• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Grumps (aka Egoraptor plays some games)

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
A lot of people say this and I do like Galaxy but I find these levels to this day way harder than anything in Galaxy. I don't know why I have such trouble with them but I almost get anxious watching them play these levels.
They definitely were much harder than most of Galaxy.

A lot of people say this and I do like Galaxy but I find these levels to this day way harder than anything in Galaxy. I don't know why I have such trouble with them but I almost get anxious watching them play these levels.

The main reason I had issues with them was because you had the water pack for every other part of the game, so suddenly not being able to correct by hovering meant you had to play way safer and that it was way easier to fall off the edge.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Todays part 2 Wheel of Fortune Jr. episode was amazing. How did Arin not know
Lightning Bug
??? Or Danny with
Strawberry Ice Cream
! And both times they were so sure they knew it. Best episode of Vs. in a while. Whoo. I hope there's a part 3.

Labrys

I have to admit I've enjoyed the Wheel of Fortunes a lot more than most of their recent stuff.
I guess it's not really surprising, seeing that most of my Jon/Arin ones were the gameshow ones they played, like Jeopardy and WWTBAM.

totowhoa

Banned
Todays part 2 Wheel of Fortune Jr. episode was amazing. How did Arin not know
Lightning Bug
??? Or Danny with
Strawberry Ice Cream
! And both times they were so sure they knew it. Best episode of Vs. in a while. Whoo. I hope there's a part 3.

I dunno, I live in the U.S. and I've heard "lightning bug" probably twice in my life, I had no idea what that was. I've only really ever heard firefly

Most recent Sunshine episodes has a mention of Guest Grumps near the end, so hopefully that means they're still actively trying to bring some people on to the show.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I dunno, I live in the U.S. and I've heard "lightning bug" probably twice in my life, I had no idea what that was. I've only really ever heard firefly
You have to remember this was the '80s. Lightning Bug was pretty popular. It's all we called them as kids. I mean this is the Junior version after all.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
YES! sunshine is back will watch later.

Also did people watch wheel of fortune jr eps?
Those were seriously hilarious :D
They were fantastically amazing. I hope they do a third.

Then move onto another gameshow. Vs. with Danny and Arin are awesome. It's been a while since we had a proper Vs. It's been Steam Rolled for so long. Nice to have Vs. back for once.

Elija2

So I thought that Game Grumps was supposed to be for console games and Steam Train for PC games, but there was that time they played Mario Party on Steam Train. Why wasn't that a Game Grumps vs? And I've noticed that Arin, Suzy, and Barry have all appeared on Steam Train episodes but Game Grumps has just stuck with Danny and Arin. I'm guessing they want to keep Game Grumps as just Danny and Arin (with the occasional Guest Grump) since it's the main show and they want to keep it consistent, while with Steam Train they don't really care about what they do. It's really odd.

Ugh, Arin makes me fucking cringe when he does his impersonations of "society". I really wish he would stop, they're just awkward and severely played out at this point.

G-Pink

Is there confirmed bad blood between Jon and Arin? I heard some stuff, but I can never tell when the internet is being totally fallacious or not.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I'm assuming no. I think Jon just wanted to work on his actual channel.

That + preferring scripted stuff as opposed to GG's "off the cuff" style.
Someone had said it was a money thing. He needed more, but they couldn't do it or something. I can't see it being bad blood. Probably a mutual separation. Hopefully a reunion will be in the cards for them. No way will they both go and not get together. I don't care if they don't play any games or even talk about what happened. I just wanna see them shoot the shit.

Someone had said it was a money thing. He needed more, but they couldn't do it or something. I can't see it being bad blood. Probably a mutual separation. Hopefully a reunion will be in the cards for them. No way will they both go and not get together. I don't care if they don't play any games or even talk about what happened. I just wanna see them shoot the shit.

I honestly, given how much time has passed, would like Jon to come back, join Ego and Danny, finish Sonic '06, and go on out on that. I think that's the only closure i need. Game Grumps is good as is now, but i'd just like to see them come back, renewed, and jump into the final chapter.

Elija2

Do you think Arin and Danny will ever go back to one of the games that Arin and Jon were playing through? It would kinda suck if all the series' they started before Jon's departure remain incomplete forever. I wouldn't expect them to go back to every game, just the ones they showed genuine interest in like Pokemon Emerald or Kirby's Return to Dreamland (although I think we've had enough Kirby episodes for one lifetime).

New Jon Tron just went up 20 minutes ago apparently: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEhApoSekxE&feature=c4-overview&list=UUdJdEguB1F1CiYe7OEi3SBg

I enjoyed it, though he was shitting on a few things that I thought seemed pretty good (some of the music for instance)
OK hahhahahahaha omg I laughed soooo hard at the gameboy game that part was fantastic :D
Yeah he is back I loved it, great video! :D

Is there confirmed bad blood between Jon and Arin? I heard some stuff, but I can never tell when the internet is being totally fallacious or not.
Can''t find it right now but he did a long as reddit post about this, and no he just wanted to move on and work on own stuff again.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Yep, theres bad blood there. No way to read that and his responses and see it certainly didnt end on sunshine and roses.

