and not waste a night kill on him."

Whut? I say that I doubt a scum would add that detail instead of going for the more safe "night command" jailor claim, even pointing towards a post that makes me believe you slightly more.

To be honest, they have no reason to RB nin or Terra. Xam and Launch claimed powers that were already used and I'm a passive ability that can't be blockedone outside of Kalor--

Wait a minute. Kalor was a RB power too. Just how many RB roles are in this game?

fwiw, Kalor could only block passive powers, not active ones.

Ourobolus

Banned
Launch, do me a favor and use that unspoken townie bond to telepathically let me know who you are jailing so I don't waste another drink.

begins silently nodding

Top Bottom