• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Nintendo Discussion, News, and Speculation |OT|

Jooxed

Gold Member

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
0583a451c6b0e59f1892e2d38bca5685.gif

Skelterz

I have a horrible habit of getting halfway through a game and not finishing it. Trying to work through my massive backlog now while games keep coming in.
[/

My backlog is generational I’ve got so many games on my shelf half finished or not started, I’ve got a sealed copy of Xenoblade X for Wii U...It frightens me.

Lrnex

The smash amiibos usually come later after the character is released. But Maybe we will get the Persona scramble localization.
I’ve given up hoping for persona on the switch. Going to have to get myself a blue or green box to enjoy those games

Woopah

The smash amiibos usually come later after the character is released. But Maybe we will get the Persona scramble localization.
I meant that amiibo usually come the same day as Nintendo releases. Dark Samus launched the same day as TMS, Chrom launched the same day as Pokémon S&S, Snake launched the same day as Link's Awakening and Pichu launched the same day as Three Houses.

I meant that amiibo usually come the same day as Nintendo releases. Dark Samus launched the same day as TMS, Chrom launched the same day as Pokémon S&S, Snake launched the same day as Link's Awakening and Pichu launched the same day as Three Houses.

4a92759a305c57f370271b6876c9d4d7.gif

I'm sold on the logic, new games confirmed!

-Arcadia-

Banned
So, assuming Mario does happen, and in a few days to boot, what’s your hype level?

Mine is off the charts. Super Mario 64 has never had a proper portable version, neither have most of the proposed games. Super Mario Sunshine has been locked to the SD era for twenty years, with no easy way to replay it properly, outside of a CRT TV, or Dolphin. The Galaxies were the HD Nintendo games before Nintendo even stepped into HD, and have been waiting and ready to show what they really look like, all this time. And 3D World is wonderful, deserves a second spin after even just a few years, and will be a fantastic counterpart to Odyssey.

We get so many collection of games these days. Rarely is one game in the collection this transcendent, let alone five.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
So, assuming Mario does happen, and in a few days to boot, what’s your hype level?

Mine is off the charts. Super Mario 64 has never had a proper portable version, neither have most of the proposed games. Super Mario Sunshine has been locked to the SD era for twenty years, with no easy way to replay it properly, outside of a CRT TV, or Dolphin. The Galaxies were the HD Nintendo games before Nintendo even stepped into HD, and have been waiting and ready to show what they really look like, all this time. And 3D World is wonderful, deserves a second spin after even just a few years, and will be a fantastic counterpart to Odyssey.

We get so many collection of games these days. Rarely is one game in the collection this transcendent, let alone five.

If it comes I may have to book a couple of weeks off work and hole up with the Switch. 3D World is the one I want.

Edit for stupid phone autocorrect fucking bullshit.

Last edited by a moderator:

My hype level is through the roof. I've been itching to go back and play the older 3D Mario games, but have held off, waiting for a remaster. I really hope this rumor turns out to be true. It'd be great to have most, if not all, of the Mario games on one platform, in HD.

Algorum

Neo Member
I hope this works out so bad. To be able to play these games without the blurry mess of old consoles. Not having to use a emulator. Take my wallet.
I’m more excited over the possibility of revisiting Isle Delfino in HD and who knows if they’ll package everything with new content and improvements to the many underdeveloped parts in the game.

Galaxy is going to blow me away immediately as that game felt like a true next generation step for Mario even on the wii.

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
I’m more excited over the possibility of revisiting Isle Delfino in HD and who knows if they’ll package everything with new content and improvements to the many underdeveloped parts in the game.

Galaxy is going to blow me away immediately as that game felt like a true next generation step for Mario even on the wii.
I'm most exited for a Galaxy collection. I would love Delfino also but Odyssey sort of scratched that itch for me.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Skelterz

I’m still in the non believer camp for an announcement so soon after paper Mario but the more and more people talk about it I’m leaning towards it more and more...I suppose they could use paper Mario as a sort of Segway into the 35th anniversary celebration and announce in the back of that.

I like to keep my hopes in check when it comes to Nintendo there just to hard to call.

Jooxed

Gold Member
I’m still in the non believer camp for an announcement so soon after paper Mario but the more and more people talk about it I’m leaning towards it more and more...I suppose they could use paper Mario as a sort of Segway into the 35th anniversary celebration and announce in the back of that.

I like to keep my hopes in check when it comes to Nintendo there just to hard to call.

wkezMX5.gif

My hype is absolutely batshit crazy, like I might go to cryosleep until launch. SM64 in the beautiful Odyssey engine? Sunshine with a few things rebalanced? Galaxies upscaled and in a single convenient package? 3D World being free from the Wii U?

lt7QPx5.gif

GAMETA

Banned

I played them all to exhaustion, except for Sunshine that I never owned and never got past the first worlds/levels.

So I'm not sure what to feel. The idea of finally playing Sunshine and in HD seems pretty nice, but then, when I look at the whole thing, I'm not sure anymore. Do I really want to replay them all and finish them for the 4th or 5th time? I don't think I do.

Top Bottom