• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Grumps (aka Egoraptor plays some games)

totowhoa

Banned
hay gaiz

hr8UmZi.gif

I didn't realize either of those were controversial. 3D Land doesn't have even the slightest bit of difficulty until the second half, and the NSMB series is often criticized for lack of creativity.

Agreed. Haven't played enough of Galaxy to compare it to 3D Land, but pretty much the only challenge I had in 3D Land was getting all 3 coins in all the levels (all 3 in one run).

This one and the awkward rant in Rogue Legacy about being stupid. He's just been beating on the same topic way too long where it becomes awkward. The rest has been good though.

I've come to the conclusion that Danny is the only talented one of the whole bunch.

When he isn't trying to shoehorn his sex life or lack thereof into the conversation.

Was looking through the Grumps reddit and saw a post by Danny. Dude apparently has a typical 9-5 job in addition to NSP, Steam Train, Game Grumps, and whatever other project he's working on at any given time. That's pretty nuts. Also makes me think this doesn't pay as well as we all thought.

Either it doesn't pay as well as we thought, or he just understands that it's not a viable career choice that only requires one day of easy work.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
The newest SMS where Arin mentioned stupid Americans reminds me of when I was playing Peggle and my friend said "Oh it's like pachinko" while I was yapping about plinko from the price is right because I didn't know pachinko existed. Then later I found out and felt real dumb.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
The newest SMS where Arin mentioned stupid Americans reminds me of when I was playing Peggle and my friend said "Oh it's like pachinko" while I was yapping about plinko from the price is right because I didn't know pachinko existed. Then later I found out and felt real dumb.
Well, as a kid I knew of Plinko years before I knew Japan and Pachinko existed. It was even more until I actually saw one in person at a boardwalk.

Grinchy

Banned
Was looking through the Grumps reddit and saw a post by Danny. Dude apparently has a typical 9-5 job in addition to NSP, Steam Train, Game Grumps, and whatever other project he's working on at any given time. That's pretty nuts. Also makes me think this doesn't pay as well as we all thought.

Maybe it doesn't, but it may also be the case that Arin takes most of the marbles.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I really hope Sunshine becomes their next Sonic. I hope they get every last shine no matter what it takes. I recall there were some really damn hard ones in those Galaxy levels.

I also really hope Nintendo gives Sunshine the Wind Waker treatment some day. I'd love to replay it. But, you know, without the voice acting please.

Noi

I don't know why you'd ever play this game one-player. Also, I apparently completely blocked out that this was an LJN game (had the Genesis version as a kid.)

Probably because it's a single player game. Separation Anxiety was the one with co-op.

I really hope Sunshine becomes their next Sonic. I hope they get every last shine no matter what it takes. I recall there were some really damn hard ones in those Galaxy levels.

I also really hope Nintendo gives Sunshine the Wind Waker treatment some day. I'd love to replay it. But, you know, without the voice acting please.

When did people turn their opinion around on Sunshine? I remember for the longest time a ton of people did nothing but hate that game, now plenty say it's their favorite Mario.

I'm really happy they went back to Sunshine, I was really enjoying that playthrough even if they barely talk about the game when it's not being difficult.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
When did people turn their opinion around on Sunshine? I remember for the longest time a ton of people did nothing but hate that game, now plenty say it's their favorite Mario.
I never hated it. I did hate that I had to purchase it at its $30 "Players Choice" price during a time when Microsoft and Sony's equivalents were never more than $20.

But I enjoyed the crap out of it and would definitely buy a HD upgrade IF:

They redo the cutscenes as in-game cutscenes
And remove the voice acting and make the script better for those scenes

The rest of the game is perfect as it is. Definitely would buy it. Those pre-Galaxy levels could really look amazing if the game had the same shine Galaxy did. Plus it'd be higher def as well.

I would replay Sunshine but the FLUDD-less levels kill it for me. I don't know why but those are the hardest things for me to do. I absolutely dreaded playing those.

Those pre-Galaxy levels could really look amazing if the game had the same shine Galaxy did.

Have you played those levels since Galaxy came out? I went back a couple years later and couldn't stop trying to shake the controller to spin. Having played Galaxy it made those levels way harder than they should have been.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I would replay Sunshine but the FLUDD-less levels kill it for me. I don't know why but those are the hardest things for me to do. I absolutely dreaded playing those.
Those are the best part of Sunshine. They laid the groundwork for Galaxy.

Have you played those levels since Galaxy came out? I went back a couple years later and couldn't stop trying to shake the controller to spin. Having played Galaxy it made those levels way harder than they should have been.
Oh don't worry. They'd probably figure out a way to get the shake spin into Sunshine.

Haven't played Sunshine in forever. And since I'm getting a Wii U soon I won't be able to anymore unless I dig out my GameCube (No idea where it is) or keep my Wii also hooked up, which would seem redundant. (Especially with two sensor bars and a bunch of mixed and matched WiiMotes getting confused with each other.)

Great Barry episode. "End it on the who." :lol
Best Barry moment ever.

Those are the best part of Sunshine. They laid the groundwork for Galaxy.

A lot of people say this and I do like Galaxy but I find these levels to this day way harder than anything in Galaxy. I don't know why I have such trouble with them but I almost get anxious watching them play these levels.

Top Bottom