• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Meesh

I am now putting this out there.

Nintendo waited for Covid to launch before releasing Animal Crossing, made dump trucks of money on isolated gamers.

The second wave of Covid no doubt will spike this fall (flu season), where they will release a major AC update, spurring moar saelze.

Banana trees, bridges over chasms, new DIYs.
Unrelated will be a major Monster Hunter Switch tease.

My insane conspiracy fueled dream lol

brap

Banned
'What is the best Nintendo system?'

Me, a woman of culture:

4RB6dqK.jpg
I still have a pack of the DK cards.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I still have a pack of the DK cards.

I think all my cards and e-Reader are packed up at my childhood home, along with a ton of other stuff from that time. I should really take a look at all of that, see if it still works. It'd be such a fun afternoon.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Just found out how many shrines there are in BOTW - I honestly thought I’d done a bigger percentage. Got the shrine for rescuing the flying dragon thing on the mountain which was pretty cool. I think I’ve now done something like 65 shrines so clearly more to do. Might put off meeting Ganon the til I’ve got some more shrines done - some more hearts wouldn’t go amiss. I fucking love this game.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Was Origami King actually good? I haven't looked into it all that much, but what I have seen from a little while back was kind of a mixed bag. I don't mind if it's not the same game as TTYD. Just wanna play fun video games.

Was Origami King actually good? I haven't looked into it all that much, but what I have seen from a little while back was kind of a mixed bag. I don't mind if it's not the same game as TTYD. Just wanna play fun video games.

It's really good! Combat is fun if you're not a brainlet, exploration is fantastic and it's charming as fuck. Some of the humor does land on the cringey side, but most of it actually works (as usual Luigi is the absolute star of the game). It's a crispy well done game.

Narasumas

I only ever played the original 64 release and now Origami King. Gotta say I’m really liking this game and am glad I made the purchase. About 20 hrs in and this has been some of the wittiest, best writing I’ve seen in a game.

The combat can be a bit of a pain, it might be warming on me, not sure...but the overall pace, art style and writing are having me really enjoying my time so far. Don’t get me wrong on the battle, It’s a clever system— it’s just sometimes it can be a pain entering a battle when you just want to move along w other elements of the game. It really feels likes a different fantasy world with the art style and Overall motif. I think they’ve done a great job. If you like the series, I’d say go for it.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

That all sounds promising. Guess I'll give it a shot. Not sure if it'll be the next game I play, cuz there's actually a lot of Switch games I have to catch up on after mostly ignoring it for a looong while.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I absolutely hate what they've done to Paper Mario, but if Paper Mario had never existed, Origami King would be praised up and down by the fandom as a fantastic Nintendo game. Because it is (or seems that way).

I'm really looking forward to playing it soon, hopefully. I just need to get a few Switch and Xbox games out the door, because I think I've almost got double digits of games in progress. :messenger_confused:

I absolutely hate what they've done to Paper Mario, but if Paper Mario had never existed, Origami King would be praised up and down by the fandom as a fantastic Nintendo game. Because it is (or seems that way).

That's pretty much it. Exploration, writing and the OST are almost unanimously praised aspects of the game. The combat is 50-50, but I really think it would not be that contemptuous if it wasn't a Paper Mario game.

Eevee86

I'm really looking forward to playing it soon, hopefully. I just need to get a few Switch and Xbox games out the door, because I think I've almost got double digits of games in progress. :messenger_confused:
With the Mario and Luigi series dead in the water I'm curious if they'll go back to being more RPG based in the future.

Danny Dudekisser

MPT totally needs to happen because these games need dual stick support in glorious HD.

Would also be nice to have the option for GC-style controls for 1 and 2. I played the first game on the Trilogy, and the motion controls just kind of break the game - it ain't built for 'em. Gimme that, restore the missing visual effects, gimme the original difficulty for MP2, and we're good.

Astral Dog

With the Mario and Luigi series dead in the water I'm curious if they'll go back to being more RPG based in the future.
I really doubt it,as long as Tanabe and Miyamoto are hands on the Paper Mario series that doesn't seem like the direction they want to go at all, for them a Mario RPG with a complex battle system and plot probably looks Alien lol 👽

ShinNL

It's a project manager position, which Metroid Prime 4 probably already has like 10+ of (for each department one, usually).

- Me: someone who actually clicks through and reads sources....

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
It's a project manager position, which Metroid Prime 4 probably already has like 10+ of (for each department one, usually).

- Me: someone who actually clicks through and reads sources....
What kind of sorcery is that?

-Arcadia-

Banned
I wouldn't be mad if Metroid Prime 4 was a Switch 2 launch game (with improvements tho). It's just so nice to get a big, amazing, interesting new game for launch, and that's just not possible (?) with a ground-up game anymore.

It also (to some extent) helping make sure the system is successful, so we can all enjoy it for a long time, is another huge benefit. Unless something goes very wrong, we know Zelda won't be there this time.

Last edited:
Absolutely - absolutely, I had a good time but ffs give me 3 orbs, one for each ball, or some armour that isn’t shit. Anything!
I enjoyed that island the first time, but on subsequent playthoughs, I cheated my way through it.

Edit: I’m surprised how much love that area gets. It was surprising when first stumbled upon, but once you know it’s coming it loses a lot of its charm.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I'm willing to give Eventide's rewards a complete pass for basically being a mini Link's Awakening in the middle of BotW.

Between that, and having your stuff taken away like that, and having to play smart, using mechanics in ways you never did before, that whole section was pure joy.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I absolutely loved it - and if links awakening is like that I look forward to playing it.
Edit: it almost felt a bit metal gear solid 5 in some ways

Last edited by a moderator:

Jooxed

Gold Member
I absolutely loved it - and if links awakening is like that I look forward to playing it.
Edit: it almost felt a bit metal gear solid 5 in some ways

links awakening is good but it’s definitely smaller scale. It was a game boy game. You might want to try a link to the past. Probably one of the best Zelda games if you want to try a traditional Zelda game.

lo zaffo

e-Reader was dope.

Nintendo Switch Online SMB3 is missing the e-Reader levels, right? One thing I don’t like about games, especially Nintendo titles, is when an older inaccessible game has more features than a the latest port/re-release.

Oh man.... How far away is this game?
I think Nintendo wants You to value the most the moment You're enjoying!

Top Bottom