• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

This seems random but I started playing Xenoblade 2 again with no new game plus and GOD DAMN, I miss this game!

To this day it still my favourite game on Switch. Hopefully able to finish this before Xenoblade DE drops in.

I started this game in January 2018. After 135 hours, I reckon I'm reaching the end... Been at the "end" point for the last 15 hours or so, just mopping up side quests and trying (and failing) to get the final few rare blades I'm missing. Honestly, I don't want it to finish. I've had long breaks from this game over the past couple of years as new games have dropped or I've been overrun with work, but every time I get back into it, it becomes a time sink. Xenoblade CE being close and Coronochan being loose is what's pushed me to just get it finished and I still can't do it. I've never put this much time into an RPG. I'm fairly certain I could double my playtime and still not get 100% completion. Oh, and that's not including Torna, which I bought a couple of months ago when it was on sale.

Best game on Switch?
It's damn close, but I'm going to say no. There's not enough polish there for it to be a 10/10 game for me. So much of it is incredible (especially the OST), but there are too many minor niggles which stop it breaking into the top tier. I wish Nintendo had delayed this game instead of rushing it out for Xmas and allowed Monolith to just tidy it up a bit. I'm looking forward to Torna though, that seems to be a much more focused and polished experience than the main game.

Xenoblade 2 is my favourite RPG of all time, no RPG has ever held my attention for this long. I will do a NG+ run eventually and I want that full blade collection and all of them completely levelled up. Xenoblade 3 when?

Jooxed

Gold Member
Dumbed down and streamlined for a casual audience.

I didn't mind Torna until it was the dumb fetch quests, and leveling up your faction or whatever it was to progress the story. It was tough to get through that for me. I did enjoy some of the characters a little better.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I didn't mind Torna until it was the dumb fetch quests, and leveling up your faction or whatever it was to progress the story. It was tough to get through that for me. I did enjoy some of the characters a little better.
I actually really like Torna, especially the combat system. Switching between Driver and Blade was awesome, I kind of wish the base game had this combat system.

Lrnex

And Animal Crossing was the third biggest Nintendo launch ever (even though it doesn't include digital).

Someone at Nintendo had a functional crystal ball and knew to delay ACNH to coincide with COVID. It seriously could not have been a more perfect game to release during all of this.

Glad to see we’re getting the updates going right away. I knew with that dev teams commitment to constant free updates with Splatoon that we would likely get something similar in this AC.

Woopah

Someone at Nintendo had a functional crystal ball and knew to delay ACNH to coincide with COVID. It seriously could not have been a more perfect game to release during all of this.

Glad to see we’re getting the updates going right away. I knew with that dev teams commitment to constant free updates with Splatoon that we would likely get something similar in this AC.
Between Splatoon and AC I hope Nintendo is throwing money at Aya Kyagoku and giving her all the resources she wants..

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Is it just me, or is Nintendo's 2FA really obnoxious? Like, they can't just text you a verification code? I have to have Google Authenticator? Across the board, it's like they never figured out how the internet works.

Shaqazooloo

I just downloaded the Ninjala demo. Check under coming soon. You have to scroll a bit. (US server here)
I already checked there. Nothing. When I search for "Ninjala" in the eShop it doesn't come up either. It's not even listed on Nintendo's (Dutch) website. I don't know what the exclusive Ninja club does, but I wanted to activate it on my account regardless. Besides I wanna try out the game anyway. I'll look again next week when the beta starts proper.

Lrnex

This is awesome news! I thought they were totally done but we’re getting rebalanced weapons AND Splatfest! I love Pearlie but I’m going to have to go with #TeamKetchup for this rematch

ExpandKong

Banned
Real talk though, I don’t quite understand all the love 3D World gets. I liked it as much as I liked any Mario game because it’s a Mario game, but the focus on multiplayer hurt it for me as a forever-alone gaming boi.

The only memorable moment for me was the final boss. Had a legit oh-shit moment when the second Meowser came running up the skyscraper and I realized he was using Double Cherries. That was pretty cool.

Will still buy for $60 USD obv.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I never played 3D World with other people and still loved it. I didn't feel like the level designed suffered for the multiplayer functionality... even if it was on the easy side.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I finally found time to put up some shelves for my Amiibo collection. I had to make double rows in some cases...I may have underestimated how many I've collected over the years. :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

ddvgtld-15cabbb4-42ca-4645-9469-f580b4d5bb9b.jpg

Jooxed

Gold Member
I finally found time to put up some shelves for my Amiibo collection. I had to make double rows in some cases...I may have underestimated how many I've collected over the years. :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Wow i thought I had a decent amiibo collection, this puts me to shame.

So many great looking ones, but the Splatoon ones might be the best. I love the color scheme in everything about that game.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Looks fantastic! If you don't mind me asking, how did you do the patterns of the blue/green leaves? I absolutely adore that look.

Lrnex

My amiibo are all shameful hiding in a drawer at my parents house.. so much money wasted on glorious colorful plastic (and yarn) :messenger_downcast_sweat:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Looks fantastic! If you don't mind me asking, how did you do the patterns of the blue/green leaves? I absolutely adore that look.

Thanks! 💙💚

My roommate and I put them up when we got the house about 11 years ago. I believe they were wall decals from Dollar Tree of all places. For as inexpensive as they were, they're still going strong even after all this time! :)

DpvILfpr.jpg

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

StormCell

You guys should also add me. I just didn't get around to sharing my code sooner since I usually walk away from the keyboard after 5.

SW-3480-5406-1138

I go by Optimator.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

HD Rumble
– 60FPS is added
– Input lag reduced/rotation improved
– Gyro controls
– Sound effects are reworked
– Several face button to fire/lock
– Auto lock system as an option
– Episode 0 added
– New game mode (performance?)
– New gameplay options
– New cheat codes
– Options accessible from pause menu
– Dragon animation reworked
– Game language based on console language at first launch
– Secret menu called Pandora Box in Remake now accessible once the game is beaten regardless of difficulty

HD Rumble
– 60FPS is added
– Input lag reduced/rotation improved
– Gyro controls
– Sound effects are reworked
– Several face button to fire/lock
– Auto lock system as an option
– Episode 0 added
– New game mode (performance?)
– New gameplay options
– New cheat codes
– Options accessible from pause menu
– Dragon animation reworked
– Game language based on console language at first launch
– Secret menu called Pandora Box in Remake now accessible once the game is beaten regardless of difficulty

So basically how it should have released in the first place?

Top Bottom