• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galak-Z hits PS4 August 4, adds Mech Mode

Loudninja

Its out August 4th not ntext week.
Hey kid! You wanna hear a secret? Because, friends, we’ve been saving a juicy one for a long time now. Anime enthusiasts inevitably ask when they see the game, “So… can you turn into a mech?” And we always respond with, “Oh man! That would be cool!” Well, guess what?

You can freaking turn into a mech in Galak-Z!
What is this “Mech” blasphemy you keep ranting about?!

The Mech mode is a whole new way to play Galak-Z. Get up in an enemy’s face, slice him in two with your sword, or grab him with your extending arm, smash his guts, then throw his scrapped remains into an oncoming bad guy for a double-explosion fireworks show.

You needn’t worry too much about taking damage either, as your huge Directional Shield will deflect and absorb even the most deadly attacks when timed right. Plus, the deadly environment is now your best friend, as you take and fling what you need from it — asteroids, spikes, explosives — relentlessly at any enemy stupid enough to appear in your sights.

So what? How is this different than Ship gameplay, Mechman?!

Rather than fighting from afar whilst dodging like a pro, the Mech is all about turning the tables and pressuring the bad guys instead. One on one, especially versus smaller zippy enemies, the Mech is vicious. It can grab an enemy even from a distance, pull them close and beat them to death without resistance or mercy.

Against many enemies, what it lacks in missiles it makes up in the ability to throw the explosive elements of the environment, or can dispatch multiple enemies at once with charged sword attacks that sweep in a great arc.
But…you probably limit how much I can switch between the Ship and the Mech, right?

Actually, the player can transform from Mech to Ship, and back again, with the touch of a button! Unlimited transforming means you can unleash a barrage of missiles to obliterate shields then speed in sword raised for the kill, or perhaps just pluck an unwary foe from the circus of smoke and explosions and beat him to a pulp.

If things get too much, use your Directional Shield to take the brunt of damage and then transform to Ship form and fire as you reverse-boost away to safety and victory at once. The possibilities are endless!
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...id=624610733972701184&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

Peltz

giphy.gif
I can't wait for this game. The graphical style in particular is very imaginative. It looks fun AF.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I'm even considering pre-ordering it to save the few bucks. That is how good the explosions look.

JP

Interesting. Stylistically, it seems top fit in with the game perfectly. I really like way this game seems to have evolved since they first announced it, it sounded really good when it was first announced but I think it now has the potential to be something pretty special.

I played this with the dev team at the Playstation Experience and they teased me when I told them how awesome it would be if the ship transformed since there was so much Macross influence.

BAHGAWD THEY DID IT!!!

tumblr_m3ootz8EnM1qzqnxxo1_500.gif

MhMV2h2.gif

I really enjoyed the game back then and I can now see this becoming one of my faves of all time. :O

Lombax

Banned
Galak-Z_GIF_4.gif

Got my hopes up big, but Mech Mode more than makes up for it!

Really looking forward to this game! My PS4 has been in stand-by mode since I finished bloodborne!

What is this game? I've seen that people are hyped up for it, but is it a score attack game? Dog fighting? Shmup-esque shooting game? It's hard to tell from videos what exactly you're doing.

Herla

Same day as the next PS+ update?
It's probably just a coincidence, but I thought the same about Rocket League...

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
What is this game? I've seen that people are hyped up for it, but is it a score attack game? Dog fighting? Shmup-esque shooting game? It's hard to tell from videos what exactly you're doing.
11 minute E3 gameplay with the Game Director and Shu (who also asks questions)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nazxg6ZoDWM

Same day as the next PS+ update?
It's probably just a coincidence, but I thought the same about Rocket League...
You think they are taking pre-orders with PS+ discounts and then put it on PS+ Instant Game Collection?

Procedurally generated, 80s space-action anime inspired top down rogue-like shooter with multiple factions and dynamic AI that takes cues from Halo and Far Cry. A lot more happening under the hood than meets the eye. Dog fighting, stealth, exploration, and now MECHS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl8CESG0mHE

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
17-Bit team is brilliant. I'm glad to see others appreciating their games, too.

Herla

You think they are taking pre-orders with PS+ discounts and then put it on PS+ Instant Game Collection?

I didn't know that. Well, can't blame me for hoping.

EDIT: it's not even up for pre-order on the EU store, for some reason

Polygon Mech Play
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tz29aXxiMw

Game is split into season and each season is like 4 or 5 episodes. If you die, you must start the season over.
Mech Unlocks at the end of season 1 you can swap mech and space ship at anytime. Mech short range space ship long range.
dungeons procedurally generated different each time through including loot location as well as enemy types.

Rymuth

I'm even considering pre-ordering it to save the few bucks. That is how good the explosions look.
I already did...along with Rapture to get me some sweet 10% discount code down the line.

Join me, Benny and we can rule the flash sales together~

JSR_Cube

I have a terrible backlog but I will still buy this on Tuesday.

Any preorder deals?
EDIT: guess I should preorder now as I have PS+

Top Bottom