• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Note 4 is a productivity beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayDub

As an unnecessary note: I pre-ordered the iPhone 6 Plus.

All this excitement with the iPhone 6 made me think of the Note 4, so I went to rewatch some videos and holy snaps, it looks like a beast in regards to productivity!

You can take a picture of notes on a dry erase board or chalk board (even at an angle, it will straighten it for you) and convert it into editable notes you can move around, erase..etc.

qo0un7m.gif

You can resize a window to create up to 16 windows, and for some apps, mix and match them for split-screen awesomeness.

1VbIUCV.gif

OgqnXeJ.gif

mFm9CgD.gif

The fact that it has a metal band makes it look pretty nice.

samsung-unpacked-galaxy-note-4-10_2040_verge_super_wide.jpg

Still excited about the iPhone 6 Plus, but this thing is pretty nice.

Radec

You'll use those apps on the note for about a month, then after that you'll use it just like any other phone.

JayDub

You'll use those apps on the note for about a month, then after that you'll use it just like any other phone.

Had a Note 3, a lot of the "hand gestures" are total gimmicks. But a lot of the S-Pen functionality really retained their usefulness after the initial honeymoon period.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The pen is really nice, I'd like to see a tablet with it.

Get a friend's phone and try putting it in your pants pocket. It's not as bad as you think.

EDIT: damn you, you edited
I wear slim jeans. :\ I don't see my pockets holding a phablet. Even if it fits it's not going to be comfortable.

Edit: I already have Galaxy tablet so not being able to easily carry it defeats the point.

lightus

Basically. I have a Note 3 and the only way my pen gets any use is to write/draw on snapchat.

Not that I don't love the phone, because I do. It's just that unless you really really need some of these features, they are just going to fade into the background.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
First time I've ever been excited for a phone to come out. I've been on a Nexus 5 for a while now and love it. But I've also been off contract for a while as a result. Good time to get my contract back I guess!

wildfire

Banned
You're the first and the last.

*coughs*

In fact I'm actually frustrated with how limited the multitasking tools are on Note 2.

I pray to God any app are supported on my next upgrade and not just a select few phone manufacturer created apps.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
You're the first and the last.

I don't do crazy work on my phone, but I definitely need it for work (just bought an iPhone 6 Plus, fwiw).

-Email
-Edit/View Excel files
-Evernote
-Reminders
-Calendar

sirap

The Note phones are the only Samsung phones I don't make fun of. They're legit for productivity. If I didn't already have an M8, G3 and 6+ (on the way) I'd probably get the Note 4 myself..

jagowar

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome the world of poor user experience design, brought to you in part by Samsung.

Thats what I was thinking... looks very slow and unresponsive. This kind of thing needs to be baked in to the core OS so it runs well and not be some tacked on feature to get my attention.

I've always wanted a Note, but I buy my phones off contract and the starting price is too high. I have my Nexus 5 and it more than suits my needs.

SpecX

I'm still debating if I will get a note 4. My note 3 is my note taker for meetings and works very we for me to keep up to speed on tasks going on that I need to follow up on. My only issue is the battery life after Verizon pushed their latest update which for some reason gives me 5 hours if I'm lucky of moderate to heavy use when I would get close to 8 before.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
If I get a phablet, this is the one. I just didn't see Apple do anything with the plus to take advantage of the size. It's just bigger.

forms

Hmm, going to get a new phone just about now. Maybe I should wait. Then again, this wont arrive in Sweden until October or so. Dammit, making do with an old leftover Samsung S now. It is giving me mental herpes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom