• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON NINTENDO, MAKE VIDEO GAMES, THEN GET MONEY. WHY IS THIS SUCH A HARD CONCEPT FOR YOU....................
326369.jpg

There needs to be a bowsette version

Speaking of which, wasn't that Mario on a beach tweet the exact same artwork of a tweet they put out last year?

edit: nvm, saw someone pointed that out in the other thread. Wasn't the same art though.

Last edited:
Not exactly. I have the Pro+. It's my favorite Switch controller. It plays Panel de Pon and similar games perfectly.

Almost bought the Pro+ some time ago because the form factor is fucking awesome, but then I thought like I already got a Ninty Pro, I don't need another Pro. Now I kind of want a dedicated PC controller, been thinking about it. Good to hear it's legit.

Regarding shrines in BOTW, I'm all the way up to 876 out of 900 Koroks and I STILL haven't found the last shrine. I've exceeded the hero tracker thing so it's already erasing my earliest progress but I have no idea who I missed talking to. (It's a shrine quest.) I might end up being the first person to get all the Koroks and not all the shrines. (I haven't used a tracker or guide for anything up to this point.) I'm not asking for help, just venting. :)

MagnesG

Banned
Regarding shrines in BOTW, I'm all the way up to 876 out of 900 Koroks and I STILL haven't found the last shrine. I've exceeded the hero tracker thing so it's already erasing my earliest progress but I have no idea who I missed talking to. (It's a shrine quest.) I might end up being the first person to get all the Koroks and not all the shrines. (I haven't used a tracker or guide for anything up to this point.) I'm not asking for help, just venting. :)
People are having a hard time even with guides/trackers lol. Still, good luck on finding the last one.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
How do you even know how many shrines there are? I am 1 shrine shy of getting 17 hearts (I added 1 stamina but now I have climbing gear I might not need that) - I tackled the two combat shrines that kicked my ass previously - the upgraded stasis helped a lot. Found a shrine behind a waterfall and another hidden behind some rocks, had to kill 3 giants for another. Seems I’ve run out of easy to find ones now so it’s all hard ones from here on in.

Jooxed

Gold Member
How do you even know how many shrines there are? I am 1 shrine shy of getting 17 hearts (I added 1 stamina but now I have climbing gear I might not need that) - I tackled the two combat shrines that kicked my ass previously - the upgraded stasis helped a lot. Found a shrine behind a waterfall and another hidden behind some rocks, had to kill 3 giants for another. Seems I’ve run out of easy to find ones now so it’s all hard ones from here on in.

eventually I read about the reward you get at the end so I used a guide to finish them up and find the rest. Never would have found them otherwise.

this being your first Zelda game I’m not sure sure the reward will be worth it for you.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
eventually I read about the reward you get at the end so I used a guide to finish them up and find the rest. Never would have found them otherwise.

this being your first Zelda game I’m not sure sure the reward will be worth it for you.

Maybe one to come back to then once I've got more Zelda under my belt.

So what are you guys currently playing on your Switch ?

Currently main is BOTW, with a bit of Zelda SNES on the side, with Streets Of Rage 4 as my drop-in-for-fun game (just got to stage 5 - Estelle was a fucking nightmare on stage 4 - only beat stage 4 with a D rating because I suck - the game is awesome). Paper Mario has taken a bit of a back seat as I'm a bit stretched. Once I finish BOTW I'll probably bring Paper Mario back into play, and Golf Story needs my attention at some point too as that's such a lovely charming little game.

Jooxed

Gold Member

currently working through CrossCode which is fantastic.

Wonderful 101 and trying to get two meh RPGS out of the way Lost Sphear and Alliance Alive.

I will get rid of this backlog.

for multiplayer fun Dead By Daylight and Rogue Company.

DESTROYA

currently working through CrossCode which is fantastic.

Wonderful 101 and trying to get two meh RPGS out of the way Lost Sphear and Alliance Alive.

I will get rid of this backlog.

for multiplayer fun Dead By Daylight and Rogue Company.
Who are you kidding your never going to finish your Switch backlog.

Eevee86

Just my daily AC tasks, really. Been burned out from lots of overtime at work and ACs hundreds of hours followed by another hundred in Xenoblade. Kind of resting up for when my physical editions of Shantae and CrossCodr arrive as well as Crystal Chronicles. If anyone is interested in playing that last one, let me know.

StormCell

I haven't been playing much on my Switch. I picked up Doom 64 on a whim for some old school fun mindless shooting. I bought Civ 6 for $15. Should arrive tomorrow.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Octopath was the third game I bought for the Switch LOL crazy I still haven't played it.

octopath is probably my favorite switch rpg besides dragon quest maybe even in my top 5 switch games.

however it took me starting it, setting it down for a couple months then coming back to it with a different outlook on it to really enjoy it. Great music, beautiful game. As long as you don’t go into it expecting a grand JRPG story you will love it. It’s 8 small stories which tie up nicely. The characters all ignore each other besides some neat travel banter which ramps up in their chapter 4s.

there isan epilogue boss battle dungeon and kind of a story that is played in the background of all 8 stories that ties them together but you have to look for it and put attention

love this game can’t wait for the sequel

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Paper Mario, tons of fun now that it became Wind Waker. I'm torn between which game I should save from my backlog next: Luigi's Mansion 3, Astral Chain or Octopath Traveler. Paging Danjin44 Danjin44 and anyone who has played all 3 of them for an opinion.

Astral Chain. It's fucking awesome. Admittedly I don't have the other two so I'm horribly useless for this, but obey me anyway.

Jooxed

Gold Member
I just finished The Messenger a few days ago, and began playing Yooka-Laylee amd the Impossible Lair. Been working on that backlog, but mainly on the shorter games.

How was the messenger? The prequel coming up looks fantastic! completely different game style though. If its good ill buy it. Don't tell DESTROYA DESTROYA

Andyliini

Thoughts on the Impossible Lair?
I'm tempted to pick it up ever once in a while.

Impossible Lair is quite good. Runs 60fps for the most time (minimal drops here and there), and melds 2D platformer with collect-a-thon elements nicely. So far, not quite as good as Tropical Freeze, but close.

How was the messenger? The prequel coming up looks fantastic! completely different game style though. If its good ill buy it. Don't tell DESTROYA DESTROYA

I liked it. It has extremely tight controls, which help the gameplay. It works better as a direct action platformer, though. The latter part becomes somewhat of a Metroidvania, which does not work as well. Still enjoyable game, has some quite tricky parts, which really test your skills.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Been looking forward to this

Faust Faust if your still playing

I am! Just finished up the last Adept killer trophy too :D

Not too fond of crossplay with PC as killers such as Huntress and Nurse are given such a massive boon thanks to the improved controls of Mouse/Keyboard, but I am glad they added the ability for those interested. Will be nice to play with folks across the world on any platform!

Top Bottom