• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Developer reacts to "Road to PlayStation 5"

Dodkrake

Banned
On what other information would he base it on then?

A lot of people providing these types of reactions start working based on assumptions and rumors they heard. Here, he hears that section about power management and heat and doesn't even speculate that they for sure have tested the console in different room temperatures to ensure it performs. I like that, he just works with what is said, not what he's heard.

Did that make sense?

RaySoft

A lot of people providing these types of reactions start working based on assumptions and rumors they heard. Here, he hears that section about power management and heat and doesn't even speculate that they for sure have tested the console in different room temperatures to ensure it performs. I like that, he just works with what is said, not what he's heard.

Did that make sense?
In my oppinion he just got it, versus all the other naysayers that didn't.

Last edited:

Bigfroth

I'm really excited to "hear" next-gen. I think audio has been gimped in game development for too long. It's nice to see the consoles actually putting real advancement and tech behind the audio solutions in the next-gen consoles.

jimbojim

Banned

His reaction on variable clocks and referrence to CPU-GPU power transition when there is a need for that.

"It creates a more balanced overall system"

CobraXT

Banned
He didnt give that not much of an insight here .. basically its 30 mins of appreciating things

Last edited:
S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah part 3 wasn't as interesting. He didn't pause & explain stuff anywhere near as much as before. Still, it was worth watching the videos.

Judging by the way he spoke, I'm guessing that a lot of devs have been praising the PS5 because it's been deliberately built in a way that reduces their workload & allows them to do things more efficiently. Things that have been a real headache in the past. That was the vibe I got from him anyway.

Grinchy

Banned
It didn't help that part 3 covers the part of the video that was most boring already. I do appreciate good audio, but that info was definitely more appealing to sound engineers than it would be to anyone else.

jimbojim

Banned
you mean this?

Nope. How about to check my timestamped video and what he said, hm? In this timestamped part you've gave me, it just a comment on what overall number means, not about variable cloks, workload etc.

Btw. who is this "Sage Advice" anyway?

Last edited:

jimbojim

Banned
Yeah part 3 wasn't as interesting. He didn't pause & explain stuff anywhere near as much as before. Still, it was worth watching the videos.

Judging by the way he spoke, I'm guessing that a lot of devs have been praising the PS5 because it's been deliberately built in a way that reduces their workload & allows them to do things more efficiently. Things that have been a real headache in the past. That was the vibe I got from him anyway.
It didn't help that part 3 covers the part of the video that was most boring already. I do appreciate good audio, but that info was definitely more appealing to sound engineers than it would be to anyone else.

Well, he said in video that he is dealing with, so, he was impressed with what Cerny said about 3d audio. Especially about ears part. LOL

Top Bottom