• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer August Cover Revealed: Dishonored (Arkane, Harvey Smith)

HK-47 said:
Uh oh they used that word...morality
::Cole voice::

Well, I COULD help this sweet old lady cross the street...then again I could splatter her fucking brains all over the wall and steal the shard. What ever should I do?

Fuck morality in games.

RavenFox said:
Wow! What a beautiful mouth.

v2R4t.jpg

jacksrb

Exciting to see new IPs with proper publisher support. This and the new IP FPS from Insomniac are exciting.

I look forward to playing both on the Wii U next fall (hopefully, and maybe at 1080p and with a better framerate).

Derrick01 said:
You know what? Yes. I can understand not liking shooters or some other genre because of the gameplay but if you don't have some problem where first person makes you motion sick then there's no sane reason to hate on a game just because of a perspective. There's only a few different ways to view a game.
Huh? Perhaps some people just like to see their character or whatever thing they care about? They aren't stupid if a first person perspective is a turn off. I'm not even sure how anyone could think this.

Loomer

It's a game about morality and player choice where the world you create is based on your actions, not navigating conversation trees.

They had me at "Arkane Studios working on it" but this just seems awesome.

Muzzy said:
Interesting.

The game is using a custom UE3, wonder how it will look.

Every UE3 is a custom UE3. It doesn't just work out of the box and make a shippable game. Every developer has coders adding their own things to the engine.

watershed

Banned
Sounds very interesting and sounds a lot like Deus Ex Revolution. I'd love to play a modern stealth rpg that captures the feeling of stealth action like the original splinter cell did.

element

whatevermort said:
Every UE3 is a custom UE3. It doesn't just work out of the box and make a shippable game. Every developer has coders adding their own things to the engine.
not 100% true. you could make a game with vanilla UE3, but it better be a pretty simple FPS or Gears clone.

Bethesda will only publish then right? Good. Harvey Smith along with Arkane? Oh my gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I hate how every game must have a morality system though. Some cases (like inFamous series) are just so stupid with it too.

watershed

Banned
Well I wasn't expecting the first screen shot to look like that. I'm getting a serious pirates of the caribbean vibe from this image.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
I like the idea of this world/time period. Also this thread reminded me to play the last THEIF game.

Top Bottom