• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Grumps (aka Egoraptor plays some games)

totowhoa

Banned
Oh my god. Oh my god oh my god oh my god.

Oh my god.

Can't wait to watch it later.

Oh my god.

Veni Vidi Vici, right?

Yes.

This episode has one of my favorite game grumps moments ever.

The banter with Suzy and Ross was also very enjoyable. Man, you really feel for Arin in this. I was pulling so hard!

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I don't know why they insist on using an analogue stick, arrow keys would probably make it way easier. At least, that's how I beat VVVVVV, though I didn't collect most of the trinkets.

Neo Samus

When Arin asks Barry to speed up about halfway through and Barry say "not a chance" (or something along those lines) made me laugh out loud.

Goddamn, arin and ross are just too stupid, my IQ feels like it drops every time I watch steam train. Ross absolutely refused to move left and so he couldn't solve what to do or use the wand thing that tells you exactly what to fucking do. I really hope Danny comes back for steam train soon, it's ridiculous.

Village

Super Mario Bros. 3: Mushroom Flower Flower - PART 2

* that mario conversation at the beginning*

post-15337-Christian-Bale-confused-gif-PnJ4.gif

Does Ego like anything modern? Doesn't sound like it.

He defended new Pokémon when Jon said only the first two gens are worthwhile, but for the most part it just seems like he's so blinded by his love for the games of his youth that he's unable to appreciate most modern games. I think he said in one of their Mega Man eps that the Zero and ZX series were vastly inferior to the X series, despite them sharing almost identical gameplay styles and mechanics and the X series dropping off hard after a point.

Elija2

Every time they play a 2D Mario game Arin has to complain about how it was better in the good old days and then proceed to give false reasons as to why it was better. It's funny because I recall Arin saying that he liked NSMB2 and NSMBU.

Village

Every time they play a 2D Mario game Arin has to complain about how it was better in the good old days and then proceed to give false reasons as to why it was better. It's funny because I recall Arin saying that he liked NSMB2 and NSMBU.

I watch other game plays stuff, like I dunno the two best friends guys. I watch them, and they have opinions, and sometimes I do not agree with them. Fine, whatever its cool we are people. But at least their opinions aren't based on things that do not exist. Just strait up fabrications, I have this issue with game grumps where its always that 1 episode where ego raptor wants to talk about games, and its just complete bullshit. Arin should talk his singing in the car rules on video games.

RagnarokX

He doesn't just limit himself to 2D Mario. Back in the Sunshine playthrough: http://youtu.be/Ao3pkoZyK8k?t=8m58s

Arin: "I feel like [Gamecube] was the last vestige of like Nintendo's creativity... before they started like being like 'ALRIGHT SO MARIO IS GOOMBAS AND TURTLE SHELLS! UH, ZELDA IS TRIFORCE AND UH OCTOROKS!'"

Arin: "Like these guys are new!" (referring to cataquacks)
Dan: "Yeah, nothing remotely like them has ever been in any other Mario game."

Mario 64 says hi.
RC8Pn2H.jpg

And if we want to go further back, there were tornados in the angry sun level of Super Mario Bros 3 that were similar.

But if we're going just on enemies alone:

Super Mario Sunshine added these enemies:
DZ1kYEC.png

Super Mario Galaxy added these enemies:
OSNSKD6.png

Super Mario 3D Land added these enemies:
isL5Whd.png

It also had tanooki versions of goombas, bob-ombs, boos, bullet bills, and thwomps that slightly altered their behavior.

But yeah, if you're going to complain about something, at least come up with real reasons.

The more and more I watch Game Grumps, the more and more I realize Arin doesn't have a clue about what he's talking about.

It's just painful when his rants contradict his relatively well thought out sequelitis episodes. The new steam train episode was unbearable with them whining about controls and then ross asking what the controls were every 2 seconds.

Okamid3n

Super Mario Sunshine Part 47

Wow. They end up looking it up and end up following what I'm guessing is a speedrunner's sequence breaking technique, apparently assuming that's the right way to do the level (though they do question if they're sequence breaking, at least).

I'm super late in replying, but the current speedrunner strategy is a lot faster and more...sequence-breaking. Although I'm sure old speedruns used this strategy before too.

This is the current speedrunner strategy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0A8fO_td0o#t=33m24s

It was still pretty funny to see Arin go this weird way to the shine. I think that's how I first got the shine too, actually!

XaosWolf

It's just painful when his rants contradict his relatively well thought out sequelitis episodes. The new steam train episode was unbearable with them whining about controls and then ross asking what the controls were every 2 seconds.

Especially when they never read any control screens or dialogue box.

Hey man, it's not their fault for ignoring what the game's telling them, it's the game design's. Games should be intuitive and tell you everything you need to know without your ever having to pay attention to them in any way.

