• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
whoa. Huge improvement. Looking forward to the inevitable Wii Vs n3ds vs Switch digital Foundry comparison
It really is, it may not be remake same way as FFVIIR (which I honestly consider FFVIIR as soft reboot rather than remake) but Monolith Soft put lot of effort in to this.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
whoa. Huge improvement. Looking forward to the inevitable Wii Vs n3ds vs Switch digital Foundry comparison

Ha - I totally forgot that 3DS port existed. God, that was so frustrating. The game needed an HD port, and Nintendo was like "NO, FUCK THAT" and put out a garbage-ass 240p version instead. It was impressive for what it was, but I was hoping for an actual improvement to the game instead. Only took another 5 years for them to get it right.

Danjin44

Ha - I totally forgot that 3DS port existed. God, that was so frustrating. The game needed an HD port, and Nintendo was like "NO, FUCK THAT" and put out a garbage-ass 240p version instead. It was impressive for what it was, but I was hoping for an actual improvement to the game instead. Only took another 5 years for them to get it right.
well New 3DS was made just for this one game. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

-Arcadia-

Banned

As much as I respect the 3DS version, I felt similarly about the lack of a remaster at the time.

Kind of glad we went down this route, though. A pseudo-visual remake is absolutely awesome, and imo, kind of worth the wait.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
It really is, it may not be remake same way as FFVIIR (which I honestly consider FFVIIR as soft reboot rather than remake) but Monolith Soft put lot of effort in to this.
It looks like they XC2'd. So good.

Danjin44

I am really feeling XC definitive edition. I really disliked XC2
eaebbf01001f0c001dbc25f91a8a807a.gif

Mista

Banned
Was it the combat? If so then you might get same experience with this one as well, all three Xenoblade games same core combat system.
No it wasn't the combat. I played them and I like them apart from XC2

Didn't like the characters nor their art approach. Look at XC character then look at XC2 characters

Danjin44

No it wasn't the combat. I played them and I like them apart from XC2

Didn't like the characters nor their art approach. Look at XC character then look at XC2 characters
Well if looking at original XC on Wii character models looked very blurry and I didn't liked XCX character models same reason I didn't like Star Ocean 4 models. To me XC2 characters were way more expressive compare to previous games and I like anime, but everyone have different taste and each Xenoblade may have same core combat system but each have vastly different art direction.

edit: Also I love that Yasuomi Umetsu (Mezzo Forte) did the design for one of the Blades.

39134-880212995.jpg

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

I haven't played any Xenoblade game but looks wise definitive edition is way better looking than Xenoblade 2 for me.

That artstyle did nothing for me.

-Arcadia-

Banned

I gave a pretty fair critique of the visuals in the first place, with a lot of praise, but clearly I was wrong when I said it still felt bound to the Wii era.

In my memories, the Wii game looks like it does now. In reality, that isn’t at all the case.

Danjin44

Which is which?
giphy.gif

I gave a pretty fair critique of the visuals in the first place, with a lot of praise, but clearly I was wrong when I said it still felt bound to the Wii era.

In my memories, the Wii game looks like it does now. In reality, that isn’t at all the case.
It how our memory works sometimes, we want to remember them look more beautiful than it actually is.

Last edited:
Does Bravely Default 2 remind anyone else of Saga Frontier 1-2 with it's water color aesthetics?

Playing the demo and it's definitely giving me some of those vibes in the opening town.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Ew.

It’s like you think we just stop existing when you leave this thread.

Typical Xbox deception and underhanded tactics.
I mean, am I wrong? People are arguing about flops and SSDs, and Nintendo fanboys have ports 😇

In all seriousness, I do like all three consoles. It's just that bustin' [balls] makes me feel good.

Last edited:

Woopah

It's taken me 12 years of lurking to actually bother making an account here and when I do it's one of the most uncertain times to be a Nintendo gamer! I don't think there's ever been a time when we've known so little about Nintendo's future lineup.

I'm shocked they are entering their next fiscal year with so much uncertainty.

Top Bottom