• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAME dropping the ball again? (Fallout 4/UK)

Cuzco

Banned
I'm just imagining all these people playing with their pip boys on their arms, and just how quickly they are going to get tired of it. Or when their phone goes off and how silly thats going to be haha

Apparently my pip boy was shipped but they charged me the full amount even though I paid a £20 deposit. Utterly useless company.

Same thing happened to me with Bayonetta 2 last year.

Decided to import Pip Boy Fallout 4 from Amazon US and buy a Bobblehead separately eith the money I saved.

Coxy100

Banned
Sorry to bump this thread - but it wasn't just the pip boy edition they 'messed' up.

My steelbook edition had a free bobblehead.

They sent the bobblehead to my billing address rather than the delivery address. They sent an email to apologise - but I presume I wasn't the only one they messed up.

Nothing compared to the pip boy issue - but another example of Game's incompetence...

Loudninja

UPDATE 1.10PM: GAME has issued a statement apologising for the continued wait for some Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition customers, and warned of a "short delay" before all orders find their rightful owners.

There's mention, too, of the reason that orders failed - due to banks and PayPal accounts not accepting payment to be taken, despite many customers insisting that their details had not changed.

Here's the statement in full:

“On Friday, a small number of our customers who pre-ordered the Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition online experienced payment issues which has resulted in reports of orders not being fulfilled.

“GAME can confirm that these payment issues were not caused by our systems, and instead arose due to customers' banks or PayPal accounts not allowing payment to go through. This is mainly caused by expired bank account details.

“At every stage, we have reassured our customers that their Pip-Boys have been reserved for them. Since Friday, our customer service team has been working hard to contact all impacted customers to ensure that as many orders as possible are fulfilled for launch day. Each customer has been, or will be, contacted individually to reprocess their order and we have extended the opening hours of our distribution centre and customer services to facilitate this.

"We have endeavoured to deliver all pre-orders in time for launch day. Getting in touch with customers individually takes time, and due to us being unable to outreach to some customers just yet, there will be a short delay for a few of them but they will still receive their order should they still wish.

“Our customers are incredibly important to us and we'd like to thank them for their continued patience."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...h-day-and-for-many-game-still-hasnt-delivered

game-aberdeene2ppb.jpg

nfslz6x2hqdo.gif

These are most likely preorders that were no longer wanted, if not...what's so shocking? Stores and websites have separate stock, NeoGAF of all places should know by now that these are all (eventually) getting sorted out and that it wasn't even GAMEs screw up?

I'm always up for a bashing party, but only to bash those at fault. PayPal fucked up, people didn't have the money/banks stopped from fraud suspicion, whatever. I will add this though, GAME really need to add a system to update details and try again rather than go straight for cancel.

Top Bottom