RetroMG

That Doctor Who Steam Train video was painful. I mean, Eternity Clock isn't a very good game to begin with, but Ross and Arin were just completely lost.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I watched Total Biscuit play that Doctor Who game and it was really badly designed anyway. I was surprised they even bothered. Though it does appear all three of them are fans so I guess it makes sense to want to try it.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I'm not feeling They Bleed Pixels. Not the Grumps episodes, but the game itself. Looks too meh and overdone. Love the artstyle I guess. But such a boring game that's been done so much before.

Village

I'm not feeling They Bleed Pixels. Not the Grumps episodes, but the game itself. Looks too meh and overdone. Love the artstyle I guess. But such a boring game that's been done so much before.

I'm a fan of some edge, I like shadow, I like red hood and wolverine and DMC and whatever.

However I cant even do with that game.

That is some jonen vasquez,/I will press shit threw up into something vaguely inspired by anime.

Bradiculous

Neo Member
I'm kinda scared Danny's gonna get left behind in the later Mario 3 levels and leave Arin to complete the rest of the game without them. I like to see them both tackle the levels in their own way.

Noi

I stopped watching the Secret of Mana playthrough cause it was a bit dull. Has Dan remembered that you can set the Tactics for the AI player so that they're more aggressive, which is something they were complaining about earlier?

I had to quit the second video like 10 seconds in when Ross couldn't figure out how to operate the lever that said HOLD ATTACK in front of it, only to be followed by Arin whining from arin that the up attack wasn't explained in the tutorial after he went to the pause menu and skipped the last 6 or 7 parts of the tutorial. It seriously have to have some mental problem or something, it can't be a joke.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
My god, The Stanley Parable is the best thing Steam Train has ever done. If not one of the best things the entire GameGrumps channel has done. I love how the demo was tailored for Steam Train. Barry must have it in with the creator and convinced them to play it. This is genuinely amazing.

I remember the Stanley Parable being something completely different when it was just a Garry's Mod. Can't wait to play the actual game myself. I believe the actual game will be more like the mod. I can't remember if I played the original or think I did because I watched an LP.

It really is like playing a Hitchhikers game.

totowhoa

Banned
Stanley Parable episode was easily the best Steam Train episode and one of the best GG episodes in general. I almost didn't watch it because I just thought it would be the original game, and I couldn't see that being a very good episode. Comments seemed positive so I watched it later, and man, I'm so glad I didn't miss this

Goddammit, Ross

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Stanley Parable episode was easily the best Steam Train episode and one of the best GG episodes in general. I almost didn't watch it because I just thought it would be the original game, and I couldn't see that being a very good episode. Comments seemed positive so I watched it later, and man, I'm so glad I didn't miss this

Goddammit, Ross
Yeah. Though I loved watching a playthrough of the original Garry's Mod release, I was pleasantly surprised that this was a completely different experience and completely customized for Steam Train. When he asked Ross and Danny to apologize to the audience for letting them down it was amazing. Best part being Danny and Ross not knowing anything at all ahead of time.

Even if the developer paid Barry a big check to convince the conductors to play it, it was worth it and the best paid LP they've ever done on the show so far. (Not that I'm saying Barry was paid off. But you know he and the dev were friends enough to convince the narrator to record special lines just for them.

Funny thing is I believe the actual game that is going to come out is just going to be an expanded version of the original Mod and nothing like what we saw in the video here. It's amazing they put so much work into a demo that won't even be part of the final game. It gave us an appetizer of the game without giving away any one part of what we'll be getting.

"Goddammit, Ross" was the best part too.

Every 3 questions during that AMA is going to be about Jontron, i can feel it in my bones.

Also, that new Steam Train justified the show's existence forever.

Yeah. Though I loved watching a playthrough of the original Garry's Mod release, I was pleasantly surprised that this was a completely different experience and completely customized for Steam Train. When he asked Ross and Danny to apologize to the audience for letting them down it was amazing. Best part being Danny and Ross not knowing anything at all ahead of time.

Even if the developer paid Barry a big check to convince the conductors to play it, it was worth it and the best paid LP they've ever done on the show so far. (Not that I'm saying Barry was paid off. But you know he and the dev were friends enough to convince the narrator to record special lines just for them.

Funny thing is I believe the actual game that is going to come out is just going to be an expanded version of the original Mod and nothing like what we saw in the video here. It's amazing they put so much work into a demo that won't even be part of the final game. It gave us an appetizer of the game without giving away any one part of what we'll be getting.

"Goddammit, Ross" was the best part too.

It absolutely was a great video. The personalization was great and the "Goddamnit, Ross!" bit was especially funny.

Top Bottom