• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Grumps (aka Egoraptor plays some games)

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Goosebumps' graphics are so bad. I couldn't believe it was a Wii game. Thought it was like early GC or PS2, then the pointer came up.

Castlevania: Dracula X - Part 1

Sad that they return to Castlevania for Halloween but not SCIV

Also beginning to doubt Danny's nerd cred. He hasn't played any Mario past SMB2 nor any Castlevania past CVII

more sad that they're playing dracula x over rondo of blood :(

... that being said i wish i had people who sent me dracula x carts

but for how big a castlevania fiend ego is, i can't believe he hasn't played dracula x or rondo. he's missing out D:

RagnarokX

from reddit :p

indq7ux.gif

The buzzy beetles are better players than Arin and Danny?

Castlevania: Dracula X - Part 1

Sad that they return to Castlevania for Halloween but not SCIV

Also beginning to doubt Danny's nerd cred. He hasn't played any Mario past SMB2 nor any Castlevania past CVII

Danny doesn't seem like much of a gamer to me in general. Dude is an extrovert and has 3 jobs (4 if you consider Steam Train and GG separate) so I doubt he has much time to game on his own, and Arin seems to take charge in pretty much every single player game.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Ego continues to show that without a script, he has no idea what he's talking about.

It was Trevor Belmont in Castlevania III, not Simon. And Alucard is not Dracula, he's the SON of Dracula. (In Castlevania, at least.)

And SMH at him not knowing that Alucard is Dracula backward...

Ego continues to show that without a script, he has no idea what he's talking about.

It was Trevor Belmont in Castlevania III, not Simon. And Alucard is not Dracula, he's the SON of Dracula. (In Castlevania, at least.)

And SMH at him not knowing that Alucard is Dracula backward...

You realize he was joking about the Alucard thing? Though you are right that he mistook Trevor for Simon in III.

He also doesn't know that Dracula X was a console port of Rondo.

Danny doesn't seem like much of a gamer to me in general. Dude is an extrovert and has 3 jobs (4 if you consider Steam Train and GG separate) so I doubt he has much time to game on his own, and Arin seems to take charge in pretty much every single player game.

I get the same feeling, it's not bad or anything, just kind of stands out when he's on a daily let's play channel.

Overall I still like Danny more than either Arin or Jon, just not more than Arin and Jon.

Kokonoe

Banned
Playing some Kendo Rage. First heard of it on Game Grumps and I'm at Stage 4 at the moment. It's actually kind of good. It's hardcore, though. If anyone here needs help with the third boss, the 3 fishes, they follow a simple pattern so you can take em out with one life if you nail it down well. The hardest part is understanding what their pattern is at first.

I go

1. Orange Fish

Your first target. He first swims to you, then swims back and puts a worm on the ground. Either jump over the worm or kill it. Stay in your position near the right hand side as he's going to float up. Stay in a ducking position and he wont hit you. Get some hits in, then he'll go back to his original spot where he's about to dash at you again. Walk to the left to dodge, rinse and repeat.

2. Blue Fish

He comes in third, but you'll want to kill this guy second since he covers more of the screen than the green fish. I don't have much of a strategy for this guy other than hang on the very right corner and whail upward with your kendo stick, spam it up until it dies.

3. Green Fish

He comes in second while you're fighting the orange fish. Just follow the orange fish patterns above and you'll dodge because they don't attack at the same time in the same spot. He stays on the left side of the screen, so that's why I go for him last as he's less dangerous and easier to dodge than the blue fish.

Watched today's ep of Dracula X. Figured Arin would fall during stage 3. Now he can't rescue Annette or Maria and he still doesn't realize about item crashes.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Watching the Maniac Mansion thing and boy are they talking stupid stuff about the game. "You can fuck up the whole game just by being at the wrong spot when a guy shows up!" - "The whole thing is on a timer, Fred will just suck your GFs brains after a while!" etc etc.

Maaan, I hate it when famous games people have no clue whatsoever about classic games :/ Arin even TOLD him there's a stone in the cellar to open the door, and he's not the guy claiming to "know" the game.

:/

Watching the Maniac Mansion thing and boy are they talking stupid stuff about the game. "You can fuck up the whole game just by being at the wrong spot when a guy shows up!" - "The whole thing is on a timer, Fred will just suck your GFs brains after a while!" etc etc.

Maaan, I hate it when famous games people have no clue whatsoever about classic games :/ Arin even TOLD him there's a stone in the cellar to open the door, and he's not the guy claiming to "know" the game.

I honestly didn't mind it. Also, this was a game Danny played as a kid, i can see him remembering things wrong. I honestly enjoyed the Maniac Mansion series.