Game Grumps is better for it now anyway since every single episode is infinitely more watchable rather than the odd few.

NotLiquid

While I doubt that it was a flawless breakup, this seems more to me that there were certain things lost in translation. There's always two sides of one coin, as well as two sides to one story.

There was a mutual agreement for his departure, both Jon and Arin did their goodbyes and thats the end of it. This has more to do with misinterpreting what Jon thinks of Grumps, be it Arin, Jon or the mods. The result was perhaps the more desired outcome so no one has to dwell on the past, but the means was questionable.

It's hard to feel bad for him over the confusion and misinformation when he should and could have just explained this all in the same day he left. Leaving without any information is going to make people speculate and draw conclusions based on single sentences said in passing, it was his responsibility to inform his fans of his decisions other than just "I want to make JonTron."

OnPoint

The videos are still coming, are still funny, and everyone seems like they're friends. I don't see why people care, seems like they've kept it private on purpose. Just let it go and enjoy the content.

Boogiepop

So yeah, anyone else notice that Danny seems to be completely removed from Steam Train stuff now? Weird. First it was that Steam Rolled stuff, and then now we have the last couple of new games they've started up too. At first I thought it was a temporary thing to change stuff up, but now it seems Steam Train Danny really was "killed off."

So yeah, anyone else notice that Danny seems to be completely removed from Steam Train stuff now? Weird. First it was that Steam Rolled stuff, and then now we have the last couple of new games they've started up too. At first I thought it was a temporary thing to change stuff up, but now it seems Steam Train Danny really was "killed off."

He has a job and is part of a band, it seems as though he originally signed on to be part of just one show, then starred on two, they most likely are having Arin pick up the slack on Steam Train to give Danny more time.

Also, it's getting increasingly difficult to watch Arin play Sunshine, I understand the phenomenon of not having as much time to think about things while recording, playing blind and having to talk/be funny the whole time, but when they're using a walkthrough and he still doesn't get it, it's just a bit hard to watch.

RagnarokX

He has a job and is part of a band, it seems as though he originally signed on to be part of just one show, then starred on two, they most likely are having Arin pick up the slack on Steam Train to give Danny more time.

Also, it's getting increasingly difficult to watch Arin play Sunshine, I understand the phenomenon of not having as much time to think about things while recording, playing blind and having to talk/be funny the whole time, but when they're using a walkthrough and he still doesn't get it, it's just a bit hard to watch.

"Spray the painting and then go on to it." "WTF DOES THAT MEAN?"

::checks another walkthrough::

"Who would ever think to jump through a painting in a Mario game?! This game doesn't make sense!"

And then the next video the game tells them to spray the slot machines, he hardly even tries, fails, and instantly decides that's not what you're supposed to do.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I can't believe how much time they wasted in VVVVVV on that one area. You just need to walk to the right and not stop. It's timed to go directly over the spike tower. He kept stopping and trying to sneak over it. *sigh* The screen title even hinted at that.

In the Kirby video when they were flying saucers, I felt so bad for the "monkey" cowering in the corner trying to keep from getting abducted. So adorable and sad.

Elija2

I can't believe how much time they wasted in VVVVVV on that one area. You just need to walk to the right and not stop. It's timed to go directly over the spike tower. He kept stopping and trying to sneak over it. *sigh* The screen title even hinted at that.

I know, I've never played VVVVVV but even I figured it out from the screen title. Even Arin says "I think you just need to hold right", but then for whatever reason he flips to the ceiling instead of just running off the cliff and decides that he was wrong. Come on.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I know, I've never played VVVVVV but even I figured it out from the screen title. Even Arin says "I think you just need to hold right", but then for whatever reason he flips to the ceiling instead of just running off the cliff and decides that he was wrong. Come on.
Seriously. When he did that I figured "Oh, he'll try again without flipping." NOPE. Then the video ends and they're still there. Wasted like half an episode on that part. I cannot wait until they get to Vini Vidi Vici. (I haven't checked todays episode) As long as they don't skip it. I don't care if they waste two episodes on that part for a silly trinket.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Just today I was wondering why they don't revisit some of the games Jon played that they gave up on because one or the other hated it. Thought maybe it was a respect thing out of respect for Jon. Hopefully they do some other games too. I can't even remember which one of them liked Star Fox 64, but I'd love to see that one again. And maybe Danny might be able to beat Super Mario Land without accidentally hitting the Reset combo before world 4. (Still my favorite GG ending ever. Sad they never tried again.)

Curious to see if they'll be able to stick with it this time. Secret of Mana's opening is a weird rollercoaster to me. Every time I see the start of the game, I get filled with wonder and awesome memories. Then the Mantis Ant appears and I am reminded of the bullshit magic and projectile system, which just ruins it for me.

I don't see it lasting much longer this time than last honestly... RPGs make terrible comedic LPs.... especially SNES era where assets are constantly being recycled due to memory limitations.

Top Bottom