• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Center CX News+Updates Thread: Hail To The Kacho!

It's back! And it's over. ;_;

I'm going to Time Shift the last few minutes when I can.

この番組はタイムシフト視聴に対応しておりません

This program is not compatible with the time shift viewing

:(

My Firefox kept crashing during Miyamoto, does anyone have a synopsis? I gather that Arino and Miyamoto played each other's custom Mario Maker levels? The bit that I actually saw, it seemed like Miyamoto lost within a few seconds to Arino's level, much to Kacho's delight.

My Firefox kept crashing during Miyamoto, does anyone have a synopsis? I gather that Arino and Miyamoto played each other's custom Mario Maker levels? The bit that I actually saw, it seemed like Miyamoto lost within a few seconds to Arino's level, much to Kacho's delight.

That was basically it. Miyamoto failed a few times, then Arino tried and only got a little bit further.

Garou

Miyamoto played Arinos 3rd Level 3 times, didn't make it. He then asked for one more chance, didn't make it again.
Arino then should show how it's supposed to be done and failed. Miyamoto then just went ahead and tried it one more time and cleared it.

Then all guests came back on stage for last greetings. When Miyamoto was asked how he liked Arinos Level, he just said ひどい (brutal).

Kouriozan

I think I found it on youtube, just seach Game Center CX with upload date, watching it now.

EDIT : yep, that was amazing, you can make some really inventive levels.

SA-GCCX folks say that translation for the Chokaigi event is halfway done already, btw. So they're super awesome and it should be available reasonably soon.

Jeez, insane turnaround. Can't give enough credit to the SA-GCCX team.

Looking forward to checking it out even though I've already watched in untranslated, lol.

Oh man, I went into one of the first episodes expecting Arino tackling Steel Battalion and instead I've got an hour of pretty great Capcom interviews from PS2/GC days.

BOTEC

Oh man, I went into one of the first episodes expecting Arino tackling Steel Battalion and instead I've got an hour of pretty great Capcom interviews from PS2/GC days.

I actually prefer the original format from the first season of GCCX. I can see how you'd run out of material fairly quickly though.

I wonder if the maker episodes were costly regardless of how well the challenges were being received that first season. They didn't gut the interviews outright until two seasons later.

Ogawa-san

Man, japanese devs sure were creative when making convoluted continue methods back in the time... Poor Arino.

Ended up binge watching some other stuff I forgot about like the double-header Ninja Gaiden 2. What they did to ADs was
surprisingly lame. Bringing Urakawa and Sasano just to make them look bad... You could tell Sasano wasn't happy about it.

Articalys

I just realized, releasing the Alex Kidd episode right after the Mario Maker special is an amusing coincidence, since the Project CX segment in the former was the Family Basic, a programming tool for the Famicom, wherein Arino is (jokingly) asked to learn the language and make a game, an offer he promptly declines... and now four years later and with technology 30 years more advanced, he's created his own Mario levels.

Great news, looking forward to getting my Puzzle Kacho on. Really eager to see Quiz Nanairo Dreams when that gets subbed too.

edit: Just noticed that Game Center DX, featuring the other half of Yoiko, hadn't been posted yet. So there you go.

I'm glad to say that I enjoyed the Monster Rancher segment as much as I had hoped to. Much better presented than the Barcode Battler one imo

though night of fire caught me off guard lol

the reveal at the end that
arino was playing on level 0 was really good

god. quiz nanairo dreams just sounds like a perfect GCCX game. i hope that's not too far down on the queue but i'm sure that one's quite the translation effort, lol. Super thankful for all the great work SA-GCCX has been doing!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I'm kind of new to this. Is the only way to watch #29 Ninja Gaiden that horribly overdubbed version? I watched the Ghouls N Ghosts episode and thought it was great.

Purely-subbed Ninja Gaiden is on the Retro Game Master DVD. Pretty sure the dubbed version Kotaku ran was taken down because of the DVD as well (and it's also on the DVD).

The takeaway for me from those two episodes is that
Arino bought a new PSP in 2015

My girlfriend
bought me a new PSP in 2014
. Why not? Outside of the indie games, it plays all of the games that people actually like playing on the Vita, except with more comfortably large buttons and displaying at the actual native screen resolution.
Yeah, Spelunky though, I get it

Top Bottom