Was it really that bad?
I've never played the originals, and I had a good time watching it.

Noi

Ross playing Isaac has to be up there in the most frustrating series to watch. Watching someone play Isaac for the first time is fun as long as the person watching is actually eager to learn how to play, not ignore the yellow item room doors and bolt straight for the bosses with no upgrades every single time.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Ho. Ly. Shit.

I hope they play the whole thing. I hate hate hate when they give up on good games.

Still sad they gave up on LTTP in the Jon days.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Hmm, might skip WWHD. One of the games I kind of want to play if I get a Wii U. Don't want to spoil all the puzzles and dungeons.

RagnarokX

Wind Waker Part 2 is up. They got lost on Outset Island...

Arin seems to think he has to do side stuff until Orca will give him the sword so he's running around grabbing pigs and stuff and then going back to see if he can get the sword. 30 minutes in and they haven't even gotten the telescope yet... This is gonna be a long one.

They're playing with the pro controller instead of the gamepad... why?

Wind Waker Part 2 is up. They got lost on Outset Island...

Arin seems to think he has to do side stuff until Orca will give him the sword so he's running around grabbing pigs and stuff and then going back to see if he can get the sword. 30 minutes in and they haven't even gotten the telescope yet... This is gonna be a long one.

They're playing with the pro controller instead of the gamepad... why?

In case you hadn't noticed, Arin is kind of an idiot when it comes to games. His sequelitis series was kind of a fluke.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
It's pronounced "side", right? Not "sid" like they were saying?

Actually, I think this was the game that taught me what sidle meant. Or that it was a word.

RagnarokX

It's pronounced "side", right? Not "sid" like they were saying?

Actually, I think this was the game that taught me what sidle meant. Or that it was a word.

Right. side-el

"Sidle up to" and "sidle on up" are fairly common expressions.

Heh, I was just watching the latest Mario 3 video.

"There was a soda called... Shawsta? and it had Mario characters..."

Come on, you live in California! Shasta is everywhere :p

Wow, Danny destroyed that matching game.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Right. side-el

"Sidle up to" and "sidle on up" are fairly common expressions.

Heh, I was just watching the latest Mario 3 video.

"There was a soda called... Shawsta? and it had Mario characters..."

Come on, you live in California! Shasta is everywhere :p

Wow, Danny destroyed that matching game.
Shasta is here too. BUT, back in the early '90s, there was a promotional version with SMB2 characters on it. Mario, Luigi, Toadstool and Toad. Regular Shasta is still around everywhere, (Not sure how Danny could miss it.) but the Mario stuff was licensed temporary. I remember it and had a few as a kid. I remember liking it. We had it in class.

RagnarokX

Shasta is here too. BUT, back in the early '90s, there was a promotional version with SMB2 characters on it. Mario, Luigi, Toadstool and Toad. Regular Shasta is still around everywhere, (Not sure how Danny could miss it.) but the Mario stuff was licensed temporary. I remember it and had a few as a kid. I remember liking it. We had it in class.

I know, but Shasta is a mountain and a city in California that the drink is named after, plus he mispronounced it!1 :p

But yeah, Shasta is takes up a lot of space in like every store I've been in and they've got vending machines. Sounds like Arin hasn't seen it since the 90s, which is odd.

Wind Waker HD part 3: Solving the mystery of if Tetra is a boy or a girl.

"It's dangerous to go alone. Take this."

"That always seemed like a weird line to me because you're still alone."

"I guess the idea is that the sword is your friend."

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Has Arin had a stroke or something recently because while he's never been THE BEST at VIDEOGAMES, consecutively failing to read BOLDED COLOUR WORDS on a screen saying shit like "FIND A FUCKING SHIELD, JESUS FUCK THIS IS THE TUTORIAL ISLAND" is the genuine worst its been.

** Oh sweet jesus they have to look it up. I hope he never ever makes another Sequelitus ever again. He has forfeited that right.

Kard8p3

Has Arin had a stroke or something recently because while he's never been THE BEST at VIDEOGAMES, consecutively failing to read BOLDED COLOUR WORDS on a screen saying shit like "FIND A FUCKING SHIELD, JESUS FUCK THIS IS THE TUTORIAL ISLAND" is the genuine worst its been.

** Oh sweet jesus they have to look it up. I hope he never ever makes another Sequelitus ever again. He has forfeited that right.

It certainly doesn't bode well for the rest of the playthrough.

Saw part 23 of Mario 3 and Danny was eating a bag of Lucky Charms marshmallows that was sent to them. I thought they didn't eat food they got out of precaution.

RagnarokX

How would THEY know that? It's not like they had a CUTSCENE about it!

Arin thinks the Helmaroc King is a gryphon now...

Top Bottom