• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Center CX News+Updates Thread: Hail To The Kacho!

epmode

My girlfriend
bought me a new PSP in 2014
. Why not? Outside of the indie games, it plays all of the games that people actually like playing on the Vita, except with more comfortably large buttons and displaying at the actual native screen resolution.
The Vita's resolution is a perfect muliple of
the PSP's
so it looks identical to a
PSP
of the same size. There are no scaling artifacts at all. It's just like the way 4K TVs (3840x2160) upscale 1080p (1920x1080) content perfectly. The higher resolution screen simply displays 4 pixels for every 1 at the original resolution.

jholmes

Apparently Arino is down to Do Honky.

1358982208444645921.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I know they jump around in terms of the subbed episodes, but what happened to the last "game expert" who used to complete all the games... did he get promoted/leave the show like the others?

nullset2

I watched quiz nanairo a few days ago, god what a great ep. Reminded me why I love this show in the first place.

Too bad things have been so slow for the Kacho in the Americas. We need a renaissance back to 2012 and 2013 levels >_>

Articalys

And with this, season 15 is done.

edit: if anyone's wondering, the song they played for
AD Takahashi's departure was, of course, an AKB48 song, namely Sakura no Ki ni Narou

jett

D-Member
New sub!

Gradius, Arino's favoritest genre!

During the episode I was wondering how come nobody ever lost their patience with Arino. And then Takahashi starts being an asshole LOL.
Dat twist though. And I never thought Arino would clear it, although this is I think the most "cheat-heavy" he has played a game.

Rydeen

I'm going to be in Tokyo from October 26th to November 6th, anybody know if there's going to be any Game Center Cx events going on in Tokyo around that time?

Articalys

Has Konami's recent fall into disgrace got you down? Here's a blast from the way, way past with a redo of the first season's Konami episode, in all of its early 2000's glory, back when the show was mainly about interviews and learning things about game companies, and the challenges (in this case: Yie Ar Kung-Fu, Gradius, and Track & Field) were the side dish.

So happy that the US Super Mario Maker got Arino's levels and Kacho Mushroom powerup! His picture is even there in the description and everything :D

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Man, that sounds like it'll be a rough four episodes.

I'm really glad we get to play Arino's Mario Maker levels in the US, by the way.

Articalys

Ōkami;188272901 said:
Reminder for the Super Mario Maker live event on December 12th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtqfiDAYCO4

Just had a chance to watch through this. Of course I couldn't directly understand 90% of what they were saying, but it's classic Mario, so it's not exactly difficult to follow along.

For anyone wondering, this was the format for the live: the staff had made 12 categories of stages and selected 10 courses each (from the over 10,000 total submissions), and Arino had to clear one stage from each category. If you want to know what the categories were:
Courses with over 100 likes
Courses from foreign creators
Lighthearted, easier courses
Courses using the Arino costume
Courses with interesting names
Courses with under a 10% clear rate
Automatic Mario courses
Puzzle-type courses
Auto-scrolling courses
Extremely short courses
Super super easy courses
Final Bowser courses
Nintendo published a list of all 120 courses selected for the broadcast, so if you want to see what Arino might have missed, you can take a look here.

Like all live challenges, there's a fair bit of downtime where Arino works back through a stage to whatever chokepoint has him stuck, but there's a lot of good moments and some creative courses, so the whole thing's definitely worth a watch.

And apparently zari-gani has said she has some free time from work over the holidays, so she's hoping to get caught up on more episode translations.

jholmes

Not to cross-post from the Mario Maker thread, but the level he plays for most of the foreigner section, Caramel Cliffs, is my level! It was really surreal to see the Kacho say "YATTA JUSTIIIN!" to me, but I guess I can cross that off the bucket list!

Pikma

Banned
Not to cross-post from the Mario Maker thread, but the level he plays for most of the foreigner section, Caramel Cliffs, is my level! It was really surreal to see the Kacho say "YATTA JUSTIIIN!" to me, but I guess I can cross that off the bucket list!
Holy fuck congrats man

Really? Wow congrats! I'll post some translations then.

Time stamps based on this version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtqfiDAYCO4

26:28: Caramel? What does this have to do with caramel?

27:21: *after dying* But he told me to enjoy this...

27:27: This course is pretty long. Maybe there's a shortcut somewhere.

28:23: (Narrator: Now for the the tricky part) Don't need the 1up. *finds dead end* Ah, nothing. Just a pit. *Jumping over the spikes* Need baby jumps. *reaches top of the spikes* Justin, this course is long! *hits the vine block* What? I gotta climb that?? *hits Spiny* There was no room! ... Nice work, Justin!

29:30: (He was about to say something but he trailed off and didn't finish the sentence. I'm just mentioning because he said your name.)

30:17: *Reaches space to left of note blocks* Anything over here--nothing! Tricked me.

30:50: (Narrator: Now the real test) Here we go... What's that flower thing? (I can only imagine he's talking about a curled Spiny or one of the spikes flying down) I gotta try to angle myself away from those triangle things. *climbs up* (Narrator: Can he make it? Will he make it?) *reaches WOW coins* Did I make it? *hits spiny* Ah! There's still something! Goal! Got it! Yeah I did it Justin! Did you see it Justin? ... He's probably watching. On Youtube or something.

Top Bottom